Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lasix not working?

I'm probably drinking about 3/4 or 1 gallon a day--however, not today, specifically. but i've been aware that you need to drink water to get rid of water, so i've been good about it. also was using dandelion--not today, because of the diuretic--and that didn't help either.

by "help," i mean loss of water weight AND emotional relief. i thought i was going to piss like a racehorse today--no relief in sight!

as for sodium: i had a really bad day today, so maybe more sodium than usual. but it's not like i eat tons and tons of processed food--no big macs and fries. i hardly ever eat processed food!

it's this fucking depo coming out of my system. what else could it be? anyone have any ideas? would it have anything to do with estrogen or progesterone?

do you think after i take the second pill tomorrow it might kick in?

To be honest, most people in the know don't take diuretics anymore, that went out a long time ago, They are very dangerous, more dangerous in my opionion than any anabolic. Be safe, screw the diuretic and up your water intake to 2 gallons a day, if you are really drinking 1 gallon a day. Just my 2 cents :)

i'm not taking Lasix to get ripped for a contest--i went off Depo-Provera a month ago and i am slowly fillling with water...i never ever retained water before i took this drug.

i took it because i was desperate for relief, for no other reason.

i just drank a 64-ounce glass of water and i don't need to pee at all. it figures. i knew I was perverse; i didn't know my kidneys were. :)

I know my mother takes it on occasion because she has hypertension and it helps relieve edema. As for why EQ is retaining water after discontinuing Depo-Provera, I am at a loss. I did not know that is why the Lasix was prescribed in the first place. Maybe there is some hormonal imbalance here that could be treated differently.

Also, IMO the water intake needs to be increased. I normally drink 1 to 1.5 gallons of water per day and now I am drinking no less than 2 gallons per day, just to drop my water bloat.

BTW, Spatts I believe the answer is TRUE.

I'm not avoiding water at all. I know it's important. I'm just saying, damn, what's with me that I'm not releasing this water? I can't believe that my suffering like this actually has a purpose.

BTW: I also wondered why my doc didn't give me a potassium-sparing diuretic. when i asked him about lasix's contraindications, i was met with bland assurances that everything would be okay--and when i asked the pharmacist, he, too, said i would be okay. I was willing to give it a shot for a day or so, but now that the shit isn't working, it just doesn't seem that the risk is worthwhile.

Update, 1:30 a.m., Saturday:

I don't feel good about taking this stuff--doesn't seem to be doing much good--and my appetite was out of control. Binged bigtime today. Had a severe headache before i went to bed, and i NEVER get headaches. Am discontinuing Lasix but will take my stack on Saturday.

I only took one 40-mg dose of Lasix in the early afternoon on Friday. Will it be okay to take one Xenadrine Saturday in the mid-am?

its because u r not drinking ENOUGH water...drink 2 gallons and then see if u have to use the restroom...u rbinging and not consuming tons of water...hmmmm think about it.

Then what is the point of using the Lasix? None, I guess. Point taken.

By the way: After taking a 40-mg tablet, I'm ONE POUND MORE than I was yesteray--123.

I was 118-120 a month ago. I AM NOT DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY. I count my calories on Fitday; I exercise 4-5 times a week, cardio and weights. I feel like I'm being punished.

I've lost all control of my body. To someone who's always been "thin," this is one of the worst things I have ever been through. I can't fucking stand it. My overweight BF eats whatever he wants during the week and LOSES a pound; I eat 1500-1600 calories a day, exercise my ass off, and GAIN A FUCKING POUND, even on a FUCKING DIRUETIC.

If this doesn't change soon, I'm going to have a breakdown.

EQ, the purpose of taking a diuretic is to help your body to release the water. It is just an aid not the miracle. You have to drink MORE water. If you dont, the Lasix will cause you to become dehydrated and your body will hold on to all of the fluids that is put into it.

If you are having other side effects from the Lasix, definitely discontinue use. And drink more water. Like what has been suggested already, you may have a different problem causing the H2O retention and you should probably return to your doc to find out.

Hope you get to feeling better:)

Top Bottom