Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

I absolutely ALWAYS have trouble getting my water in. It is a conscious effort and I certainly need to do a better job! I aim for 100 - 130oz a day but I bet I average 75 or so on a good day. I tell you what - that will be my goal for the week. I'll let you know how I do...

Ok deal!
I'll challenge myself as well because i've been slacking and I need to start with a gallon. Let's make it plain, no stuff in it, maybe some lemon and we'll keep each other on check.

IW, here is an oatmeal recipe. You can try it for variety and if you still don't like it, then you don't.

1/3 cup of steel cut oatmeal (I eat Coach's oats, which I think is the best, but McAnn's can do)NO quaker please!
1 cup of water.
1/4 tsp of salt.
1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
5 cloves.
Dash of fresh nutmeg.
Stevia to taste.

Bring to a boil and add oats. lower the fire and stir frequently till you get the desired consistency. I believe everything should be customized to the individual b/c we all have different taste. If there are other spices that you like, you can substitute or add. I'm always changing the spices. Let me know how that goes.

Steel cut oats are the BEST!! More nutty of a flavor and a chewier consistency.
I like to make mine in the crockpot overnight so they are ready in the morning.
Add some diced apple or frozen peaches if you like. Yummm

IW, here is an oatmeal recipe. You can try it for variety and if you still don't like it, then you don't.

1/3 cup of steel cut oatmeal (I eat Coach's oats, which I think is the best, but McAnn's can do)NO quaker please!
1 cup of water.
1/4 tsp of salt.
1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
5 cloves.
Dash of fresh nutmeg.
Stevia to taste.

Bring to a boil and add oats. lower the fire and stir frequently till you get the desired consistency. I believe everything should be customized to the individual b/c we all have different taste. If there are other spices that you like, you can substitute or add. I'm always changing the spices. Let me know how that goes.
I'll try this. Yes, steel cut are the best - I just gave mine away a few weeks ago. It isn't the taste that I don't like, it is the texture.

I'll give this a go - I had been making my plain jane with a few blueberries added. I'll try the crockpot too - I assume you just add a cup of water to 1/3 cup oats?

1 C steel cut oats to 4 C water in the crockpot. Cook on low overnight.

Never tried oats in the crockpot. Is the consistency different? taste?

Ok, I sucked on the water yesterday and wind up having 10 Medjool dates as a cheat. My excuse was that I reached my desired weight and have to be careful from now on, so I wanted to be bad once more. Shit that put me at 400g carbs..
However, today I'll do my 100% best to drink a gallon.

Never tried oats in the crockpot. Is the consistency different? taste?

To me it's the same. I'd rather put it all in the crockpot and have it ready in the morning for me. It's so easy. The leftovers can easily be packed up.
I did make it on the stovetop this morning and wouldn't ya know...I forgot about it and it overflowed:mad: I hate when that happens.

Ok, I sucked on the water yesterday and wind up having 10 Medjool dates as a cheat. My excuse was that I reached my desired weight and have to be careful from now on, so I wanted to be bad once more. Shit that put me at 400g carbs..
However, today I'll do my 100% best to drink a gallon.
LOL - you certainly deserve the cheat. I didn't get anywhere near a gallon yesterday and I'm not doing very good today either. I better go get some now ;-)

Top Bottom