Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Log of Fatty McButterPants

The_Future said:
Have they tested your thyroid with an ultrasound just to see if everything looks ok? That must be frustrated goiong from hypo to hyper.

Yup. Thyroid U/S was totally normal.

I was hypo before pregnancy. Then, once I got pregnant, the dose that normalized my TSH levels were too high - made me slightly hyper, so we scaled it back. THEN, after pregnancy, my thyroid was normal.

Pregnancy does WEIRD things to hormones levels.

Daisy_Girl said:

I was hypo before pregnancy. Then, once I got pregnant, the dose that normalized my TSH levels were too high - made me slightly hyper, so we scaled it back. THEN, after pregnancy, my thyroid was normal.

I am never getting pregnant.
:qt:

Daisy_Girl said:

On that note, as far as metabolisms and pregnancy. A pregnant woman's metabolism slows way down for the baby, correct? So post-partum, it could take weeks if not months for you metabolism to come back up to speed correct? Not to mention the screwy hormonal levels that also control the body. I'm trying to comfort my wife and tell her that she is only 4 weeks PP and can't expect to be able to diet and have the same results she would in a pre-pregnancy state.

beastboy said:
On that note, as far as metabolisms and pregnancy. A pregnant woman's metabolism slows way down for the baby, correct? So post-partum, it could take weeks if not months for you metabolism to come back up to speed correct? Not to mention the screwy hormonal levels that also control the body. I'm trying to comfort my wife and tell her that she is only 4 weeks PP and can't expect to be able to diet and have the same results she would in a pre-pregnancy state.

Oh God yes.

My Internist said that it can TWO YEARS for some women to recover totally from pregnancy. Especially if she is breastfeeding - hormones stay "off" because of this.

Top Bottom