Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ladies, have any of you been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia?

RottenWillow

Plat Hero
Platinum
I suffered a bacterial infection which spread into my brain calling encephalitis for several weeks back last Winter and Spring. It's left me with slight memory problems which have been no big deal. However, I've had all kinds of numbness, tingling, and weird stabbing pain in various muscles no doc has been able to explain. Now the neurologist is talking about FM.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has had similiar sxs or been diagnosed with FM?

Wow, wow!
I'm sorry I don't have any experience... if I note someone you could talk to though I'll let you know.

:rose:

best

v

Sorry RW no help here either. :rose:

the numbness & tingling i have is from the chemo drugs, namely vincristine & nerve damage.. all the best chica

Fibromyalgia is another medical term meaning "I have no clue". It just means that you have aches in your muscles, which you already knew before the doctor gave it a name.

blut wump said:
It just means that you have aches in your muscles, which you already knew before the doctor gave it a name.

It means a lot more than just "aches in your muscles". And how are you posting in a women's only forum?

Vel, Bunny: I've read about FM at length and the best theorys on it right now seem to be that it's a neurological d/o that is triggered by a bacterial or viral infection. The interrupted sleep (middle insomnia) is the worst sx for me. Without a sleep aid I've not slept more than 3 hours since Jan. I've found a forum devoted to it on healthboards, but that place is just depressing! I'm hoping for some positive minded, fitness oriented chicas on EF with the dx might find this thread.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia before I had children. It was recommended that I take Paxil. The doc (at the time) said that it would help me though he said that they didnt know why. I was like, "ummmm thanks but no thanks."

I have suffered from sleeplessness due to nightmares since I was in my early 20's (Post traumatic stress).

This was many years ago and I dont really have much to add except anecdotal experience. I never took the drugs because I wanted to start a family. I went back to being active regardless of how uncomfortable I was and only slept soundly due to the exhaustion of pregnancy/child-rearing.

Once I was able to sleep and became active again, ALL symptoms of Fibromyalgia disappeared.

I am not suggesting you become pregnant, lol. What I AM suggesting is that you find a way to get sleep. Lack of sleep will break you down in ways that you hardly notice until all at once one day you are depressed and aching all over, barely able to function. I believe that it is a vicious downward spiral.

I havent had any nightmares since I got married and began living with my current husband but I still have trouble sleeping. Seroquel is a drug that I have found to be most helpfull but I do want to try NOT to become dependent on it.

I dont know if my info has helped. But I tried. If you have any questions, I will answer them to the best of my ability.

BIKINIMOM said:
Once I was able to sleep and became active again, ALL symptoms of Fibromyalgia disappeared.

See that's what I'm hoping. I've read research that suggests that the only actual changes made in the body by the bacterial/viral infection are to the brain which causes disruption in the normal sleep pattern. All the attendent neropathy and paresthesias associated with FM are caused by the body's inability to reach deep sleep where it repairs the daily small scale damage to the body from normal activity. All that cumulative damage eventually causes serious pain, fatique headaches, numbness and tingling all over. In my own case I've noticed that if I use sleep aids for 4 days straight and sleep pretty well, then much of the stabbing pain in my leg and lower back, and numbness in my right foot goes away.

But ACK I cannot sleep for shit. Except for when I was doing my HST program in '03 I've never had any problems sleeping. This is making me loco.

Hello, I am new and I am new here because of your post. I saw you have fibromyalgia and so do I. I am into lifting and looking for others who have fibromyalgia and still lifting.
Can you tell me more about yourself?

I have pain from this disease but am a leader of several groups that cope with it. I would like to exchange more information with you.

hate to pop on here

but I trained a woman a while back with FM

pm if I can help

Top Bottom