Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

I have a sprained ankle :worried:

Argh...no cardio this morning but I'm heading out to do shoulders and arms - tring to stay off my foot. Hopefully after a full epsom soak I'll be all better!

I do have a confession to make. This past Friday I was CRAVING Wendy's burger and fries. Yep, and fries. Now, I never eat fast food unless it is dyer emergency. I even teach my son that it has germs in it - lol. So I pulled myself right into the lot and decided to go in and wait in line. I figured this would give me time to stew about my decision. As I stood there I could smell the grease and the pictures on the menu looked terrible. I kept thinking if it is fries that I want I should just make them myself. I stepped up to the lovely, very nice lady (lol) and order a baked potato and chili.

All be it I had a extreme carb load, I at least saved myself from the saturated fat and high calorie meal that I had planned. No more Wendy's.

Lesson is - if you are craving something, stew on it a bit. Pause. Be aware of what it is that you want and why you want it. And, if it happens to be fast food - don't go through the drive-thru. Typically people pull up and order out of habit. They don't even think about what they are ordering - combo #1, small, diet coke please. Like a small is going to do you any good! Go in and stand in line. I think you might change your mind.

hahahaha, good thing there was a line!!!

epsom salt baths are awesome.

lol, awesome!

and you cant be both! you'd have to lean towards one or the other a little more. for me it was hard to decide between F or T when i read their profiles, but i was more F than T. then i did the online assessment. same results as the book.ENFP.
I leaned a tad more towards INFP. I don't have my scores - just my outcome where the instructor highlighted both and wrote "odd". Sums it up I guess. I should do it again, that was a good 8 years ago!

Usually all it takes for me not to order is to look at all the people who go in to the fast food place. It may be mean but I ask myself if that is what I want to look like.

1+:verygood:

Usually all it takes for me not to order is to look at all the people who go in to the fast food place. It may be mean but I ask myself if that is what I want to look like.
I have another confession. I typically shop the perimeters of the grocery store, unless I need rice or spices. Monday while there all I could do was look at all the people down the aisles. A friend of mine told me if she see's someone who is fit she always looks in their cart to see what they have! I could see these people (overweight - and not by any small means) staring at food labels. I wanted to help them so badly. I could see them looking in my cart and I was hoping they would learn something.

I felt terrible noticing this, I am no better than they. They have the same potential. It is just a matter of getting through the hype of consumerism (100 calorie pack snacks! A healthy way to snack! - LOL)

I have another confession. I typically shop the perimeters of the grocery store, unless I need rice or spices. Monday while there all I could do was look at all the people down the aisles. A friend of mine told me if she see's someone who is fit she always looks in their cart to see what they have! I could see these people (overweight - and not by any small means) staring at food labels. I wanted to help them so badly. I could see them looking in my cart and I was hoping they would learn something.

I felt terrible noticing this, I am no better than they. They have the same potential. It is just a matter of getting through the hype of consumerism (100 calorie pack snacks! A healthy way to snack! - LOL)

Yeah, its a shame. If people shop for "healthy" foods based on what is promoted on the food labels, they are destined to stay overweight.

Did you pick up any fat free Chocolate Syrup? Fat Free chocolate syrup won't make you fat at all!

I had a workshop not too long ago (I can't recall the topic) and I asked the attendees to bring a healthy snack to enjoy. Oh my. Was that a learning experience! Lots of packages.

I also understand their desire to grab things and go. Eating whole foods is a huge lifestyle change and is so overwhelming for some.

hey girl gotta a question for ya.

i was just wondering, i don't even know if it matters but while doing triceps extensions:french Presses: do you keep my forearm and wrist straight when the bar is on the top of your head(the lower part of the movement) or should the wrists be bent at this point, creating an "L" or claw shape with the forearm and wrist? Which hit's the tri's best?

when i do Triceps Extensions i hold a straight barbell overhead while lying on a bench, I keep my upper arms still and flex only at the elbows when lowering the bar to the back of my forehead.

hey girl gotta a question for ya.

i was just wondering, i don't even know if it matters but while doing triceps extensions:french Presses: do you keep my forearm and wrist straight when the bar is on the top of your head(the lower part of the movement) or should the wrists be bent at this point, creating an "L" or claw shape with the forearm and wrist? Which hit's the tri's best?

when i do Triceps Extensions i hold a straight barbell overhead while lying on a bench, I keep my upper arms still and flex only at the elbows when lowering the bar to the back of my forehead.

Thats a good question. I sometimes find myself doing both trying to make that mind muscle connection. Sometimes that "claw" grip will make me feel it in my tricep more.

IW, educate us!

Thats a good question. I sometimes find myself doing both trying to make that mind muscle connection. Sometimes that "claw" grip will make me feel it in my tricep more.

IW, educate us!
Oh guys...no the wrist should be completely straight - this keeps the focus on the tricep. When you are lowering the bar you are working the entire tricep and when you press back up you are focusing on the lateral head that helps create the "U" shape everyone is after. If you bend the wrist what you are feeling is a stretch between the long head of the tricep and the pronator teres (I think that is the name). The pronator is the muscle that connects your upper arm bone (humerus) and your forearm bone (ulna). This is extremely easy to tear - it works very much like a tendon to help straigten your arm and bend your elbow. So that feel good stretch could so easily cause more harm than good.

Not to mention - if you are able to "curl" your wrist at the end and then straighten it - you probably don't have enough weight on your tricpes ;-) Just sayin.

Keep those wrists nice and strong.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/triceps.htm#1

Top Bottom