Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lean cuisine/or others

Lean Cuisine chicken doesn't taste, feel or smell anything like chicken. I think freezing real chicken is probably safer. You can always try it once. I do a mix of that and just cooking as I go, I actually like to cook sometimes and if I'm doing a stir fry I'd rather start with small raw pieces than cut up already cooked.

Yes, the flavor/texture of frozen food isn't as good as fresh, but it's convenient, it's not loaded with presevatives, and the nutrients are still there. When I ate Lean Cuisine and the like, it seemed like 10 minutes later I was starving again! When you're only freezing for a few days, it doesn't get that yucky freezer taste. I tend to be on the lazy side as far as cooking and dishes, so if there's a "clean" meal ready and waiting for me, there's little chance I'll pass that up for something bad.

Plus, you can be anal like me and wrap the cooked meat well in aluminum foil, then put the wrapped meat in ziplocs and freeze it that way. Supposedly wedding cake tops will last 1yr plus under these conditions, so a few days worth of chicken shouldn't be a problem. I personally think it tastes as fresh as when I froze it.

Top Bottom