Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

Here is my best shot at describing my plate ab movements. All movements require two paper plates (cheap ones are perfect). You can perform these on a hard surface or rubber flooring. All movements are performed in plank position.

Starting Position:
In plank position - arms fully extended - place hands on paper plates. Pull abs in tight and ensure your body is completely straight and parallel to the floor (no butts in the air!). Hands should be located right under your shoulders.

Plank Plate Slides: Move one plate at a time about 1' in front of you. Bring back to start position and move opposite hand forward 1'. Repeat, alternating hands until failure.

Plank Side Swipes: I like to refer to these as wax on, wax off! Move one plate at a time in a wax on motion. Sweeping the plate out to the side and around back to start. Repeat with opposite hand and continue until failure. You can also reverse the movement so that you are waxing off. Repeat until failure.

Plank Plate Slides (2 count): Move one plate about 1' in front of you, then move opposite hand 1' forward to meet first hand. Then bring one plate back in at a time. Out, out, in, in. Repeat until failure.

Plank Ups: These I didn't make up and they don't require paper plates but are one of my favs! From extended arm plank position you go down to your forearms one arm at a time, then back up to hands one at a time. Continue to failure. Keep your body tight and straight the entire time (no wobbling).

Tips: Stabilize your body weight so that you don't shift during movement. Your body should be stiff as a board. Try not to put pressure on your shoulders but rather tighten your abs and put your mental focus there. While teaching someone these he suggested it felt like skiing, but on your hands.

Advanced: Place feet on a step with 2 or 3 risers so that your body is completely parallel to the floor.

Enjoy the burn!

Workout today - still resting

15 minutes of complexes
45 minutes cardio - treadmill preset cardio program, incline 15%, speed 3.4, heart rate stayed at 125 for some reason today - not a bad thing.

Tomorrow and Saturday I will only be doing cardio and 1 Yoga class. Sunday - it's on!

A quote that stood out to me in my New Earth recording: "The world is the dancer and you are the dance"

Here is my best shot at describing my plate ab movements. All movements require two paper plates (cheap ones are perfect). You can perform these on a hard surface or rubber flooring. All movements are performed in plank position.

Starting Position:
In plank position - arms fully extended - place hands on paper plates. Pull abs in tight and ensure your body is completely straight and parallel to the floor (no butts in the air!). Hands should be located right under your shoulders.

Plank Plate Slides: Move one plate at a time about 1' in front of you. Bring back to start position and move opposite hand forward 1'. Repeat, alternating hands until failure.

Plank Side Swipes: I like to refer to these as wax on, wax off! Move one plate at a time in a wax on motion. Sweeping the plate out to the side and around back to start. Repeat with opposite hand and continue until failure. You can also reverse the movement so that you are waxing off. Repeat until failure.

Plank Plate Slides (2 count): Move one plate about 1' in front of you, then move opposite hand 1' forward to meet first hand. Then bring one plate back in at a time. Out, out, in, in. Repeat until failure.

Plank Ups: These I didn't make up and they don't require paper plates but are one of my favs! From extended arm plank position you go down to your forearms one arm at a time, then back up to hands one at a time. Continue to failure. Keep your body tight and straight the entire time (no wobbling).

Tips: Stabilize your body weight so that you don't shift during movement. Your body should be stiff as a board. Try not to put pressure on your shoulders but rather tighten your abs and put your mental focus there. While teaching someone these he suggested it felt like skiing, but on your hands.

Advanced: Place feet on a step with 2 or 3 risers so that your body is completely parallel to the floor.

Enjoy the burn!

I have to try those!
The only ones I've seen are Plank ups. The rest I have to experiment.
Thanks!

Cardio rest again today - no complexes. Crazy but my quads are a bit sore from yesterday's complexes! Tomorrow I have a Yoga class and will do another cardio round. I'm starting a new program Sunday!!

Workout: 45 minutes on ArcTrainer, incline 8, resistance 60. I love telling this thing I'm 400lbs and setting the incline to 10 and resistance to 100 (onebreath taught me this). It took everything I have and some sore quads to NOT do this!
Rest, rest.

