Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Loose Weight After Pregnancy

sexymeli

MY FRIEND HERE NEEDS HELP.. SHE HAD A BABY A WHILE BACK .. HER FIRST CHILD... NOW SHE IS STUCK WITH THIS POUCH ON HER STOMACH.. ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL ROUTINES SHE CAN DO THAT CAN HELP HER OUT??
IF SO LET ME KNOW thx xoxo

Is the pooch, fat or is it just the muscle protruding(sp)? If its fat she's just gonna have to loose more fat and that will probably be one of the last places she looses it. Not all women can have a totally flat stomach. What's her bf%

Aw thanks Hannibal and Spatts. Another boy. Lord help me:D :angel:

BG...how much longer 'till your due date?

Seximeli, two words for your friend...TUMMY TUCK. The same thing happened to me 11 yrs ago. My mother-in-law who is Italian said it's called a "Mother's Apron." I think some women are just geneticly prone to it. Did your friend gain a lot of weight when she was pregnant? I gained 65 lbs. during my pregnancy. I had lost the weight but had an awful belly afterwards. I was so aggrivated that I gave up and gained the weight back. The weight is gone now, but a tuck is the only answer for me, the pouch is not just caused by fat, but also the skin not shrinking back.

MrsPuddlesFL said:
the pouch is not just caused by fat, but also the skin not shrinking back.

Yup. I read on this board a few months ago that depending on how light/heavy and high/low a pregnant woman carries, the fasciae of the abdominal wall may be permanently torn, in which case it's impossible for the stomach to retain its pre-pregnancy look without surgery. (The party who posted this happened to be a plastic surgeon, so do the math.)

Congratulations, BG. :angel:

Hi everyone, this is nEsSie! I'm new to the board. Actually, I'm the one seXimelI is speaking of. I asked her to do me the favor and ask for advice.

okay, here's the down-lo:

I'm 24, gave birth March 2002. I'm 5 feet (no inches, yes i'm short!) Went from size 1/2, 110 lbs, to size 12 about 154 lbs during pregnancy. A few months after giving birth, I began hitting the gym once again. I do lots of cardio (precor machines, or aerobic classes) I've gotten myself down to a size 1/2 once again (YES!), i refuse to weigh myself though. My problem here is toning up. my belly is kinda flabby. its getting flatter but very slowly. it seems that the amount of crunches/situps i do, just doesn't work:( . my flab doesn't go away. HELP! I am infact on a diet. High protein, very low carb sort of thing.

Nessie,

Just wondering.. My wife and I have been reading that breastfeeding does magic in terms of losing pregnancy weight especially in shrinking the organs and also losing a lot of fat efficiently. Did you breastfeed by any chance?

One more point. If you really need an effective way to lose fat and manage your toning problem, LAY OFF THE CARDIO and HIT THE WEIGHTS HARD AND HEAVY. Just do a little cardio in the morning on an empty stomach no longer than 25 minutes about 3 - 4 days a week max... I will bet you that most of the successful fitness and bodybuilder females on this board will support me on this view... Am I right everyone??

Mrs. Puddles my due date was 5 may then they moved it to 30 May. My motherly intuition says I'll probably have him early in May.

As for the breastfeeding......this is going to sound vain but, yes it does help you loose the fat faster becuase you are burning 500 calories a day doing it but it does a number on your breast. I didn't breast feed and my tatas will never be the same due to lactating up to a DD cup then back down to a b cup. This time I'm going to wrap my breast with Ace bandages right after I give birth and I'm wrapping my stomach with a waist nipper.

Top Bottom