Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

IW, here is an oatmeal recipe. You can try it for variety and if you still don't like it, then you don't.

1/3 cup of steel cut oatmeal (I eat Coach's oats, which I think is the best, but McAnn's can do)NO quaker please!
1 cup of water.
1/4 tsp of salt.
1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
5 cloves.
Dash of fresh nutmeg.
Stevia to taste.

Bring to a boil and add oats. lower the fire and stir frequently till you get the desired consistency. I believe everything should be customized to the individual b/c we all have different taste. If there are other spices that you like, you can substitute or add. I'm always changing the spices. Let me know how that goes.

That sounds really good!...color me stupid, but what is Stevia?? I'm assuming a sweetener, but I've only used splenda...any pros or cons to stevia??

That sounds really good!...color me stupid, but what is Stevia?? I'm assuming a sweetener, but I've only used splenda...any pros or cons to stevia??

Stevia is natural sugar. It comes from a plant from Peru. It has a bit of an after taste like anything else, which you have to get used to it, but once you do, there's nothing better.

Stevia is natural sugar. It comes from a plant from Peru. It has a bit of an after taste like anything else, which you have to get used to it, but once you do, there's nothing better.

I also agree!! I started using stevia about 2 months ago and love it. I used to use splenda all the time and now I can't even stand the taste of it.
If you have a local co-op~ they carry it in their bulk section. I buy the pure so you use just a "tiny" amount. Pricy but worth it!!(IMO)

Any carbs like sugar or is a "carb free" sweetener??...now I'm gonna have to google it to answer my own question!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Any carbs like sugar or is a "carb free" sweetener??...now I'm gonna have to google it to answer my own question!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The only thing that's totally free of anything is water.
Stevia has less the 1g of carbs per package. Barely nothing!

Onebreath and I were making protein bars Sunday night from a recipe in needto's Anabolic Kitchen. It called for Stevia Blend. Haven't been able to find it anywhere but it sounded much more interesting than Stevia (which I don't like the taste of - and really haven't used any sugar in ages - real or substitute).

Needto gave me a link: Stevia Blends @ Steviva Brand Stevia and Stevioside

He says this product holds together much better during cooking/baking because it is granular like sugar. Thought I'd share for those of you who cook with it!

Never tried oats in the crockpot. Is the consistency different? taste?

it would be MUCH more broken down and 'mushy'

crock pot cooking very much breaks down food almost like "pre digestion"

makes food, ESPECIALLY proteins much more user friendly and GI tract comfortable

:)

it would be MUCH more broken down and 'mushy'

crock pot cooking very much breaks down food almost like "pre digestion"

makes food, ESPECIALLY proteins much more user friendly and GI tract comfortable

:)

Thanks,Omega!
I'll try that for variaty. Hmm, maybe I'll try cooking beef in it.

Quick update - still going at it with fasted cardio in the mornings 7 days and 4 evening strength sessions. I'm taking it easy but have found a few exercises that I can do effectively so I am simply focusing on those: bicep curls, cable curls, skull crushers, bent over rows, rack deads, leg press with different foot positions, good mornings, quad extensions, ham curls, smith glute bridge. Pretty basic stuff. Hit another record on Sunday with leg press @ 540lb + 150lb sled. I think that was after 6 sets working my way up in weight. Of course, I only pressed it twice and onebreath had to save me on the third. I have to stop this nonsense. I in no way need larger quads.

I stopped taking Flame and Stim this week. I have been a bit nausaes in the mornings lately and I think it is from popping so many pills first thing. I've now spread out my drugs ;-) throughout the day and I'm feeling much better. I hope to return to using Flame/Stim in a few weeks.

Diet is on track again with macros (except my protein has been a little low lately) and my water consumption is up (how are you doing Thandie?). Weight is the same at 129.

This is motivation. I'm only 200lbs ahead of you at 9 reps. I can't let you catch up. It would be emasculating :(

Top Bottom