Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lasix not working?

evilqueen

Maybe I'm being too impatient, but my doctor gave me a prescription for Lasix this afternoon. I took one 40-milligram tablet, as directed, at 1:45. It's now 4:25, and I've barely peed at all.

What's the deal? I thought this was the strongest diuretic you could get! I KNOW I'm retaining water--I'm far too bloated and miserable for it to be fat.

Isn't Lasix supposed to work in, like, an hour? Does this mean it's not going to work for me? Any insight is much appreciated.

hey.sometimes it does take a little longer then others for your body to release the water....The times I have taken it it has been within 20minutes and I have to RUNNNNNNNN to the girly's room.....give it a little bit more time, if nothing split one and take half.........whatever you do don't go without staying hydrated......you'll have major muscle cramps!......

Careful with the ECA and lasix. Caffeine has diuretic effects and taking a script diuretic along with it can lead to severe dehydration. Are you drinking enough H2O? Be sure to keep yourself WELL hydrated.

Lasix

EQ, watch the lasix. It's ok in my view, but has to be watched closely. Did your doc give you potassium chl? If not, make sure you eat a banana or an 8oz glass of OJ. It will create havoc on your system.

As far as when it works, how much h2o have you drank today? Drink your water, eat your banana. Oh yeah, watch out for the charlie horse in the middle of the night, LOL!!!

Seriously, watch it. Potassium, potassium, potassium...

You don't want too much potassium, it's a delicate balance, too much/too little potassium on one side of the muscle can cause the muscle to spasm, the problem comes when your heart is that muscle, it's a quick death though, be careful :) I wouldn't regulate my potassium with banana's while on lasix also :)

forgive me. i'm stupid. but i thought the point of taking lasix was that you were going to get the extra fluid out of you. i ALWAYS drink a huge amount of water, and it hasn't helped. so why do i need to drink water when i'm taking a diruetic?

i'm sorry...i am so bloated and miserable, and i thought this would help. i feel lousy.

I dont know the specifics on why more H2O helps with reducing retention but I do know that increasing your water intake increases the outflow. Maybe has something to do with stimulating the kidneys and bladder? Experts, please help here!

BTW, how much H2O is a huge amount? one gallon, two? And what about your sodium intake? You probably have several things to consider before questioning whether or not the Lasix is working.

Top Bottom