Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

?? for IUD users!!

alexsmom

For those of you who use the IUD as birth control....what kind do you use and how do you like it? My OBGYN told me of 2 types...the copper one and a new one that lasts like 5 years and releases progesterone into your body. I think it's called Merina or something like that. I've been contemplating using the IUD but don't know which one would be better. I've done several searches on side affects of the Mirena one but can't find much. I was thinking that this one would be just like using the pill (hence side effects) since there is a hormone involved. Any opinons or comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!!! :)

Thanks Spatts...I thought I remembered somebody on here raving about that before but couldn't quite remember who. Anyway, I was thinking the same thing regarding the non-hormone thing. I've been using Yasmin which is the best brand of pill I've used yet, but would really like to see where I could go (bodywise) with no hormones. Thanks for your quick response!! The only downside is that my insurance won't cover the IUD so it's going to be all out of pocket. :(

I have been doing some research on IUD's myself..my only concern is that some women will fall out..and also perfation etc.
also ..some women will bleed..spotting withing the first 3 months...or so.
Spatts!!
did you use any other contraception method for the first month with the IUD??
So far ..if I will go for the IUD I will user thr cooper T

I've had a copper IUD for 3 years now and I love it. I had it inserted at Planned Parenthood, my insurance covered the office visit but not the device itself. The insertion was painless and quick (just a few minutes) and I have had no pain or discomfort from it.

copper-T (Paragard) => love it! :loveyou:

• no other contraception the first month

• no break through bleeding

• no perforated uterus by the IUD... doctor did an internal scan at insertion time

• checked 1 month later to make sure it did not fall out... ok so I’m a little paranoid :rolleyes:

• heavier cycles (no big deal)

• a little cramping for the first 2-3 months. I’ve never been pregnant so this is likely the cause.

good luck! :)

ok...ok.....
I will schedule a gyn visit next week... and talk to her and see what can be done.
My husdband is a bit paranoid..since he wants another child in about 2-3 years...(yeah right)....i don't think so.:sperm:
He wants to go with me to the gyn and find out what is that I am do with the IUD........ I can't believe this guy!
my cousin just told me about a new patch??!! my I will go for the IUD instead...I am to be hormone FREE..:D
I really do not care how much this thing is....about $500.00 I will give it with pleasure just knowing I will be hormone free..I ready to SHAG..any time without worries..jejeje

I am still considering doing this, Spatts. It is also very good to hear from other women about their experiences with it. I am only 21, but I know that I don't want kids for at least another 4 years...minimum. Plus...it can be removed when you decide to get pregnant. Just wondering...if you go to Planned Parenthood would it be cheaper or not?

I've had the Paraguard copper-T for about 5 years now. I hardly even know it's there. My periods were heavier at first and I had some bad cramps, but nothing Motrin and a heating pad couldn't cure. The insertion was quite painful for me, probably because I'd never had kids (and don't plan to) but the pain was over quickly.

i also have the copper IUD and I love it. I have had it for about 3 1/2 years. I have had no problems at all with it. I personally have less of a period than i did before i got it. the first 2 months i had to go to the doc to find out why i had NO period at all. they don't seem concerned at all about it. It was the best choice of contraceptives i have ever used.
I had no pain during insertion maybe slight discomfort but nothing really to speak of.

Top Bottom