Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg cramps interfering with sleep!

wavywoman

For a while now, I wake up every once in a while with major leg cramps or with one of my quads/hamstrings tingly, painful, and numb (I know it makes no sense-- numb to the touch and painful at the same time-- I guess it's sort of like frostbite). For the last two nights, my sleep has been REALLY erratic-- I've had to wake up several times, get up and walk, just to get rid of the bloodless painful feeling in my left quad/hamstring muscles! OK, so maybe this is nothing to some of you guys, but it's making me nervous-- it almost feels as if there's no blood flowing to those muscles when I'm lying down! I've been doing hack squats, squats, leg presses, etc., I just started doing hack squats a few weeks ago. THanks for any help...

what is in your diet.... maybe try to get some more potassium or sodium (i think those are cramp relievers)

also are you on the pill? may need to change your prescription if so...

muscle spasms can happen after a workout, but i'd be tempted to look in these areas first.. the workout may just be a coincidence... exercise usually makes you feel your muscles a little more, not less :)

wow, thanks for quick replies...

Well, I did just start ortho tri cyclin three days ago, but this problem has been around for a while... it's just been really bad the last two days. I figured since I generally eat fortified cereal/fruit/veggies, that I'd be getting potassium and magnesium (am I wrong?). I definitely get more than 1000mg calcium per day. It only generally happens at night, when I assume my blood isn't pumping down there as well due to gravity...Oh well... What exactly is MSM...?

Try the potassium or calc/magnesium thing. I experienced PAINFUL cramps in my feet & legs while training for my 1st comp -- when the diet was really depleted and doing shit loads of cardio, they would hit and be crippling.

they've improved

I was able to sleep last night and the night before with minimal cramping... I a) got a vitamin supplement and b) didn't do any leg work. I dunno, I recall that I really trained my legs hard on Tuesday morning, because I had some extra energy for no apparent reason.. I didn't feel soreness during the day, but maybe my muscles freaked out once I hit the mattress... very strange... Thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom