Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lasix not working?

EQ - just so I am sure of who I am talking to...you are coming off of depoprovera, correct??? What method of BC did you switch to? If so, it took me a long time to return to anything that resembled normal after just one injection of that stuff. Perhaps you would do better to just stop all supps or attempt at fat loss for a bit and let your body return to normal. Drink as much water as you can hold, do some moderate cardio daily and some weight training and make sure the cals you are eating are extremely clean. Basically don't put any more stress on your system until it gets over the obvious shock of the depo and going off of it.
Anyone else have any thoughts on this????

You are really causing your own misery....when on this you should drink WATER.....it will work..IF YOU DRINK WATER.....if you dont..IT WONT WORK! It is very simple really. Also did you ever think u maybe gained lean mass...or holding more water this week than last week...weighing yourself weekly is really DUMB....weight means NOTHING...its your BF%...nothing else matters....who cares how much you fuckin weigh...you are to involved with the number issue....get a grip and relax.

I know it is kinda late to reply but I have to agree with New@. I was an absolute slave to the scale for the longest time. Now I weigh more than I have in the longest time but I look better than I have in a long time. And now finallly my work clothes are starting to fit correctly! Mind you, I HAVE dropped a couple of lbs. of H2O, but my weight has remained the same! Go figure!?

Gee...do you think maybe I should drink some WATER?

I think you guys think I'm not drinking it, figuring that I will get rid of "water weight" by dehydrating myself. I am absolutely not that stupid. I was actually scared to take the one Lasix I did take (haven't taken anymore--I think the doc was wrong to give me this one, at least w/all the exercise I do he could have given me a potassium-sparing one), and I drank a gallon of water yesterday. I would have drunk more, but we went to a baseball gam elast night and didn't want to be in and out of the loo.

So, anyway, I plan to drink 2 gallons of water today.

Temple: Yes, I am the woman who is coming off Depo. I'm just using contraceptive gel now--I will NEVER put another bc hormone into my body EVER. I know I have to be patient, but I am horrified by what my body has become. It looks nothing like it used to. It is scary and distressing, and if what I'm going through ever happened to any of you, you bet you would be just as distressed as I am. Sorry if I seem whiny and panicked, but I am. And I suspect that many of you would be, as well.

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130119

EQ - have you discussed the advice given in the above thread with your doc??? If he/she isn't open to any of that I would immediately look for a different doc.

It looks to me like you have several things going on with you that may not be optimal.
90 min of exercise on 1500 cals isn't doing you any favors.
You are 39 and I can tell you that when you hit this age things just ain't as easy as they used to be.

All of us on here have gone thru periods when our bodies did not look the way that we wanted them to but as a general rule we knew that was a price we were going to pay in order to get to where we wanted to go. Right now I am retaining a few pounds of water as anavar does that to me. I don't like it but it is a side that I am willing to put up with. I really believe that if you just accept that this is something that you will have to go thru until the depo is completely out of your system and work on nutrition, solid training and a bit less cardio you will be ahead in the long run.

Yes, I'm going for blood work tomorrow--having estradiol, progesterone, prolactin and some thyroid hormones tested, as well as CBC and some other stuff.

And I know you're right--I'm older now, and I knew I wasn't going to be 118 pounds forever--it just seems too coincidental that within 7 days of going off Depo, this happened.

Anyway--thanks for talking me off the ceiling. I know that EVENTUALLY, things will even out. It's just hard to deal when your pants don't fit and your cups runneth over. :)

Glad to hear you are going in for the tests - please post the results if you can.
Although it becomes harder with age it isn't impossible but I do believe that as we get older the amount of lean mass that we carry becomes even more important if we want to keep the fat monster away. There is no doubt that much of what you are experiencing is the depo but I think it is made worse by your age.

In the mean time go buy yourself some bigger pants and bras - I have several different sizes of everything in my closet. The water isn't nearly as miserable when there isn't something binding and pinching on it LOL.

Results of hormone tests

Hi all,

First, I'm hoping these Depo posts aren't turning anyone off. I keep posting about it because 1) I know some of you are extremely knowledgable about the workings of the female bod and 2) I'm hoping that these posts may help other women BB in some way.

So yell if you've heard enough about Depo. I really like this board--all of you are extrmely generous with your time--and I don't want to be taking advantage of your good natures.

However, a few of you had seemed interested in how my hormone tests turned out. Short answer: normal, according to the doctor. Estradiol was 37 pg/ml, FSH 3.5 miu/ml, LH 1.1 miu/ml, progesterone 2 ng/ml, prolactin 5 ng/ml.

For anyone in a position to know such things (wilson6? babydoc?) do these numbers seem normal for a 39 year old, post-Depo?

Looks like early follicular phase numbers to me. Was the progesterone 2 ng/dl or 2 ng/ml? 2 ng/ml seems a little high for early FP.

W6

Top Bottom