No "New Earth" today - I was too busy watching political clips from SNL.

Down another pound somehow.

Cardio Saturday - same as Friday's. This past weeks rest was perfect. I dreaded it but it got me back in the routine of steady state cardio. I started my "new" program yesterday and it felt great! The weight seemed a bit heavy after not lifting the previous week but I'm sure some of that was mental. It was a tough workout and I wasn't sure whether to puke or cry at the end, I felt like doing both. Good stuff.

For the next 5 weeks I will be doing the following 4 days a week. I am used to 6 days but I think this will allow me to progress in weight a little. I will add a few days of steady state cardio to keep up with my book "A New Earth"!

Shoulder/Back/Calves
Overhead BB press
Complex (front raise, upright row, press)
Bent over lat raise
Smith plyo presses
Negative pullups - narrow grip
Bent over bb row - I might alternate with Smith so I can pull more weight
Seated cable row
Standing db calf raises - tows in for 2 sets, toes out for 2 sets - always high rep

Quads/Hams/Abs - 1
Smith squats superset frog kicks
One leg step ups - bb
Leg press
Smith glute presses
Ball plank with partner push
Decline crunch with med ball
Supine reverse crunch with med ball

Quads/Hams/Abs - 2
Sumo squats superset frog kicks
One leg step ups - bb
Good mornings
Smith glute presses
Smith bridge
Plank plate ab routine
Hanging windshield (knees bent)

Bicep/Tricep/Chest
BB curl
Preacher curls
Weighted dips
Overhead tri extension
Skull crushers
Incline bb press
Flat smith plyo presses
Incline db flyes

I'm a little behind on posting! Here is Sunday's workout after a week off. Oh, it felt so good to have weights in my hands again!

Warmup - complexes for about 6 mintues

Quads/Hams/Abs

Smith squats, 105lb, 3x10 superset frog kicks, 3x12
One leg step ups - bb, 50lb, 3x10 (last set made it to 9 on the left leg and couldn't squeeze another out)
Leg press, 360lb, 3x10 (last set made it to 8 before I wanted to scream)
Smith glute presses, one leg, 30lbs, 3x12 - these felt great after the presses!
Decline crunch with med ball, 10lb ball, 4x15
Supine reverse crunch with med ball, 8lb ball, nice and slow holding in stretched position, 2x6
Ball plank with partner push, have no idea how long I held these - did 2 sets with onebreath tapping on the ball from all directions

No tabatas or drills. I had a hard time standing up.

Monday's workout:
Warmup with complexes - 6 minutes, had trouble with these - my legs were SORE

Bicep/Tricep/Chest

BB curl, 40lbs, 3x10
Preacher curls, 45lbs, 3x12
Weighted dips, 35lb plate - going up to 45 next time, 3x10
Overhead tri extension, 30lb, 3x10 (failed at rep 8 on 3rd set)
Incline bb press, 65lbs, 3x15 (failed at rep 12, 3rd set)
Flat smith plyo presses, 35lbs, felt heavier than normal, 3x10
Incline db flyes, 10lb db fully extended, 3x10

Punching bag drills for 10 minutes.

Tomorrow is cardio only. I'm actually looking forward to it for once.

Monday's workout:
Warmup with complexes - 6 minutes, had trouble with these - my legs were SORE

Bicep/Tricep/Chest

BB curl, 40lbs, 3x10
Preacher curls, 45lbs, 3x12
Weighted dips, 35lb plate - going up to 45 next time, 3x10
Overhead tri extension, 30lb, 3x10 (failed at rep 8 on 3rd set)
Incline bb press, 65lbs, 3x15 (failed at rep 12, 3rd set)
Flat smith plyo presses, 35lbs, felt heavier than normal, 3x10
Incline db flyes, 10lb db fully extended, 3x10

Punching bag drills for 10 minutes.

Tomorrow is cardio only. I'm actually looking forward to it for once.

What is a plyo press?

Boxing training is seriously tough isn't it. 3 min of punching sets me on my butt.

Top Bottom