Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Losing Baby Weight

no i was 130, but i want to be 120

lol i ate freely during my pregnancy. i ate all the healthy foods, but i also ate dessert whenever i craved it. i love mac n cheese, i also ate that. i have always been thin but i've never been a health & fitness nut

but then seeing my body after being pregnant was the last push i needed to seriously get into fitness. i have been researching a lot and being disciplined. exercise is easy for me to commit to, but dieting is a challenge every day because i love all the foods i shouldn't have

but ya now i'm doing really good. i'll cheat one or two meals on the weekend, but other than that, i'm strict.

Congrats on your new baby & upcoming wedding! Just a thought on measuring "progress" - don't measure it by weight - if you happened to increase muscle mass and drop bodyfat you may or may NOT see that reflected on the scale. Better to go by bodyfat measures & "how you look". Just want to help set expectations as far as "I want to lose another 10 lb" - you could easily hit your 9 lb goal to pre-baby and then build some more muscle and stay at the same wieght or even increase but look a helluva lot tighter "fitter" if the bodyfat goes down (or muscle mass goes up).

thanks sassy :rainbow:

yeah, i actually realized that as i read an article about bunny, how she became fit, etc. i had no idea that women looked that good with so much muscle, and she says she weighs 155 or something in her pictures, i had no idea 155 pounds looks like that!

i see now that the number doesn't matter, just how i look & feel. i want to look like her though!

do you have suggestions on how i should workout? i can't go to the gym yet my girl is only 11 weeks old. i have a bike at home, thats about all the exercise equipment i have

im a stay at home mommy, so i can commit a lot of time to exercise

breastfeeding burns an extra 500 calories per day BUT a breastfeeding mom also has to take in an extra 200-300 calories per day (above their normal level) in order to produce enough milk to feed a very hungry newborn. So you are no actually in a deficit of 500 calories.

Plus, a breastfeeding mother should NEVER diet.

And BFing moms don't automatically "have the weight melt off" - I didn't. I BF for about 8-9 months and never lost a pound from it. It is all individual.

darcykrista said:
thanks sassy :rainbow:

yeah, i actually realized that as i read an article about bunny, how she became fit, etc. i had no idea that women looked that good with so much muscle, and she says she weighs 155 or something in her pictures, i had no idea 155 pounds looks like that!

i see now that the number doesn't matter, just how i look & feel. i want to look like her though!

do you have suggestions on how i should workout? i can't go to the gym yet my girl is only 11 weeks old. i have a bike at home, thats about all the exercise equipment i have

im a stay at home mommy, so i can commit a lot of time to exercise

Sort of along the lines of what DG is saying - you're still soo soon from new baby -- I actually would suggest core stuff you can do at home -- the bike is cool for some cardio. Walking is great too. How about some pilates tapes? Get a fit ball - you can do some mean trainiing w/ a fit ball and a couple weights.

Top Bottom