Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Machines or free weights?

bragaboys

What are preferred to sculpt a better body ? In my mind I feel machines are better for isolating the muscle. But free weight is more for strength ?

You can and should use both. The basis of your workout should be compound exercises done with the barbell. Machines are complements.

For example: your main exercises for the quads is the barbell squat. The leg press is a complement to the training but you can have a quad training only with squat and variations.

Understand that strength and hypertrophy are related. You need hypertrophy to increase strength and strength to build more muscles. There is no way to separate one from the other.

What are preferred to sculpt a better body ? In my mind I feel machines are better for isolating the muscle. But free weight is more for strength ?

You can and should use both. However, free weights win for strength if only on the basis of working the stabilizers. Whereas machines win for building muscle as it can be argued that they isolate the muscle better.

Why limit yourself to one or the other. When I train at home it’s all free weights but when I go to the gym I like to use all the toys.
You can build your body with either, just train with intensity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why limit yourself to one or the other. When I train at home it’s all free weights but when I go to the gym I like to use all the toys.
You can build your body with either, just train with intensity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why indeed?

Generally speaking - free weights are better for developing the physique as a whole because they also train the stabilizer muscles and activate the central nervous system better.

However machines also have their place. A well developed workout routine will incorporate both machines and free weights

Top Bottom