Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Knee wraps

JaeJaeBae

[FONT=&quot]I tweaked my knee ~1yr ago and still feel some pain when I squat/leg press. The pain is worse when I free wt. squat and have to use the smith (which I hate). Sometimes I have to stop working quads for a few weeks and just hit hammies. I bought a knee brace and it is ok, but not great. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have been looking at knee wraps as an alternative. I know they will take some of the muscle of of the movement, but it is better than not working quads at all![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Question is this: Which kind is best? They have the Black Mamba, Convict, Thug, Black Reaper, etc. They also have a ladies secotin, but it didn't list weights with those. I don't need a super duty wrap, just something that will add some extra support. Some of those wraps say "see so and so squat 1000 lbs" and I am no where close to doing that. I'm still working on a 135 front squat lol[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I'd recommend a good set of knee sleeves instead personally. They add warmth and support and work pretty well for this. Wraps are fine too, but are more geared towards giving you an assist with the squat and allowing you to move more weight than you normally could. Additionally, they need another person to put them on you if they are to work correctly.

Last edited:
I tweaked my knee ~1yr ago and still feel some pain when I squat/leg press. The pain is worse when I free wt. squat and have to use the smith (which I hate). Sometimes I have to stop working quads for a few weeks and just hit hammies. I bought a knee brace and it is ok, but not great.

I have been looking at knee wraps as an alternative. I know they will take some of the muscle of of the movement, but it is better than not working quads at all!

Question is this: Which kind is best? They have the Black Mamba, Convict, Thug, Black Reaper, etc. They also have a ladies secotin, but it didn't list weights with those. I don't need a super duty wrap, just something that will add some extra support. Some of those wraps say "see so and so squat 1000 lbs" and I am no where close to doing that. I'm still working on a 135 front squat lol

Then a cheap set from eBay will work

wear and tear on a bad knee is not going to end well

if you want to do this the right way you should stop hammering at your knee entirely for a while. build mobility and flexibility so your joints get lubricated. as it is now you are only making more damage and a knee wrap is going to do more harm than good cause now you will think you can hammer harder

Top Bottom