Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

low energy levels

Diet and sleep are key. Too low carbs = low energy, too low calories = low energy, too much sugar = low energy. My work requires me to be on my feet all day and when I add hours to my day I go through a slump. I have to change up my diet to include more carbs in the morning and ensure I am getting enough calories for my energy needs. Water helps too ;-)

I would stay away from supplements and try changing your diet and habits first. You don't want to run off of borrowed energy do you? I love Lipoflame before I hit the gym but by itself I get the crazy gitters. Only use borrowed energy when you need to expand more energy than you can give yourself naturally.

You are making such amazing progress. Keep up the awesome work. Remember that a healthy lifestyle is a journey. It is not a point to be reached. Love ya girl!

Also - by watching some of your threads you were going pretty hard there for awhile. It could simply be that you were wore out.

^^^What she said^^^

Maybe some new tunes on your IPOD will get you in the mood again?
Or maybe you really do just need some time off :)

Seems like a silly question but what are your goals NOW? ... and what do you think you needa do to reach them?

I know that in the absence of an upcoming competition, shoot or job of some sort where my appearance was very important I found it very hard to maintain drive so my energy waned.

I know that you have been working hard to look and feel better but as you have gotten closer do you feel that you are sorta losing your enthusiasm because you reached *this* goal and have nothing to keep challenging you?

... just thinking out loud. Sorry if I sound loopy.

Seems like a silly question but what are your goals NOW? ... and what do you think you needa do to reach them?

I know that in the absence of an upcoming competition, shoot or job of some sort where my appearance was very important I found it very hard to maintain drive so my energy waned.

I know that you have been working hard to look and feel better but as you have gotten closer do you feel that you are sorta losing your enthusiasm because you reached *this* goal and have nothing to keep challenging you?

hey BK...i'm nowhere near what i want to be...but i'm getting there. i don't have a set time as to when i want to hit my goal..i read about setting minni goal and its benifits but i havn't put it into practice yet.

i'd like to look something like this
http://www.befit.ca/index_files/martine222.jpg

i know she's pretty ripped! i'm still soft but but the fat is slowly dissapating, and those lovely muscles will hopefully appear soon!:supercool

OMG..i feel better now..lol

I just downloaded a great song- totally by accident too!
Basshunters- I will touch the sky
And then of course theres Kanye West- Stronger
The new Rihanna song w/ T.I is AMAZING!- Live your life

Just a few that Im really into right now. They definately help when your trying to bust out that last set or that last interval ( when my legs feel like theyre going to crummble beneath me..lol)

You are in the states though? Ive heard AMAZING things about lipo flame. I would actually love to try it, but they wont ship to Canada- I would have to get someone in the states to receive it for me & then ship it to me......

Of course, we all operate differently, but I find I have to set goals as Bikini said. That's one of the reasons why I compete. I I can get in shape, but I have not been able to get in contest shape without a competition, and it doesn't matter how much I try. So, is very possible that's why you lost the motivation. Perhaps you can set small goals to keep you going..

It could just be overtraining. Your body might need a break. Take 1 week off, stay with the diet, then go back to the gym and see if that helped.

It could just be overtraining. Your body might need a break. Take 1 week off, stay with the diet, then go back to the gym and see if that helped.

+1

Your symptoms match over-training.

Most people do it at least once, if not several times in their training career.

A lot of excellent posts... Perhaps Ms Ebonycurves you are sorta suffering a bit from each of the issues mentioned - overtraining, loss of *little goals*, need to throw in a bit of something new to get you revved up again.

But I want you to realize that what you are experiencing is 100% NORMAL! This happens to all of us. Matter of fact, it happens all the time when you look at it from the perspective of *life changing* behavior. I've been in the gym for over 20 years and let me tell you there have been many times where I felt a bit frazzled and overwhelmed because of a combination of all the issues brought up. Good news is that you can tweak a bit here and there and find yourself back on track just as quickly as you felt you fell off.

Take some time off from the gym... I guarantee you, you won't *get fat* but you WILL itch to get back after a little time off. A week or two. Get out and do other sorts of activities. I, myself, just accidentally drove by a rock-climbing gym just 15 minutes from my house. You know damned well I will stick my nose into the place to see what is up! New music ALWAYS helps! And though your model goal is very attainable its hard to stay on track if you don't have a contest or shoot coming up. So why don't you (after your time off) put yourself on a 12 week program. Pick a date and have that date be *your contest* date... ?

I have just recently found my own groove again. When you lose it you feel like just giving up sometimes. I am so happy to say that the lovely ladies here have helped me tremendously... If they only knew how much. :heart:

Top Bottom