Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Keeping Focus

Janbo

I am 46 5'8" 142lbs about 22% BF. The love handles and belly fat is creeping in. Legs have always been heavy but since I have stopped long distance running the legs are getting big. 22.25 inches. I have been heavy lifting for the last couple years and have a good amount of upper body muscle but it is being hidden by fat. I know I need to get back to running to get some of the fat off but I cant seem to focus and get motivated. Lifting is the only activity that I can talk myself into doing. I love to lift.
The last year has seen a disolve of a 22 year old marriage, a parent with alzhhimers, the parting of a good friendship, loss of a past lover and unstable finances. Dating at this age sucks and meeting "good" men is not as easy as it once was.
I work 12 hour days. My day starts at 4am and i am usually home around 7 or 7:30.
I have started taking GHRP-6. 100mcg 3 times a day. Hoping to slow the ageing process a bit.
I am not a smoker, only drink occasionaly. Food though is my downfall right now.
I need to focus on the prize.......just not sure what the prize is anymore. I tell myself Ill clean up my diet and the next minute i'm in a bag of chips.
Any suggestions for getting my head on straight.

Last edited:
I am 46 5'8" 142lbs about 22% BF. The love handles and belly fat is creeping in. Legs have always been heavy but since I have stopped long distance running the legs are getting big. 22.25 inches. I have been heavy lifting for the last couple years and have a good amount of upper body muscle but it is being hidden by fat. I know I need to get back to running to get some of the fat off but I cant seem to focus and get motivated. Lifting is the only activity that I can talk myself into doing. I love to lift.
The last year has seen a disolve of a 22 year old marriage, a parent with alzhhimers, the parting of a good friendship, loss of a past lover and unstable finances. Dating at this age sucks and meeting "good" men is not as easy as it once was.
I work 12 hour days. My day starts at 4am and i am usually home around 7 or 7:30.
I have started taking GHRP-6. 100mcg 3 times a day. Hoping to slow the ageing process a bit.
I am not a smoker, only drink occasionaly. Food though is my downfall right now.
I need to focus on the prize.......just not sure what the prize is anymore. I tell myself Ill clean up my diet and the next minute i'm in a bag of chips.
Any suggestions for getting my head on straight.
One thing to keep in mind is you are not alone. This is actually very common. If you hate running, find something you like. For instance, I HATE running, I was a collegiate athlete and that's all we did, I got in phenomenal shape but I still dreaded it. Nowadays I do steady long cardio on the Bowflex Treadclimber I have here in my house, I like it...I pop a movie in my portable DVD player and time passes quickly.

I also LOVE BeachBody programs. I've done a few rounds of p90x and Insanity. Insanity became my LOVE...it's fun (hard as hell) and I love it. It's the only program that has made me almost throw up since off season conditioning lolol

So yea I'm like you in the sense that I've always been a lifter. What people (most often women) fail to realize though is that lifting...ESP lifting heavy...is that lifting burns just as much if not more calories than cardio! Once you start building muscle your body becomes a calorie burning machine. You can also incorporate super sets to add in some cardio action.

Mainly...just take it one step at a time. I tell people all the time that have similar stories as you, the first step is always the toughest, as with every aspect of life...once you find a groove and get into a good routine you'll start sticking with it. Just gotta find something you like and enjoy, and be structured with it. Keep eating clean.

Go look at the member photo section on here...or search for p90x success stories or try to catch their infomercial when it comes on tv, that kinda stuff motivates me.

If you ever need anything or need to talk, don't hesitate.

Hi and welcome :)
"I tell myself Ill clean up my diet and the next minute i'm in a bag of chips"

I encourage you to spend a few minutes thinking about a couple things.
Why are you eating the junk food. Is it a reward? Is it to comfort yourself? Is it out of boredom? Is it because it is convenient? Do you have a case of the fuckits? When you discover your motivation behind self-sabotage, it is easier to come up with a strategy to combat that.
For me, if I do something as self sabotage, it is because I am forgetting to value myself. I then tell myself that I truly deserve to eat only the best healthy food, and that I deserve to exercise and treat my body well. It becomes an act of self love to "do the right thing"
Be honest with yourself. You work long hours, and are probably gutted from everything that has happened to you. I think you may respond to the same suggestion, that you are in great need of treating yourself better.

Hi and welcome :)
"I tell myself Ill clean up my diet and the next minute i'm in a bag of chips"

I encourage you to spend a few minutes thinking about a couple things.
Why are you eating the junk food. Is it a reward? Is it to comfort yourself? Is it out of boredom? Is it because it is convenient? Do you have a case of the fuckits? When you discover your motivation behind self-sabotage, it is easier to come up with a strategy to combat that.
For me, if I do something as self sabotage, it is because I am forgetting to value myself. I then tell myself that I truly deserve to eat only the best healthy food, and that I deserve to exercise and treat my body well. It becomes an act of self love to "do the right thing"
Be honest with yourself. You work long hours, and are probably gutted from everything that has happened to you. I think you may respond to the same suggestion, that you are in great need of treating yourself better.
Case of the fuckits...lolol

Nice write-up trex :)

If I am not in the mood to run for 30 minutes I'll combine running and working out. I'll warmup 10 minutes on the treadmill. Then I'll workout, running on the treadmill for 1-2 minutes between sets. If I do 10 sets then that is 10-20 minutes of running. Then I walk/run for a final 10 minutes. For me it breaks down the bordom of 30 minutes of running. Of course I do this in my garage, not at the gym.

Rebecca D

You alway make me laugh Trex... I thought there was a "w" in there and had to double back... but the "fuckits" is a term I've never heard of but is so fitting for some moods.. good one!!

Hi Janbo, welcome to the forums..

A huge thing for me was figuring out goals.. what is the prize.. one that's determined it's easy to go into autopilot and achieve it, but when the goals are not determined it's easy to float one day and one mindset, to the next..

It follows in with Trex's advice is having some reflection time and figuring it out.. it sounds like a lot has gone on in your life just recently and having things like that happen changes your perspective, goals and what is important to you.. have a think about it and write things down..

Good luck

Rebecca D, Circuit training. I did a lot of it in college and loved it. Thats a good idea.

Rachel M, Needing to figure things out is true. Cant stay focused though. I am curious as to how much of this is due to what has happened to my personal life and how much is hormonal . At 46 I know my chemistry is changing but I don't know yet what its doing to my moods.

Top Bottom