x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

ironwings journal *

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about ironwings journal * within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: Hey ladies, time for me to journal up. Iím pretty new to EF and have enjoyed learning from the Womenís Fitness Forum Ė I guess itís my turn to share. Iíll start here and continue to add my workouts as I change them (and any other ďah haĒ moments I have!). Competing isnít right for me currently but could be in the future. I tend to take things to the obsessive state and canít ďaffordĒ to do that right now. Perhaps when Iím more settled (40ís sound great!). I have danced my entire life and

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Re: ironwings journal *

Looking good girl! hopefully soon i'll be looking as lean....
    nice abs too...i'm starting to see some definition on mine and its really exciting! also arms are looking awesome!

Felt anxious today so I headed back to the gym this afternoon and got another 30 minutes of cardio in - treadmill, incline 15%, speed 3.4, heart rate stayed around 135. Felt good!

Cool Re: ironwings journal *

See previous posts for explanations of pics.

2007, 122lbs

Oct. 2008, 131lbs, 19%bf

Last edited by ironwings; 22-Oct-2008 at 05:47 AM.

Just something I wanted to share - on average losing 3lbs = 1%bf.

I was still a little tight from Sunday's leg workout but went at it again today. I also hit my shin on a step and it bothers me to put pressure on that leg :-(

Quads/Hams/Abs - 2
    Sumo squats: went up to 70lb db standing on 2 benches so that I can go glutes to calves. 2x12,2x10 superset frog kicks: 4x12
    One leg step ups - bb: 45lb, 2x12, 1x9
    SLDL, Smith: 90lbs+bar, 2x10
    One leg Smith glute presses: 20lb+bar, 2x12
    One leg Smith press: 50lb+bar, 2x15
    Smith bridge: 50lb+bar, 2x10

Not the best workout. I am typically hoping through these moves but today I didn't have headphones on and I kept getting interrupted. I had a limited time frame and was frustrated with my lack of sets on the last burnout exercises. I was trying to rush through them just to get them in - wrong approach I know. Didn't get abs in. OneBreath and I were talking about this last night. I think I am going to just have to do those separately so that I can really focus on them. I am so exhausted by the end of my leg workouts! I know I'm not putting 100% effort into them.

Question Re: ironwings journal *

I realize in looking at my photos my lower back needs some work. It used to be so hard from dance but I have let it go. What are your favorite lower back exercises? I am terrible about letting back day go to the way side if I run out of time.

You look amazing girl.

I use the machine for lower back workout & deadlifts ( starting asap) Im curious to see what others post!

You look absolutely amazing ironwings.
    Keep it up girl

Thanks all...it is always a journey. I hope it helps some see that losing "weight" isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I used to do rack deads and weighted hyper extensions for lower back. I may have to somehow add those in again. I think I might throw out cable rows for a bit and add in hypers (hitting glutes again is always a good thing!). I'll give it some thought before Friday's workout.

actually ... since you are hitting legs 2 times a week you could do SLDL on one and Good Mornings on the other. Then add some rack deads to your back day and you'd be getting high frequency hits on your lower back. It actually might be too much.

Quote Quote posted by OneBreath View Post
    actually ... since you are hitting legs 2 times a week you could do SLDL on one and Good Mornings on the other. Then add some rack deads to your back day and you'd be getting high frequency hits on your lower back. It actually might be too much.
    maybe...I think I'm going to have to work back on a separate day. I leave it out so often because of time and it is starting to show. My back develops nicely so I've been slack thinking it was no big deal.

I'm struggling with this 4 day thing. I liked the intensity of 6 days like I was doing before so maybe this would be a compromise.