x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Logging my calories

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Logging my calories within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: When I log in my activity, the calories burned does not even come close to what my heart rate monitor says I've burned. Therefore, I find myself increasing the time I actually performed the activity in order for it to equal what my monitor says I burned. How can I make this part of my log more accurate???

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

All Natural

Logging my calories

When I log in my activity, the calories burned does not even come close to what my heart rate monitor says I've burned. Therefore, I find myself increasing the time I actually performed the activity in order for it to equal what my monitor says I burned. How can I make this part of my log more accurate???

Re: Logging my calories

Use one source. Most of the methods differ.

there is no way to know how many calories you burned and what is the purpose of tracking that anyway? people are under the incorrect assumption that they can 'burn calories' then go have chikFilA as a reward cause they burned all those calories so the food wont' hurt them. WRONG. our bodies were designed to survive a lot of things. so you will still STORE FAT by eating the wrong things, i don't care how many calories you burned!

that is why i always tell my clients to stop counting calories!
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

I don't pay much attention to calories burn I just monitor my intake.
    Contact me on Wickr Me mobile messaging app (cbbram) for 1 on 1 consultations for PED sources, questions, and cycle advice.

Yeah counting calories to me is a waste of time.

I wouldnt worry about logging it. There us no way to get accurate on that
    PM me for help with your cycle, PCT, and discounts from forum sponsors

Click here for the Best Supplements from N2BM

There is no way to accurately log calories burned. There are far far too many variables at play.
    Last edited by P0N; 11-Mar-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Quote posted by stevesmi View Post
    there is no way to know how many calories you burned and what is the purpose of tracking that anyway? people are under the incorrect assumption that they can 'burn calories' then go have chikFilA as a reward cause they burned all those calories so the food wont' hurt them. WRONG. our bodies were designed to survive a lot of things. so you will still STORE FAT by eating the wrong things, i don't care how many calories you burned!

that is why i always tell my clients to stop counting calories!
    Highly ignorant comment. Steve seems to think that everyone who logs their food intake/calories is a fat slob with zero self control. Just because you track what you eat doesnít mean you can eat shit because youíve logged (allowed) it. Calories in and calories out is the method to all body composition/weight gain/loss goals! Bar none!! Eating clean whole foods within this method then allows you to enhance this process further. Achieving body composition goals, whether that be weight gain or weight loss without tracking what you eat is just pot luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Quote posted by sean501 View Post
    Highly ignorant comment. Steve seems to think that everyone who logs their food intake/calories is a fat slob with zero self control. Just because you track what you eat doesnít mean you can eat shit because youíve logged (allowed) it. Calories in and calories out is the method to all body composition/weight gain/loss goals! Bar none!! Eating clean whole foods within this method then allows you to enhance this process further. Achieving body composition goals, whether that be weight gain or weight loss without tracking what you eat is just pot luck.

I do track my calories in, and I don't think it's a bad idea. The issue is trying to tally it against what you burned that day. That is an incredibly complicated number to pin down, because there are so many biological variables at play all the time. For example, your base metabolic rate will change over the course of the day, and the sum of that is different each day. Simple things like the foods you eat make a difference too. Eating a 300kilocalorie steak will actually need you to burn for more calories to digest than say a banana. There is variable upon variable in your biochemical pathways that also plays into this as well. Take any calorie expenditure calculation with a very large grain of salt is the summary. As long as you use and in and out tracking as a broad guideline (and not something to dwell on in minutae) that's going to be fine. Watching your results and how they change generally with your intake and exercise is a good way to succeed without getting too wrapped up in things you can't known for certain.

Quote Quote posted by P0N View Post
    I do track my calories in, and I don't think it's a bad idea. The issue is trying to tally it against what you burned that day. That is an incredibly complicated number to pin down, because there are so many biological variables at play all the time. For example, your base metabolic rate will change over the course of the day, and the sum of that is different each day. Simple things like the foods you eat make a difference too. Eating a 300kilocalorie steak will actually need you to burn for more calories to digest than say a banana. There is variable upon variable in your biochemical pathways that also plays into this as well. Take any calorie expenditure calculation with a very large grain of salt is the summary. As long as you use and in and out tracking as a broad guideline (and not something to dwell on in minutae) that's going to be fine. Watching your results and how they change generally with your intake and exercise is a good way to succeed without getting too wrapped up in things you can't known for certain.
    Totally agree. Adjusting as you go along, in accordance with results is vital. The more experience you have regarding tracking intake and becoming more accustom with your daily (average) calorie expenditure makes the process easier and allow you to fine tune things. Like you say, itís impossible to be 100% certain but itís a lot better than throwing arrows in the dark.