Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I’m confused, I’m overwhelmed…. Help pls! 

alycat

Ok, I'm reading oxygen mag ABS (new one)
On page 92 there is a article "Nutrition for a tighter waistline"... so I'm reading this, right and it says…
"You want to provide your body with carbs ONLY when they are needed. Those times are before exercise, that includes weights training, and after the workout. That's it!! You give your body the fuel it need and then you replenish it. Any carbs eaten out side of those critical times will most likely contribute to fat.....On days that you don't train, a moderate amount of carbs can be eaten at breakfast. That should be the only carbs you eat all day.

Then it goes onto say…
“ Don't mix carbs and fat together. When you do eat carbs eat them with lean protein such as egg whites, chix, turkey fish (except for fatty fish like SALMON)” wtf????

Now at lunch I almost always eat 1 mutli grain pita toasted ---1 tbs light oilve oil---1 can of salmon---grilled mushrooms.....

Is article this right????? I'm sooo confused... This is why I'm gonna take this class I hope it clarifies things for me.
:rolleyes:

Fact:

You Cannot Burn Bodyfat In The Gym When Insulin Levels Are High

The Comment Was Meant That You Shouldnt Eat Fatty Ford Except For Fish(salmon) In General.

Nothing will EVER clarify things for you. Every article you read from here until eternity will have conflicting information in it. In the SAME magazine you will read conflicting information.

There are just too many variables to say nutrition and training is cut and dry. It is not black and white - different things work for different people.

Usually, simple is best. So many people over-think diet and training. It really is no complicated. Stick with the basics, and tweak from there.

The article probably means STARCHY carbs. There is no reason to EVER limit veggies. Basically, they are saying, eat to fuel your body. If you have a high-intense workout day, eat more carbs to fuel that workout and that day. If you have an off day (or cardio only day), then you need less carbs to fuel your body.

alycat said:
Ok, I'm reading oxygen mag ABS (new one)
On page 92 there is a article "Nutrition for a tighter waistline"... so I'm reading this, right and it says…
"You want to provide your body with carbs ONLY when they are needed. Those times are before exercise, that includes weights training, and after the workout. That's it!! You give your body the fuel it need and then you replenish it. Any carbs eaten out side of those critical times will most likely contribute to fat.....On days that you don't train, a moderate amount of carbs can be eaten at breakfast. That should be the only carbs you eat all day.

Then it goes onto say…
“ Don't mix carbs and fat together. When you do eat carbs eat them with lean protein such as egg whites, chix, turkey fish (except for fatty fish like SALMON)” wtf????

Now at lunch I almost always eat 1 mutli grain pita toasted ---1 tbs light oilve oil---1 can of salmon---grilled mushrooms.....

Is article this right????? I'm sooo confused... This is why I'm gonna take this class I hope it clarifies things for me.
:rolleyes:

Funny I read that article also, and that stuck out at me too!

The Shadow said:
Fact:

You Cannot Burn Bodyfat In The Gym When Insulin Levels Are High

The Comment Was Meant That You Shouldnt Eat Fatty Ford Except For Fish(salmon) In General.

So you're saying that my lunch is fine????
that's not what they meant...
I really enjoy my pita/salmon lunch... but if it's not doing me anygood I'll stop...

Daisy_Girl said:
Nothing will EVER clarify things for you. Every article you read from here until eternity will have conflicting information in it. In the SAME magazine you will read conflicting information.QUOTE]

Ya I'm starting to get that... keep it simple... best advise so far...lol!

:) Hi there. From a personal point of view - I like carbs. Actually, I *really* like carbs. They are extremely kind to me, not that I converse with them on a regular basis or anything ;) Does that little magazine of yours give you the same satisfaction that pita does? Do you train on a regular basis providing you with all the feel gooooood endorphins you need? Drop the magazine! Quit wasting your money on valueless, falsely recycled pieces of paper (they stain your fingers anyway) and listen to your body. Just eat the pita and feel real good :) Oh, and try english muffin pizzas. Multigrain thomas' englishmuffins - no hydogenated crap, 100 cals, 22 carbs n 8 fiber, 7 protein. Tomato paste, sauce, ketchup if desired. Part skim mozzarella and you're good ta go. Today I made it with albacore tuna and imitation crabmeat. I made a salad with lowfat mayo, parsley, cabbage and the fish. Just put the tomato stuff on, fish in the middle, top it with the 'rella and toast till melted. Yum!

StellarTiggy said:
:) Hi there. From a personal point of view - I like carbs. Actually, I *really* like carbs. They are extremely kind to me, not that I converse with them on a regular basis or anything ;)

Dont we all......I love the way they taste but hate the way they make me feel

LMAO! Shadow, I trained very hard yesterday, but god only knows I can't stop eating today. I'm basically walking around my house doing homework and making myself food. I feel indoubtedly guilty for eating so much.

Meal 1- 1/4 cup steel cut oats/a few slices of grapefruit
1/4 cup skim milk+water+stevia+a few raisins+cinnamon+sugarfree maple syrup(for flavor ;))
I took a few teaspoons of yogurt and mixed an egg white, farmer cheese (the really low cal/sodium kind made from skim milk) into it.
A sprinkle of all bran
1/4 cup of wheat bran and a tablespoon of flaxmeal
2 super omega 3 caps and a multivitamin with digestive enzymes (haha, you know the reason to that...)

tea, water, nestley's 100% cocoa with 1/4 cup soymilk in between

Meal 2 were my english muffins. I think I threw in some farmer cheese/cottage cheese into those. I also ate a few baby carrots (I really can't remember at this point...) oh yeah, I bought this soy based bologna product to TRY. omfg.. I regret "trying" it. I remember I was so full after this meal...

Meal 3 (now) Outta control.

London Top Broil - about 3 oz or so (It was sooooo hard. I killed the fat in that thing!)
a large egg + egg substitute
Made an omellette with that and a slice of leftover delimeat (lean)
2 or 3 tablespoons of farmer cheese
Handfull of mixed salad
hotsauce, ketchup

and then...

It all went to hell.
Tiny [I promise] slice of this thing my dad bought (made of 100% sugar :)) I controlled myself here.
A few teaspoons of yogurt, a bit more farmer cheese, then 2 or 3 teaspoons of no sugar added (splenda sweetened) ice cream. haha. wait, wait, my MOTHER comes home here - hey look. She bought large strawberries. 3 of those...some more cocoa, no milk, stevia for sweetness.

This is the part where I drink 5 glasses of water.

I'd like to thank anyone who has actually reached this part of the post...

Top Bottom