Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Iud

EVE

please tell me all about your experience w/ the IUD. I've never had kids but want them someday so my gyno is trying to discourage me from using it. I've read all about it and it seems safe. I absolutely will not use The Pill. I will not take synthetic hormones so please don't post back trying to convince me that they're good for me. I just want to hear some peoples experience w/ the IUD.

Thanks! :D

hehe... you said gyno and i was thinking what the???? guess i've been spending too much time reading the A board :)

sorry, i'm no help, never had one...

Hi Eve. Weel, I've never used an IUD, but there are several previous post concerning this device.

Did your doctor enlighten you as to why she/he didn't think that it was a good idea?

yea.. i hear ya.. the pill sucks!!i gained like 10 pounds on the pill.. and in all those wonderful "womanly" areas. i had to run my ass off for a yr to lose that fat!! it was not fun. anyway.. do a search here on the board for info on the IUD. u should find a lot. i would not reccomend it though, especially if u want kids in the future. hey.. what about condoms?? i know i know!! YUK!! NO FUN. sorry cant help more than that.. im livin on the edge when it comes to this stuff:p . good luck!!

LMAO:lmao:
These are some funny responses. I'm gonna go search and see what i can find. My OB-GYN (don't want to confuse anybody:D ) just says what all the pamphlets would say about birth control. He is super pro-The Pill just like everyone else. It's like a conspiracy against women.

The doctor doesn't recommend the IUD because she hasn't had children yet. Most OBGYN's do not insert IUD into women that have not given birth. It is much more painful to insert in that case and the cramping is much more intense. I had an IUD and I have had a child....After about 4 months of cramping....constant spotting and bleeding I had it removed. I felt like my insides were raw. The IUD is considered a long term birth control...up to 10 yrs. I would recommend something else. I know it sounds so sweet and easy but you will get a big dose of reality if you go through with it.

Just my experience.
Star

the pill. I wish the IUD would of been the wonderful thing it's made out to be but it wasn't. I have never been one that had bad cramps or anything either but this thing made me have PMS 24/7 for 4 mo's....sucked. The over the counter spermicides are pretty good. You can get them predone in a little plunger that you just insert (like a tampon) or in a little tiny piece of film that melts upon insertion. No sides with that at all except emptypocketbookitis......get's expensive if you have a healthy sex life.

Star

I've had good results with the IUD for the past 4 years, but they're not right for everyone. I have known other women who met all the criteria, but they still got terrible bleeding and cramps and had to have them removed. I guess it's like the Pill - makes some women gain weight (like me) and makes some women lose weight.

An IUD is not recommended for women who plan on having children in the future and/or women not in a long-term monogomous relationship (greater chance of infection).

I may be dating myself back to the stone age, but I don't think anyone has mentioned the cervical cap or diaphram. Does anyone use these anymore?

ok ladies i found the ultimate solution!!!!! THE PILL FOR MEN!!! oh yea baby.. thats what im talking about.. let them deal w/ all the weight gain and having to remember to take their little blue, green and white pills every damn day:mad: ahhhh!!! i could never remember to take mine anyway. it was soo funny cause the only time i would remember was after i had sex.. i would jump up in a frenzy and be like "OMG.. where are my pills, WHERE ARE MY PILLS!!!!?!?!" nothing better than that to kill the "after sex high" huh???isnt there something like the pill for men out there now.?i thought i heard something about it a while back.. it could have just been talk/hype . its nice to dream though ;) good luck ladies!! -- KBgrl

Top Bottom