Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

What is a plyo press?

Boxing training is seriously tough isn't it. 3 min of punching sets me on my butt.
Smith plyo presses - lay on a flat bench (or decline or incline) under the smith bar like you would for chest presses. Throw the bar up as hard as you can and catch it when it comes down, continue for all reps.

I do shoulder presses this way as well at the end of my shoulder workout.

I love boxing drills, especially after an upper body workout! Ouch...

Smith plyo presses - lay on a flat bench (or decline or incline) under the smith bar like you would for chest presses. Throw the bar up as hard as you can and catch it when it comes down, continue for all reps.

I do shoulder presses this way as well at the end of my shoulder workout.

I love boxing drills, especially after an upper body workout! Ouch...

I might try that for a giggle, but I have the feeling that I would be having the bar hook back on all over the place. It actually made me laugh thinking about how uncoordinated I would probably be doing this.

Boxing training is hardcore, I freaking hate skipping.

I have so much more respect for fighters now.

I can't imagine making it through 12 rounds, let alone with being hit.

I might try that for a giggle, but I have the feeling that I would be having the bar hook back on all over the place. It actually made me laugh thinking about how uncoordinated I would probably be doing this.

Boxing training is hardcore, I freaking hate skipping.

I have so much more respect for fighters now.

I can't imagine making it through 12 rounds, let alone with being hit.
LOL - try it - let me know how it goes :)

Boxing - onebreath is teaching me more. I used to train with a kickboxer a couple times a week but haven't done that in years. The first time I trained I was sick for days afterwards (I mean puking, my abs hurt so bad I couldn't laugh etc..) I feel like I'm having to learn everything again. We are getting ready to set up some stuff in a basement that will let me train more. I can't wait!

50 minutes fasted cardio today. My headphones broke so I was without my book! I got terribly bored on the treadmill after 25 minutes so I switched over to the ArcTrainer for another 25. I didn't have enough calories last night so I felt a little off this morning, nausuas at times. Kept heart rate around 138 on average.

In my first journal post I wrote about changing my body composition over the past year. I wanted to post some pics so that you could see what I meant by being the same size but weighing more with less fat.

In the first photos (jeans on and taken a little over a year ago) I was 122lbs (not sure of my body fat). In the second photos (taken this morning) I am 132lbs and 19%bf, still 10lbs heavier than the first but as you can see much leaner. Yeah muscle!

I cant see them!!! :(

Have you been gifted a platinum before? If not i'll see if i can do it. I think you have to be platinum to view thumbnails.

In the meantime i'll try to talk ironwings into opening a tinypic.com account to use so non-plats can see these.

In my first journal post I wrote about changing my body composition over the past year. I wanted to post some pics so that you could see what I meant by being the same size but weighing more with less fat.

In the first photos (jeans on and taken a little over a year ago) I was 122lbs (not sure of my body fat). In the second photos (taken this morning) I am 132lbs and 19%bf, still 10lbs heavier than the first but as you can see much leaner. Yeah muscle!

You look AWESOME!

Top Bottom