Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ladies help, I think my girlfriend has an eating disorder!

Slither,

Smart move! Oxygen is a GREAT magazine. When I first started working out and needed some inspiration, looking at Oxygen was a great motivator, because I saw how GOOD a strong body looked. And seeing that these girls ate real food and LOTS more than I'd ever eaten, this was good education for me and started me on the road to improving my diet. A lot of times they'll even post height/weight stats on the girls in the magazine. For someone fixated with a certain scale weight, it's good to see in pictures that a fit body really does weigh more but looks a whole lot better.

It is true that people with eating disorders will deny they have a problem or be resistant to treatment, so you do have to tread carefully. But since she did talk to you about her eating, and wanting to tone up, she HAS opened the door a little for you, and that's a good sign. Good luck!

Slither, I live near you. If your girlfriend used to dance, she may enjoy coming to belly-dance class.

Particular reasons why I recommend this:

1) My dance instructor also happens to be a certified personal trainer (with several different certifications) who at one time used to have an eating disorder and CAN RELATE AND HELP if that is what your girlfriend is dealing with!! Just to make sure I'm being real clear: She is a bodybuilder, NOT an aerobics instructor.

2) I am always in class too, so my dance instructor and I will both be able to provide a good example and help reinforce what you are telling her about a healthy diet, etc.

3) It's fun and she will probably enjoy it a lot. (I do!)

If she is interested, the cost per class is $15, and includes lunch right after class ends (at 11:00).

I decided to e-mail you the address rather than posting it.

Fennec

[This message has been edited by Fennec (edited April 12, 2001).]

Top Bottom