x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

The Log of Fatty McButterPants

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about The Log of Fatty McButterPants within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: *sigh* I guess it is my turn to log. I have no doubts that I will be a slacker and start off good and then slack off in logging. So don't get pissed, I warned you. I am off work until January 2nd, so after that my logging will likely slack – someone needs to help me! lol I am taking my time off work to help “get back into it” by eating pretty clean and staying as active as possible. I, with help from a gorgeous intellegent man, have pretty much developed a plan for me to get back into

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Re: The Log of Fatty McButterPants

Quote Quote posted by Daisy_Girl
    I have ALWAYS had a hard time "feeling it" in my back. No matter what exercise I do, how I tweak it, it always seems that my arms get more of a workout than my back. It has ALWAYS been this way. I really think I was born without lats. Seriously. Plus, I have a HARD time growing and getting definition in my back. I would hire a trainer JUST to train my back - that is, if I trusted "trainers". Most don't know their head from their ass, lol. (Yes, I used to be a trainer)

The ONLY exercise I really feel is the Cable Row. Think I am going to try the HS plate loaded equip next week - I have liked those in the past.
    Start with rack chins and work our way up to body weight chins your lats will grow! Also I recall reading some where a while back that you don't dead lift is this still so?

Mad Scientist

Quote Quote posted by superqt4u2nv
    Start with rack chins and work our way up to body weight chins your lats will grow! Also I recall reading some where a while back that you don't dead lift is this still so?
    No deadlifts - might have to incorporate them once I get some level of musculature back. lol

Have done chins - assisted and unassisted - never seemed to help much. Maybe I just don't give it enough time, I don't know. Even when I was taking AAS, I couldn't really get my back to grow. I started getting more definition in it, but not a lot of growth - esp lat area. I can get my traps (upper and lower) to get a little thickness.

I am sure a lot has to do with the fact that I HATE training back - so I don't give it a lot of time before I get frustrated with it - ya know?

Mad Scientist

** Side note - I am not really hungry today. I wasn't even hungry at breakfast - made myself eat it. It is almost time to eat again, and I feel like I could skip the meal. Weird. I have been downing some water today though - maybe that is it.

No deadlifts - might have to incorporate them once I get some level of musculature back. lol

Have done chins - assisted and unassisted - never seemed to help much. Maybe I just don't give it enough time, I don't know. Even when I was taking AAS, I couldn't really get my back to grow. I started getting more definition in it, but not a lot of growth - esp lat area. I can get my traps (upper and lower) to get a little thickness.

I am sure a lot has to do with the fact that I HATE training back - so I don't give it a lot of time before I get frustrated with it - ya know?
    Stick with chins they will make your back grow keep a wide grip and stretch those lats out. Also deads are going to make your back grow too especialy I find rack deads help since I am not lifting from the floor it really hits the lower back that much more as I can't use my legs as much. Also one arm DB rows great for lats. My lats were weak too when I first started. I would say next to legs my back is my strongest body part. I never done an exercise for traps specificaly in my life there just grew from deads and other compounds.

Quote Quote posted by superqt4u2nv
    DG why do you hate training back? That is hands down my favorite body part to train.
    ^^Ditto

What does your back day look like? I think heavy deads in the 5 rep range and heavy GP Rows also in a lower ep range would help a lot. Lat pull dows, seated stuff, even chins don;t make me grow- but deads and rows do.

Mad Scientist

Guys - also keep in mind that I am coming back from taking A LOT of time off to have a baby .... I will incorporate a lot of heavy compound work at low reps AS SOON as I get some strength and basic core strength back.

Doing heavy deads are not the best idea right now, given my lack of core strength and basic overall body strength.

Give me about 3 months.

I am not focusing on adding muscle right now. The focus is to get back to a reasonable bodyweight and fitness level. I will "tweak" once I get there.

*edit* Also, I know that WHATEVER I lift at the gym right now will add muscle, lol. Fine tuning comes later.
    Last edited by Daisy_Girl; 15-Dec-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Quote posted by Gymgurl
    Big girl Panties lolololol
    I know, huh? it gave me a visual of my grandma and her underwear that goes up to her chest. lololol

Mad Scientist

Went to Whole Foods today - I love that store. Bought some Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter - YUM. Had 1 tbsp tonight, can't wait to eat some on an apple .....

Trying to come up with meals for next week (dinners) - struggling right now. Hard to find meals for both hubby and I - he doesn't eat seafood or many veggies, so we might have to start making separate dinners. Ugh.

Went to Whole Foods today - I love that store. Bought some Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter - YUM. Had 1 tbsp tonight, can't wait to eat some on an apple .....

Trying to come up with meals for next week (dinners) - struggling right now. Hard to find meals for both hubby and I - he doesn't eat seafood or many veggies, so we might have to start making separate dinners. Ugh.
    I've been going through that for a while. There was a point when I was cooking 2 meals - one for me and one for him. now - I just cook a bunch of food on saturday or sunday and it get's eaten through the week.