Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Log of Fatty McButterPants

I think calories determined by grams or ounces would be the most accurate for solid food items. I mean, half a cup of cooked white rice is ~100 calories, but does that mean that every kernel is arranged perfectly in the cup so that there is no space between kernels? A person could fit a lot of rice into half a cup if s/he packed and packed and packed it in there. On the other hand, 28 grams of rice is and always will be x amount of rice regardless of how the kernels are arranged.

Daisy_Girl said:
Yah, I knew oz was usually fluid ..... but I have no idea how that equates for solids. It is awful confusing.

Like - why is meat in oz then? Ya know?
Well, oz is a unit of weight and cup is a unit of volume, so it doesn't really equate for solids. It would depend on the density of the substance (mass/volume). E.g. 1/2 a cup of rocks does not equal 4 oz. That's also why meat is in oz because you buy by weight and not by how much space it takes up. All that said, it's not a bad measure of comparison to go by for veggies and such though.

Last edited:
Tuesday, December 19th

8:30am
4 Egg Whites
1 WHole Egg
1c CoW, cinnamon and Splenda (made with 1/4c Skim Milk, 1/2c water
1tbsp Ground Flaxseed

12:30pm
15oz Nitro-Tech Vanilla RTD

2:00pm
45min Core/Flexability Training

3:30pm
1/2c Yoplait Light Vanilla Yogurt
1/2c Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax

4:00pm
15min walk with Baby Daisy in stroller - holy :cow: it is cold out!!!!!!

7:00pm
1/2c Mixed Veggie Stir Fry
4oz Chicken Breast
~2tbsp Soy Sauce

7:45pm Weights - Ch/Sh/Tri
Had to do some impromptu switching of exercises, a machine I wanted was actually in use (never happens!) by some twit "working out" with her BF.

HS PL Ch Prs
HS PL Sh Prs
LF Selectorized Ch Fly
BB Upright Row
BB Skullcrushers
DB Lat Raise
Cable Tric Pushdown
*Most were 3 sets, 8-12 reps
*Good WO - my UB is shaking, really pushed it

9:00pm
1 Scoop Nitro-Tech Strawberry-Banana Protein Powder (made w water)
2 pieces chocolate (yum)

**Been a weird day, not hungry for most of it, then all of a sudden, I will get STARVING out of nowhere. Whatever. Calories are a bit low today.

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1280
grams cals %total
Fat: 28 248 21%
Sat: 13 113 9%
Poly: 4 40 3%
Mono: 7 65 5%
Carbs: 110 386 32%
Fiber: 13 0 0%
Protein: 141 566 47%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Last edited:
Roonytunes said:
Well, oz is a unit of weight and cup is a unit of volume, so it doesn't really equate for solids. It would depend on the density of the substance (mass/volume). E.g. 1/2 a cup of rocks does not equal 4 oz. That's also why meat is in oz because you buy by weight and not by how much space it takes up. All that said, it's not a bad measure of comparison to go by for veggies and such though.

I always weigh everything in oz. 4 oz potato is about the size of your palm. maybe a tad smaller. if I used a cup measure it would be different every time!! 4 oz = 4 oz every time. could you imagine me trying to squish as many potatoes as i could into a cup measure to equal .5 cups??? LOL!!! Just sayin!

cindylou said:
I always weigh everything in oz. 4 oz potato is about the size of your palm. maybe a tad smaller. if I used a cup measure it would be different every time!! 4 oz = 4 oz every time. could you imagine me trying to squish as many potatoes as i could into a cup measure to equal .5 cups??? LOL!!! Just sayin!

That is what I think! I like oz better. :)

Daisy_Girl said:
That is what I think! I like oz better. :)

Me too, I used to try and measure my sweetpotato as 1/2 a cup, but I know I was probably eating more lol. Now I just put everything on my little scale, I can't fool myself that way, just give myslef a :( when I see the size of my food :lmao:

Miss24k said:
Me too, I used to try and measure my sweetpotato as 1/2 a cup, but I know I was probably eating more lol. Now I just put everything on my little scale, I can't fool myself that way, just give myslef a :( when I see the size of my food :lmao:

So true. It is amazing when you actually SEE 1/2c or 4oz ... whatever ... it is such a small amount. Makes you realize HOW BIG most people's portions are really!

Wednesday, December 20th

*Chest sore from last night .... UB still feeling it! Love it ....
*Weight has not changed since Saturday, but my sodium intake is pretty high, I don't restrict that. I bet if I cut salt down for a couple days, I would drop a couple lbs. Not gonna do it though, I love salt. :)

7:45am
4 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg
1 piece White Bread (toasted, plain)

11:30am
Cardio - Precor EFX (at home) - 40min total
*Same WO as Monday 12/18. Monday was a slightly better WO - prob because I had a lot of carbs in my body from the weekend. But still got a great workout.
*Chest quite sore from last night. Feels soooooo good ......
*Stretched after WO

12:30pm
4oz Chicken Breast
4oz Mixed Stir Fry Veggies
1tbsp Soy Sauce (I could drink this stuff, seriously)
Diet Pepsi

3:00pm
25min walk with Baby Daisy in stroller

4:00pm
1/2c Yoplait Light Vanilla Yogurt
1/2c Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax

5:30pm
1oz Almonds, raw (about 22)

7:30pm
4oz Chicken Breast, grilled
1.5c Zuchinni, Yellow Peppers, Red Peppers (grilled)
1tbs Italian Dressing (on veggies)
1tbsp Sundried Tomato Dressing (on chicken)
1tbsp Parmesian Cheese (on veggies)

9:00pm
1tbsp Dark Chocolate PB
1 Granny Smith apple

*Damn, calories a bit low again today. I was off on meal times this morning - was working for my friend - but thought I had made up for it. Huh. Wasn't really hungry at all today - didn't feel like I under-ate. Oh well. :Chef:

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1251
grams cals %total
Fat: 45 406 34%
Sat: 8 73 6%
Poly: 7 63 5%
Mono: 16 142 12%
Carbs: 104 347 29%
Fiber: 18 0 0%
Protein:114 456 38%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Last edited:
Daisy_Girl said:

1 piece White Bread (toasted, plain)

Have you thought abt switching over to Ezekiel bread? You mentioned a trip to Whole Foods - they carry all the various Ezekiel bread products. It's low GI and flourless, and actually tastes pretty good and hearty too.

Roonytunes said:
Have you thought abt switching over to Ezekiel bread? You mentioned a trip to Whole Foods - they carry all the various Ezekiel bread products. It's low GI and flourless, and actually tastes pretty good and hearty too.

Not a huge fan of it - I tried it in the past. But they may have new kinds I have not tried. Might look into it soon.

But also, the goal right now is to START eating clean/better - eating clean 90% of the time. As long as I am getting results (physically, mentally and medically) then I am happy. Once things slow down, I will make adjustments. Things like the white bread, white rice would be the first to go.

Top Bottom