Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Log of Fatty McButterPants

Daisy_Girl said:
NOPE. Not one tiny little bit.

That is what you get for training for a competition! Suck it up and put on your big girl panties. ;)

Maybe my lunch I added was more "sassy approved". ;)

Big girl Panties lolololol

superqt4u2nv said:
DG why do you hate training back? That is hands down my favorite body part to train.

I have ALWAYS had a hard time "feeling it" in my back. No matter what exercise I do, how I tweak it, it always seems that my arms get more of a workout than my back. It has ALWAYS been this way. I really think I was born without lats. Seriously. Plus, I have a HARD time growing and getting definition in my back. I would hire a trainer JUST to train my back - that is, if I trusted "trainers". Most don't know their head from their ass, lol. (Yes, I used to be a trainer)

The ONLY exercise I really feel is the Cable Row. Think I am going to try the HS plate loaded equip next week - I have liked those in the past.

Friday, December 15th

Shocker here, I did not get up for AM cardio. I did think about it, but was too tired. Staying home with Baby Daisy is more exhausting than working. Seriously. A MOBILE child means I don't get to sit for more than 30 seconds at a time. This child wants to climb the stairs, play in the oven, etc etc ..... :worried:

I did get a workout in - but not cardio. Am planning on a long walk later, and possible going to the gym at night.

8:00am
30min Yoga - Core/Flexability

8:40am
1 piece white bread, toasted
4 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg
Coffee w. tablespoon skim milk and splenda

11:15am
Nitro-Tech Vanilla RTD - was running errands, and knew I would get hungry when out, so I grabbed this to "pre-empt" any serious hunger cravings. It worked.

1:15pm
Salad I made from Whole Foods
Red Leaf Lettuce, chickpeas, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, celery, brocolli, carrots, hardboiled egg whites, balsalmic vinegrette
YUM - not as high protein as I wanted, but was not really in the mood for meat, lol. Plus, I got 45g protein from that shake earlier. :)

2:30pm
45min walk pushing stroller and my load of a child

4:20pm - was pretty hungry, finally!
1/2c Yoplait Light Vanilla Yogurt
1/2c Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax

7:30pm
4oz Lean Eye of Round
2 artichokes, steamed (I love these things)
1 teaspoon light butter
1 lemon (juice only)
1/3c mac and cheese

9:30PM
1tbsp Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1693
grams cals %total
Fat: 58 524 33%
Sat: 15 138 9%
Poly: 16 146 9%
Mono: 14 127 8%
Carbs: 154 486 30%
Fiber: 33 0 0%
Protein: 147 588 37%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

*Fat a little high today - my salad at lunch was the main cause of that. :) But this is pretty close to the ratio I am aiming for.

Last edited:
Daisy_Girl said:
I have ALWAYS had a hard time "feeling it" in my back. No matter what exercise I do, how I tweak it, it always seems that my arms get more of a workout than my back. It has ALWAYS been this way. I really think I was born without lats. Seriously. Plus, I have a HARD time growing and getting definition in my back. I would hire a trainer JUST to train my back - that is, if I trusted "trainers". Most don't know their head from their ass, lol. (Yes, I used to be a trainer)

The ONLY exercise I really feel is the Cable Row. Think I am going to try the HS plate loaded equip next week - I have liked those in the past.
Start with rack chins and work our way up to body weight chins your lats will grow! Also I recall reading some where a while back that you don't dead lift is this still so? :p

superqt4u2nv said:
Start with rack chins and work our way up to body weight chins your lats will grow! Also I recall reading some where a while back that you don't dead lift is this still so? :p

No deadlifts - might have to incorporate them once I get some level of musculature back. lol

Have done chins - assisted and unassisted - never seemed to help much. Maybe I just don't give it enough time, I don't know. Even when I was taking AAS, I couldn't really get my back to grow. I started getting more definition in it, but not a lot of growth - esp lat area. I can get my traps (upper and lower) to get a little thickness.

I am sure a lot has to do with the fact that I HATE training back - so I don't give it a lot of time before I get frustrated with it - ya know?

** Side note - I am not really hungry today. I wasn't even hungry at breakfast - made myself eat it. It is almost time to eat again, and I feel like I could skip the meal. Weird. I have been downing some water today though - maybe that is it.

Daisy_Girl said:
No deadlifts - might have to incorporate them once I get some level of musculature back. lol

Have done chins - assisted and unassisted - never seemed to help much. Maybe I just don't give it enough time, I don't know. Even when I was taking AAS, I couldn't really get my back to grow. I started getting more definition in it, but not a lot of growth - esp lat area. I can get my traps (upper and lower) to get a little thickness.

I am sure a lot has to do with the fact that I HATE training back - so I don't give it a lot of time before I get frustrated with it - ya know?
Stick with chins they will make your back grow keep a wide grip and stretch those lats out. Also deads are going to make your back grow too especialy I find rack deads help since I am not lifting from the floor it really hits the lower back that much more as I can't use my legs as much. Also one arm DB rows great for lats. My lats were weak too when I first started. I would say next to legs my back is my strongest body part. I never done an exercise for traps specificaly in my life there just grew from deads and other compounds.

What does your back day look like? I think heavy deads in the 5 rep range and heavy GP Rows also in a lower ep range would help a lot. Lat pull dows, seated stuff, even chins don;t make me grow- but deads and rows do.

Guys - also keep in mind that I am coming back from taking A LOT of time off to have a baby .... I will incorporate a lot of heavy compound work at low reps AS SOON as I get some strength and basic core strength back.

Doing heavy deads are not the best idea right now, given my lack of core strength and basic overall body strength.

Give me about 3 months.

I am not focusing on adding muscle right now. The focus is to get back to a reasonable bodyweight and fitness level. I will "tweak" once I get there.

*edit* Also, I know that WHATEVER I lift at the gym right now will add muscle, lol. Fine tuning comes later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom