Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Locker Room Drama

azurelumen

You wouldn't believe what happened to me last night. I was in the locker room changing into my running things after the weight room and these two women started whispering crap about me. Uh hello? I could totally hear them. They were saying that they saw me in the weight room and saw how much I was lifting and thought it was gross. They said some kind of crap about what am I, a man wanna be? I was flabbergasted. I mean, what is this...Junior High!? If you want to say something say it to my face. (And if it's stupid, be prepaid to be told so.) So I turned around and put my hands on my hips and right when I opened my mouth to let them have it...my national level body builder friend walked in. She is probably the biggest most awesomely muscular woman I have ever known in my life. The type you only see on TV, you know? And she interupted unknowingly, all cheery as usual. The two women turned purple, suddenly not interested in being catty and turned back to their lockers. My poor friend was like..."What did I say?" I dropped it. Whatever. LOL. I told her later what had just happened and we laughed about the timing. It couldn't have been more perfect. I've privately nicknamed them the Twinkies, partly for the bleach blond hair, partly for the sickly sweet smell they give off, and partly because with the pink girly weights they play around with I'm sure thier insides are creme filled and full of perservatives. Heh.

That's why I like to go to the gym at the crack of dawn. I'm the only female in the weightroom at that time. No catty behavior at that time of the day. The females that are on the cardio machines, don't have time for it either. I find the environment at my gym changes in the evening. It becomes a fashion show and high school.

At 5:30 am, it's just me and boys (They now have some respect for me, they say good morning, and help me when I have to remove heavy plates from the barbells because someone didn't restack the night before).

azurelumen said:
Twinkies, partly for the bleach blond hair, partly for the sickly sweet smell they give off, and partly because with the pink girly weights they play around with I'm sure thier insides are creme filled and full of perservatives. Heh.
Oh...my...god Twinkies, how appropriate :) Good for you

:rose:

nycgirl said:
That's why I like to go to the gym at the crack of dawn. I'm the only female in the weightroom at that time. No catty behavior at that time of the day. The females that are on the cardio machines, don't have time for it either. I find the environment at my gym changes in the evening. It becomes a fashion show and high school.

At 5:30 am, it's just me and boys (They now have some respect for me, they say good morning, and help me when I have to remove heavy plates from the barbells because someone didn't restack the night before).

I'd never expereinced anything like this here before, it's not the pick-up joint as far as healthclubs go...it's acutally more professional athlete and family oriented. Late evening it's mostly serious people, or people in yoga. I think the the twinkies are yogateers. I've never actually gone in the AM. I should check that out!

That story is friggin hilarious........Some people are so stupid, u don't know whether to hit em, or give them a book to read. PURE JEALOUSY, I SAY!!!

Great story!!! Ahhhhhhhh, jealously rearing its ugly head in the women's locker room!!

LOVE the Twinkies names!! AWESOME!!

Isn't it amazing how stupid people are? They constantly amaze me with their stupidity!

How narrow minded that they think THEIR opinion is the end all be all - and that everyone else should have goals like their. Who gives a flying fuck if you are too big for their tastes - are aren't trying to impress them! What idiots!

One reason I opted for a 2nd gym membership where there's some "gym ambiance", or as Ulter says, "character". Almost everyone in there is working towards some hard core goal. Tonite there were 3 figure competitors training in addition to the usual crowd. Even those tossing around the pink weights, including me, dying doing lateral raises for an 8 count w/ the little blue weights (8 lbs). No cattiness here - all muscle vibe! And A LOT of sweat.

Top Bottom