Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting for older women

triptox8

Hello, all!

I'm curious about the effects of weight training for older women. I have heard from various sources that weight loss becomes more difficult as you age, but does the same hold true for strength training? I just turned 41 last month and am starting a weight training program next week, and what I'm wondering is if I will have to work harder than other participants to achieve the same results?

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a pleasant day!

My gf started lifting seriously when she was 48, and really liked it. Within a year and half of power lifting training, she was the strongest girl in the gym, and stronger than a good amount of the males to be honest. Muscle gain should still be very attainable at your age, but indeed with age fat loss does take more work and discipline than when you were younger for various biological reasons.

Hello, all!

I'm curious about the effects of weight training for older women. I have heard from various sources that weight loss becomes more difficult as you age, but does the same hold true for strength training? I just turned 41 last month and am starting a weight training program next week, and what I'm wondering is if I will have to work harder than other participants to achieve the same results?

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a pleasant day!

While you wont improve etc as much as a younger person you WILL improve. Go get it!

if you have never weight trained before and you are 41 then yes you will be behind MOST people who have been weight training since they were say in high school or college. that is due to muscle memory and body memory

there are exceptions though. my best advice is don't compare yourself to others, just go do your own thing.. the nice thing about this game is that it is personal and not a team sport

Top Bottom