Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ladies, have any of you been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia?

The Shadow said:
hate to pop on here

but I trained a woman a while back with FM

pm if I can help

You know you love coming on here....

The Shadow said:
hate to pop on here

but I trained a woman a while back with FM

pm if I can help

Did the training help the neuropathy? I recently got back into serious lifting after probably 7 months off due to the problems, and it seems like the numbness and tingling is improving b/c squatting and stiff-legged DL's. The neurologist advised against lifting, but couldnt IMO give me a compelling reason to avoid it.

yeah.....it did help her a lot

it improved her joint mobility as well......

The Shadow said:
yeah.....it did help her a lot

it improved her joint mobility as well......

did she seem to need longer recovery times between workouts that you felt were perhaps due to the FM?

Good stuff, Shadow. RW - I have FM. Activity and eating super clean are among the only VERIFIED (studies done) treatments for fibromyalgia. There are some changes to the serotonin system, which is why depression & sleep disturbances are sometimes symptoms. I use St. John's Wort, a mild herbal anti-depressant, to moderate the serotonin system and it helps. For me though, activity all the way - boy, do I ever feel it when I quit moving or come off the SJW. I would not recommend any medical anti-depressant - some of the theories about FM include chemical toxicity overreaction (ie. FM sufferers just happen to the the 'canary in the coal mine' humans that are the first to react to a very toxic world). For that same reason, gentle herbal body cleansers can help, examples being green tea, vitamin C, cal/mag supplement.

Sorry for the long-winded post . .

RottenWillow said:
I suffered a bacterial infection which spread into my brain calling encephalitis for several weeks back last Winter and Spring. It's left me with slight memory problems which have been no big deal. However, I've had all kinds of numbness, tingling, and weird stabbing pain in various muscles no doc has been able to explain. Now the neurologist is talking about FM.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has had similiar sxs or been diagnosed with FM?
I don't have this problem, but I am familiar with the condition through my work.

Fibro is an autoimmune disease. I have a personal theory about autoimmune diseases (in that they are a direct result of toxic overload or nutritional deficiency). I do not believe autoimmune diseases are actually disease states (but I admit, I'm weird and hardcore).

If you want to try a alternative medicine approach give me a shout.

wlmcrae said:
Good stuff, Shadow. RW - I have FM. Activity and eating super clean are among the only VERIFIED (studies done) treatments for fibromyalgia. There are some changes to the serotonin system, which is why depression & sleep disturbances are sometimes symptoms. I use St. John's Wort, a mild herbal anti-depressant, to moderate the serotonin system and it helps. For me though, activity all the way - boy, do I ever feel it when I quit moving or come off the SJW. I would not recommend any medical anti-depressant - some of the theories about FM include chemical toxicity overreaction (ie. FM sufferers just happen to the the 'canary in the coal mine' humans that are the first to react to a very toxic world). For that same reason, gentle herbal body cleansers can help, examples being green tea, vitamin C, cal/mag supplement.

Sorry for the long-winded post . .

Wasnt even remotely long-winded. Are hot flashes a part of FM? When those first started I thought I was feverish, but after checking my temp I've always found it's completely normal. All last night I was cooking, but it was only like 65 degrees in my room. Also, it is normal for the symptoms to generally be worse when you're tired?

Damn straight they'll be worse when you're tired . . esp. if that 'tired' is a low-serotonin state OR is a result of the interupted Stage 4 sleep that is characteristic of FM (flashes of 'waking wave' in the middle of D-wave sleep - creates a very unrested body). Hot flashes . . I haven't had that personally, but it is possible. A FM site would list direct symptoms.

Top Bottom