Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Losing Baby Weight

darcykrista

I just had a baby in January. I have always been slim and never fat, but I was never super fit or athletic. My fiance is a bodybuilder and I want to get into fitness. I have been dieting and working out to lose the baby weight, but I don't know if I'm doing it right to lose weight as fast as possible and to become really toned.

So far I've lost 31 pounds, and I have 9 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. But my goal is another 10 pounds after that, so I want to lose a total of 19 pounds at this point. I don't want to just lose weight, I want to be extremely fit too.

I've been following the Atkins diet for the most part, cheating once a week usually, with dessert. My workout hasn't been set in stone, but I walk for 30-60 minutes per day with the stroller, and/or 1 hour on the workout bike and just this week I've added 100 situps per day.

I am getting married July 7, so I want to reach my goal no later than June 1st, however I will do anything to lose it faster. Seeing as I am new at this, any suggestions would be awesome :)

Krista

Hi Krista.... Welcome to EF!

Please post up your Bodyfat and diet...

Your goal doesn't seem to difficult.. Post up everything you eat etc..

Baby weight??

Tell that fat little kid to move his ass and get on a tread....

um....

Oh....never mind.

LOL

Are you breast feeding??

That has a HUGE impact.

The Shadow said:
Baby weight??

Tell that fat little kid to move his ass and get on a tread....

um....

Oh....never mind.

LOL

Are you breast feeding??

That has a HUGE impact.

okay YEAH! I've been asking this question and getting different responses (I'm planning a baby within the next two years) and What do you mean by that?

What effect does breastfeeding have????

i was nursing for 4 weeks (its now been almost 11 weeks since she was born).

cindylou, breastfeeding burns 500 calories/day alone (i'm pretty sure that's the number). I lost the first 15 pounds in those first 4 weeks just from that. i didn't do any exercise in those 4 weeks because nursing is very time consuming. i would have continued, but it was difficult to get her to latch.

this is what i have been eating:

breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 2 pieces weight watchers whole wheat toast
a thin layer of 0 fat margarine
1 cup coffe, w/fat free cream & splenda

from today i was going to start something new:
2 egg whites, 1 cup cooked plain oatmeal, and 1 cup coffe w/fat free cream & splenda

lunch: i've been skipping lunch, i end up doing baby things over lunch time, but i can make the effort to eat at lunchtime

supper:
boneless skinless chicken breast w/bbq sauce
1 cup boiled broccoli w/light cheez whiz

every night before bed, i also drink this chinese super slimming tea

i drink a few bottles of water throughout the day, about 2-3 500ml bottles of lemon flavored water.

i exercise anytime in the afternoon after my little one is fed, burped, and has a new diaper :)

I'm 5'6" and 139 pounds at the moment, and my goal is 120...oh and i haven't a clue what my bodyfat is...probably not that bad, cuz even though i just had a baby i've lost a lot if weight. but i don't have much muscle, so i'm really not sure :worried:

absolutely! your weight will melt off while your nursing. it's pretty cool, your breasts will be huge and you'll lose weight every where else, so if you keep at it for months, you'll have your waist back but still have ginormous breasts. Even just after the 4 weeks, i had a pretty decent figure considering I had just recently had a baby

but now that I've stopped, my breats have shrunk, and they're smaller and not as perky as before I was pregnant. But I think with lifting weights and doing chest exercises, I can hopefully bring them back up :rainbow:

How did you eat during the pregnancy?

Good luck with your goals ; I'm sure you will reach them! Were you 120 before the baby??

Top Bottom