Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

lol..imagine him walking in and seeing the whole situation. his first thought is prbly WTF?!?!

lmao!!lolol;)

Complexes for 15 minutes! It felt amazing. Used 45lb bar as usual. These are done at a steady 2 count pace (each movement is two counts). After some practice you can get nice and fluid with these.

Complex 1 - 4 x 4
RDL, power clean press, good morning, squat press, SLDL, row

Complex 2 - 4 x 5
SLDL, row right into a power clean press, front loaded squat (glutes to calves), RDL (glutes to calves).

**1 rep includes 1 entire complex

45 minutes treadmill preset cardio program - today, after the complexes my heart rate stayed around 150. Incline 15%, Speed 3.4

Abs - 50 plank plate slides, 40 plank side swipes, 25 plank plate slides 2 count.

________________________ more importantly...

I had a great ah ha moment while listening to "A New Earth", Tolle spoke a lot about being present with your children and how that is the #1 thing you can do. Truly be in the present moment with them. Not preoocupied with other tasks or activities but simply focusing all of your thoughts to the child. Even if it is just watching them play. When thoughts come to mind outside of your child - put them to the side. Address them later. Granted we may not be able to do this 100% of the time, but if you make time each day to do this and do it often, your relationship and bond with your child grows two fold. Simply be in the present - it is the most blissful place to be. I am practicing it today....too often I get caught up on work and other activities when I should be focusing on my son. I find that in these moments of being present our bond is stronger than ever and it is the happiest place to be. I think I have finally learned the secret of the paternal-like bond that my son has with his father. He is always in the present. And, when he isn't - I can tell the difference in my son. They know when you are truly listening and giving them attention. They know. Ah ha.

Very cool log. You are one strong chica. I like the complexes. Aren't they just puketastic? lol. Do you do Tabatas too?

My heart explodes with complexes. I start just about every workout with them - typically 10 minutes. I used to stack 20lbs on the bar and do them but I started getting too thick. I cut back to just the bar and it works great! Although, I wanted to add weight today BAD. Tabatas are a staple too. I've used them with weight - choose a single exercise like cleans or power presses and go at it. Sometimes when I can't do anymore complexes with power presses I do a tabata with power cleans or roman deads. I also use tabatas for boxing drills and jump rope at the end of every workout. One of my favorites is jump rope 40 sec and do plate crunches (feet on two paper plates, in push up position, and pull them into my chest) for 20sec. Typically 8 rounds or so. If you don't feel like you're going to puke, go at it again.

Complexes for 15 minutes! It felt amazing. Used 45lb bar as usual. These are done at a steady 2 count pace (each movement is two counts). After some practice you can get nice and fluid with these.

Complex 1 - 4 x 4
RDL, power clean press, good morning, squat press, SLDL, row

Complex 2 - 4 x 5
SLDL, row right into a power clean press, front loaded squat (glutes to calves), RDL (glutes to calves).

**1 rep includes 1 entire complex

45 minutes treadmill preset cardio program - today, after the complexes my heart rate stayed around 150. Incline 15%, Speed 3.4

Abs - 50 plank plate slides, 40 plank side swipes, 25 plank plate slides 2 count.

________________________ more importantly...

I had a great ah ha moment while listening to "A New Earth", Tolle spoke a lot about being present with your children and how that is the #1 thing you can do. Truly be in the present moment with them. Not preoocupied with other tasks or activities but simply focusing all of your thoughts to the child. Even if it is just watching them play. When thoughts come to mind outside of your child - put them to the side. Address them later. Granted we may not be able to do this 100% of the time, but if you make time each day to do this and do it often, your relationship and bond with your child grows two fold. Simply be in the present - it is the most blissful place to be. I am practicing it today....too often I get caught up on work and other activities when I should be focusing on my son. I find that in these moments of being present our bond is stronger than ever and it is the happiest place to be. I think I have finally learned the secret of the paternal-like bond that my son has with his father. He is always in the present. And, when he isn't - I can tell the difference in my son. They know when you are truly listening and giving them attention. They know. Ah ha.

I'm trying to understand some of the movements. I believe the complexes you explained in LG's log, is that right?
Babata's; what are those? and 50 plates slides; 40 plates slides, I'm also having a hard time understanding how to do those. I'd love to know how they're done. Thank you! and thank you for posting these workouts! I'm defenitely learning something new..

I'm trying to understand some of the movements. I believe the complexes you explained in LG's log, is that right?
Babata's; what are those? and 50 plates slides; 40 plates slides, I'm also having a hard time understanding how to do those. I'd love to know how they're done. Thank you! and thank you for posting these workouts! I'm defenitely learning something new..
Hey lady! I've got a full day and am heading out the door but tonight I'll post up some instructions. I have a lot of made up movements!! I'll talk about tabata's too!!

Yes, the complexes are the ones I wrote about in LG''s journal. I hope to get a video posted soon of those so that you guys can see the fluidity and intensity that they are done at. I also realize it is going to be very hard for me to explain the plate exercises so I will do my best and hope that this weekend I can tape them for you to see. See next post.

Tabata is the name of a Japanese researcher who discovered a way to increase both anaerobic and aerobic pathways at the same time.

Why Tabatas: Tabatas performed in the manner outlined below increases VO2max in a very short amount of time. They also teach you the mental focus needed to push and reach fitness goals. Not to mention, they are a heart pumping and sweat happy thrill to do!

Program: For 20 seconds do as many reps as possible. Rest for 10 seconds. Repeat for a total of 8 intervals. Tabatas last a total of 4 minutes. I like to perform these best at the end of a lifting routine.

Equipment: A interval timer is needed to ensure you are performing 20/10 second intervals. I recommend either Gymboss Interval Timer: perfect for workouts : improves your body for life OR if you have an iPhone download an application called UltraTimer.

Excercies: The best options are excercises that use a large number of muscles OR are high intensity. You can perform weighted excerices, body weight excercises, explosive movements, or any cardio.

weighted - squats, front squats, dead lifts, cleans
body weighted - pushups, pullups
explosive - jump squats, burpees, jump lunges
cardio - jump rope, stationary bike, sprints, rowing machine, boxing drills

Goal: Get as many reps in as possible for the 20 seconds. It might be 8, it might be 15. Go as hard as you can.

Progression: Use the lowest rep number of any of the eight sets as your measurement to compare workout to workout. Constantly work to beat it. If doing cardio measure your distance (jump rope count jumps, boxing count punches or kicks).

Advanced Options: You can chose to "work" during your 10 second rest. Work in this case would be something that would bring your heart rate down just a tad but continue to require endurance.

Some work/rest examples are -planks, ab movements (I like plate movements for these), bob and weaves.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Set that timer and go!

[/FONT]

Top Bottom