Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IslandGirl's Dynamite Comes in Small Packages

Island_Girl

IFBB Pro Physique
Platinum
That's me! I'm all of 5' 2" and when I am competing in Bodybuilding, I stand on stage a ripped 105-108 lbs.

I am about 10 days out from the National's stage in Atlanta, but I am going to be competing on the Figure stage this time. I am sitting at about 115-116 lbs. so it's quite a shock for me being at this weight as I enter the homestretch next week. But Figure is not about being ripped, hard and shredded. Our plan is to come in with a beautiful shape and balance, pretty lines and just the right amount of leaness.

I really didn't have much time to prep for this show as I just decided about 2 weeks ago that I was going to compete. I've been trying to stay in pretty good shape and my diet was not really off during the time before I made the decision so it was easy to transition from not competing and then competing and only having 3 weeks to really prep for this show.

My mindset has not changed much since my decision, but things have magnified a bit with increase cardio and ramped the training up a bit with focus on my legs to sculpt them into a pretty shape and then also having to take some foods out of my diet. That sucked! lol

I'll be writing out my workouts and laying out what I eat.

Thanks for peeking in!

Training: I love training heavy and intense. I don't know how to not train hard. lol I've done DC training for a couple of years and then earlier this year I gave FST-7 a shot. I did a cycle of that. I am thinking of going back to DC after this show. Right now I am doing more of a traditional type of workout throwing in some rest/pause and sometimes some 7's (FST-7).

Today was suppose to be a rest day from lifting and was going to hit the tracks, but we had a couple errands to do and before we knew it the sun was setting. So no track work. We hit the gym and did legs again, but lighter leg day.

Bench Step-ups // Superset // Walking Lunges:
20#/ 15 each leg //SS// 80 steps each leg ----X3

Cable Kickbacks for glutes:
25/20
30/20
35/15

Butt Blaster:
40/15 X 3

Cardio was Am fasted for 45 mins. Pm for 30 mins.

Nutrition: My diet has been pretty simple. I carb cycle so I have higher carbs on my training days and lower carbs on non-training days.

Today was suppose to be a non-training day, but I ended up going to the gym and training so I missed one of my carb meals, but that's ok.

This is how today went...

Meal 1- Chicken egg white omelet with veggies, bowl of oatmeal and 1T peanut butter

Meal 2- Chicken and spinach salad

Meal 3- Lean beef chili and green beans

--post workout: bowl of frosted flakes w/ ff milk

Meal 4- Seared ahi tuna, rice and spinach salad

Meal 5- Coffee whey shake

I was eating 6 meals and got that bumped down to 5.

Last edited:
:) damn girl I never knew you were so short! great log woman!

That's me! I'm all of 5' 2" and when I am competing in Bodybuilding, I stand on stage a ripped 105-108 lbs.

I am about 10 days out from the National's stage in Atlanta, but I am going to be competing on the Figure stage this time. I am sitting at about 115-116 lbs. so it's quite a shock for me being at this weight as I enter the homestretch next week. But Figure is not about being ripped, hard and shredded. Our plan is to come in with a beautiful shape and balance, pretty lines and just the right amount of leaness.

I really didn't have much time to prep for this show as I just decided about 2 weeks ago that I was going to compete. I've been trying to stay in pretty good shape and my diet was not really off during the time before I made the decision so it was easy to transition from not competing and then competing and only having 3 weeks to really prep for this show.

My mindset has not changed much since my decision, but things have magnified a bit with increase cardio and ramped the training up a bit with focus on my legs to sculpt them into a pretty shape and then also having to take some foods out of my diet. That sucked! lol

I'll be writing out my workouts and laying out what I eat.

Thanks for peeking in!

Is it at the Civic Center? I'm in Atlanta. That's where the O's were held back in the mid 90's. Attended the '93 at the tender age of 9.

Congrats and good luck on your competition! Thanks for keeping a log - I love to see what others are doing! :)

Is it at the Civic Center? I'm in Atlanta. That's where the O's were held back in the mid 90's. Attended the '93 at the tender age of 9.

omg! We have to meet then!

It's going to be at the Hyatt Regency on Peachtree in the Centennial Ballroom. NPC NATIONALS

Wow that is cool! You attended the O in '93 at 9 yrs of age. I've never been to one yet. I want to go! One of these days I will.

Awesome, I'm subscribed.
So, uh, you did 80 walking lunges on each leg, x 3 ?
wow
*dumbstruck*

Good job on getting the log up! Mine will up soon. I'm excited for you competing at Nationals!! Will be following along! :)

Awesome, I'm subscribed.
So, uh, you did 80 walking lunges on each leg, x 3 ?
wow
*dumbstruck*

Yeah!

Yeah, I walked across my gym floor and walked back. Did this 3x, supersetting with bench step ups. This was KILLER!

Top Bottom