Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lies in the gym

I've heard many of these so many times, and they're soooo silly, but some are just flat out not funny, I' hate it when using a machine at the gym and taking turns with someone and they put like no weigh for me, I do enjoy when they do it and I put it back to his weight or more and do it without a problem... that face/grin is priceless :)

I've heard many of these so many times, and they're soooo silly, but some are just flat out not funny, I' hate it when using a machine at the gym and taking turns with someone and they put like no weigh for me, I do enjoy when they do it and I put it back to his weight or more and do it without a problem... that face/grin is priceless :)

Nice

Girl, you pop that hot a@# at them and flash your six pack and they'll think differently about you lifting ;-)

I'm cutting bodyfat like a mad women now and yesterday a guy that is often at the gym when I am came up to me and slapped me in the stomach and said "I love those abs." LOL - did he really think he had a right to touch me? It is kinda of like when you are pregnant. Everyone thinks they have a right to touch your belly, and that it is ok.

And I have to tell this too....a few days ago I met a lady in my gym that was a 3rd place world champion power lifter when she was 41 (6 years ago). She competed in Russia. I've seen her in there leg pressing four full racks of weight like it is nothing. She is a beast and looks amazing. Although I bet non of the guys in the gym would ever slap her abs. I want to be a beast ;-)

Nice thread. I was the typical aerobics girl of the 90's. I would do stepbox for an hour and then finish with 30 minutes on the treadmill. My diet was celery. Then I would binge for a week or two and then make myself throw up. My weight would go from as high as 140 to as low as 112 and back within months. Wanted to look like a runway model. Then my husband found out I was throwing up on purpose and put it to me. With his support I started eating healthy and lifting weights. My weight has been around 125 since (except for being pregnant). Now I love lifting weights. Body measurements and amount lifted are more important than the scale and hip size. I feel better, look better, have more energy and am more motivated. Unfortunately most women still feel the pressure to be the runway model. The more info us ladies can get about proper nutrition and lifting the better.

I mostly get compliments in the gym, but occassionaly a man will ask if I'm on steroids. My thought is if a woman is stronger than a man that is not her problem, but his problem. Of course I never say this, I just laugh and say no. I'm really not that strong (200lb squat, 120lb bench) its just some people are weak. I do encourage whoever I can.

That's why I love this site. I'm not an overly active member on this site, but I love the advice and input from other members. They have knowledge, are very encouraging, and don't make you feel like an idiot. (Though maybe I need to stay off the religious blogs for awhile).

Rebecca D

Nice thread. I was the typical aerobics girl of the 90's. I would do stepbox for an hour and then finish with 30 minutes on the treadmill. My diet was celery. Then I would binge for a week or two and then make myself throw up. My weight would go from as high as 140 to as low as 112 and back within months. Wanted to look like a runway model. Then my husband found out I was throwing up on purpose and put it to me. With his support I started eating healthy and lifting weights. My weight has been around 125 since (except for being pregnant). Now I love lifting weights. Body measurements and amount lifted are more important than the scale and hip size. I feel better, look better, have more energy and am more motivated. Unfortunately most women still feel the pressure to be the runway model. The more info us ladies can get about proper nutrition and lifting the better.

I mostly get compliments in the gym, but occassionaly a man will ask if I'm on steroids. My thought is if a woman is stronger than a man that is not her problem, but his problem. Of course I never say this, I just laugh and say no. I'm really not that strong (200lb squat, 120lb bench) its just some people are weak. I do encourage whoever I can.

That's why I love this site. I'm not an overly active member on this site, but I love the advice and input from other members. They have knowledge, are very encouraging, and don't make you feel like an idiot. (Though maybe I need to stay off the religious blogs for awhile).

Rebecca D

Its good to see when a woman finely hits the gym and lifts some heavy ass weights.

Do you know what...I'm gonna print this out and get my BF to read it...he is paranoid that I am gonna turn out huge with a big jaw etc etc etc.

He found the book I'm reading at the moment - Ripped 2 and now he is even more convinced that I'm gonna end up that way - Duh!

He doesnt like muscles on women...well tough coz thats where I'm heading ripped central!! LOL Bring it on!

This at least makes me feel it's not just me that gets this 'special' treatment.
I do get stared at a lot and the guys all feel the need to come over and squeeze my quads! I just half grin and then utter some obscenity - they don't understand as they're Spanish! But also becasue you are a female in a male dominant gym, I sometimes feel I have a sign on my back saying 'free to be perved over'....funny noone speaks when my other half comes to help with the weights!

I do have a laugh back sometimes when I have finished with the squat rack for example there are guys that try to go and 'match' or 'better' the weights I have just been lifting.....and struggle!

I do a lot of 'sport specific' work in the gym that would not be found in any text book and definitely not in a fitness magazine, but I wish I could just be left to get on with it without people staring because I have dared to break the mould.

This at least makes me feel it's not just me that gets this 'special' treatment.
I do get stared at a lot and the guys all feel the need to come over and squeeze my quads! I just half grin and then utter some obscenity - they don't understand as they're Spanish! But also becasue you are a female in a male dominant gym, I sometimes feel I have a sign on my back saying 'free to be perved over'....funny noone speaks when my other half comes to help with the weights!

I do have a laugh back sometimes when I have finished with the squat rack for example there are guys that try to go and 'match' or 'better' the weights I have just been lifting.....and struggle!

I do a lot of 'sport specific' work in the gym that would not be found in any text book and definitely not in a fitness magazine, but I wish I could just be left to get on with it without people staring because I have dared to break the mould.
Thats awesome. What do you do for sports?

This happened to me yesterday at the gym, my boyfriend and co-worker were doing a certain excersize with their arms and they had 2x 10 pounds on it, these dudes do some heavy lifting on all arm-type excersize so I was like WTF when I saw them, so I approached them and asked why just 2, they said that excersize was really hard and 2 is actually a lot and bla bla bla.... I was about to leave when one of them told me "how bout you try it" so I went, they showed me how to position myself properly and whn I started lifting I did it super easy, in like seconds.... then I just left.... couple minutes later when I walked by the were using another 10 pounds and sweating it :lmao: I didn't mean to suggest they sucked... but they dared me.... they started it... and they did suck :) haha

Top Bottom