Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IUD Mirena

L

Little Girl

The time is now arrived that I need to change my IUD. My doc talked to me about Mirena. It's an IUD wich release gradually a small amount of progesterone. Have you experiemented it? Or heard good or bad things about it???
Thanks!
LG

LG - I can't help too much, but am interested in others experiences too.

I am due for a visit to the Doc in September and am going to ask about IUDs. Been doing some research on them and am really interested. Been taking BCPs for 12 years - WAY too much hormones.

Have you heard of the Copper IUD? It doesn't use ANY hormones. That's the one I want to talk to the doc about....

What are the benefits of it releasing progesterone? Did the doctor say - I'm just curious. I've had the Paraguard Copper T (no hormones) for the past 5 years and like it very much.

The IUD that I already have is in copper. Even after 4 years (and AS!!), my periods are very abondant and long , alot of mood swing and also pelvian cramps. The first day that I start my period, I'm not the same person! I took off from work several times that first day.
My doc says that the periods would be less plentiful, less painful and shorter with Mirena. After a while they will be unexistant. She told me that it would be a good thing for me because I would not do water retention (I had so much water retention the days before my last comp, that I had to change weight class!)

:confused: :confused:
Anyone experimented it??
LG

I also just got the copper IUD and am loving it!! :) The thing I heard about Progesterone which is used in Mirena is that though it won't cause water retention like estrogen, it can be acne-causing for some. However, dont' quote me on this. :)

spatts said:
Is it possible to have a copper IUD that DOES release hormones? LG, your "sides" don't sound typical of something nonhormonal.

I was thinking the same thing. Actually sounds a little like PID to me....LG's symptoms that is.

My doc says that the sides of my actual copper IUD are normal. That is why she was proposing the Mirena (wich has copper in it and release hormones).
alexsmom, what is a PID (sorry, English ain't my first language)? I'm kind of lost here!

LG

PID=Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

Causes all kinds of painful things. Don't know much about it - if you do a search on the internet I'm sure you'll find TONS of info.

Thanks to everyone for the opinions on the Copper IUD. Definately going to talk to my Doc about it. Love the idea of no hormones!

I did some search on Internet and the results were not good for Mirena. I saw only negative comments about it...
I'll stay with my copper IUD even if I have pelvian cramps before my periods and if they are longer than they was when I was on pill...
And I don't think I have a PID, it's only before my periods.

Thanks,
LG

this is all very out of date now that i've noticed the posting times.

i am on the verge of having a mirena coil fitted, mainly because of the reduction of periods. but because this is caused by the hormones implanted in it, wont a course of AS disrupt all of this?

i mean, one of the main bonuses of any of my previous cycles has been an absence of periods - they really are a drag - but now i'm concerned that once fitted, any subsequent cycles will contraindicate the iud, and its implanted hormones. the device will still be there, obviously, but the benefits of reduced or absent periods might be gone, after a cycle will i have to endure heavy and long painful periods?

has anyone been able to get any sensible answers from their doctors?

:sperm: :sperm: :sperm: :sperm: :sperm: :sperm: :sperm: :sperm:

Top Bottom