Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

I moved this past weekend but somehow made the time to get my leg workout in on Sunday! 11.9Warmup - complexes of course! 3 rounds like usual but this time my hams were screaming at me (I assume from the move). I sucked it up and went to work -

Quads/Hams/Abs

Smith sumo squats, 110lb, 2x15, 1x11 (previous was 12 reps) superset frog kicks, 3x12
One leg step ups - bb, 60lb, 3x15 (I have been calculating my weight incorrectly. It had been 50lbs and now 60lbs)
Good mornings - body parallel to the floor, 60lbs, 3x15
Smith glute presses, one leg, 40lbs, 2x15, 1x12
Smith bridge, one leg, 40lbs, 3x12

The step ups kicked my a@# - I went up to 15 reps instead of 12 and up 10lbs. Yes!!

11.10 - hour of fasted cardio - treadmill incline 12, speed 3.4

This week I have a CRAZY schedule, jammed packed. We'll see how I do ;)
Forgot about those leg presses - I guess my mind wanted to ignore the fact that I did them! My legs certainly haven't forgot!

270lbs - 15 reps
360lbs - 10 reps
360lbs - 11 reps (thanks for the spot onebreath!)

Forgot about those leg presses - I guess my mind wanted to ignore the fact that I did them! My legs certainly haven't forgot!

270lbs - 15 reps
360lbs - 10 reps
360lbs - 11 reps (thanks for the spot onebreath!)

Those quads are looking good. Thats a lot of weight for your size.

45 minute fasted cardio in a.m. - treadmill, incline 10, speed 3.4, hr 148

warmup - 2 sets of 8 rep complexes

Shoulders/Abs

Overhead BB press: 65lbs, 1x12, 1x10
Complex (front raise, upright row, press): 20lb bar, 1x15, 2x10
Bent over lat raise: 10lb dbs, 3x15 (previous 3x12)
Face pulls: 40lb, 2x15
Smith bar throws: 35lbs, 1x15, 2x12

Notes: I'm not getting anywhere on overhead BB presses. Each week they feel heavier. I killed bent over lat raise! Went up to 15 reps each set. I'll have to increase in weight. This is extremely exiting for me because this has always been a weak point for me. I remember not that long ago I was struggling to get 5lb db up! I added Face pulls today to work my rear delts more, but of course by doing this my Smith bar throws suffered.On each set the last couple of reps barely left my hands. I'm usually throwing these up like nothing.

This workout usually takes me just right at an hour. Today I only had 45 minutes and got through it. Even with the added face pulls. I didn't have time for abs like usual though. I'll have to hit those on bi/tri day to make up for it.

Be good...

Have you thought about doing negatives for a few weeks to help increase strength on lifts?

Also have you thought about perhaps incorporating weighted dips and/or super-setting with push-ups to help break through the barrier?

Admittedly I have not read all the posts on this thread so if you are already doing this stuff or if anyone has made the suggestiong, I do apologize.
Thanks girl for the advice. I've used negatives a lot in the past and to the advantage - static holds seem to work for me too. Two weeks ago I felt really strong with these and wanted to go up in weight but would need a spot. I think maybe my fear of dropping the bar on my head is keeping me from progressing. I have one more week on this program so I think I'll give it a go one more time (maybe find a spotter). I will definitely being doing something different next go round - I like the pushup idea. I do these on back days with rows (push up position and db row one side, pushup, and row on the other side) now that I've separated back and shoulder day this might be a good add.Weighted dips are part of my tri day - I keep progressing with those.

I really think it must be the fear. Sometimes when I get that last one up I have to shuffle on my feet to hold it, scares the begeebies out of me. Regardless, I should be sore and I'm not. Argh....

Smashed my numbers today! All reps to failure -

For some reason I felt like doing some cardio as soon as I got to the gym - 30 minutes on treadmill at 15% incline, speed 3.5. No complexes today :-(

Bicep/Tricep

BB curl, 45lbs, 1x15,1x11,1x9 (prev. 40lbs)
Preacher curls, 55lbs, 1x15,1x10,1x12 (prev. 45lbs)
Weighted dips, 45lb plate - 2x15,1x12 (went up in reps)
Overhead tri extension - with bar all the way to the back of the neck, 30lb, 2x12, 1x13 (went up in reps)
Skull Crushers, 30lbs 2x20, 1x18 (prev. 20lbs 2x20)

30 more minutes on treadmill at 6% incline, speed 3.4

Very good morning!! I'm running a little behind this week. I have been so tight and sore all over - particularly my legs - so I took Tues/Wed off from weights. I think my move this past weekend just maxed out my legs. I'll hit back/abs tomorrow and legs on Sunday.

You guys have a great weekend!

11.15 Back

Warmup: complexes

Pullups, Negative, Narrow underhand grip: 5 - extreme slow hold
BB Rows: 65lbs, 1x15,1x13,1x12
Rack Deadlifts (from knee): 115lbs x 15, 135lbs x 17, 155lbs x 15
Hyper extensions: Hands behind head, arching back, count of 8 up count of 8 down, 2x10,1x7

Hit a PR with Rack deads - 115lb was my last highest weight! Did 30 minutes on the treadmill after the workout.:p

11.16 Quads/Hams/Glutes - progressed in everything

Sumo squats from 2 benches: 65lb db x 15, 70lb db x 15, 75lb db x 10
One leg step ups: 60lb bb, 1x15, 1x11, 1x12 (with spot)
Good mornings: 70lb bb, 3x15
Smythe glute press: 35lb, 3x15
Smythe one leg bridge: 35lb, 3x15

On the Sumo squats I was going db almost to the floor. I'm not sure I've explained these before but I swear by them and they are by far my favorite exercise. You set two benches side by side and stand one foot on each bench with feet turned out. Before getting set up in this position grab your weight and strap the db to yourself (holding it with both hands at one end). Once you are up on the bench and in position you squat straight down letting the db go past the bench. Work your way to getting it closer and closer to the floor without sacrificing form (back straight).

I had to have a spot on the step ups. After the sumo's I was out! I made it through though going up in weight. Everything else was smooth sailing after that!

The workout was tough overall because I worked back on Saturday. There were several times that my back couldn't take anymore rather than my hams (as in the case with the step ups).

I am feeling overly sore and simply tired today (Monday). I walked on the treadmill this morning for 40 minutes (running behind) on an incline of 6, speed 3.0. I was slow going!

Well ladies and gents. This concludes my program. By cutting back to 5 training days I was able to progress in strength and lose a little body fat. If I remember correctly I started at 132 - 134lbs and now am at 129lbs. The first time I've broke 130 in two years. The last time I did was due to not eating and I looked freakish. I look much healthier now and have learned I can be a much lower weight without being bony.

I'm taking some time off and will start DC training in January - Alcatraz and I will be starting a journal together to record our training.

I will be focusing on cardio as much as possible and diet over the next month. My goals for the coming month are to retain my muscle mass and lose 1% body fat. Nothing to drastic, I want to cruise for a bit and listen to my body. Onebreath and I are working on a very specific regimen/diet for me and I will share the details and how I progress as the month goes on. I may lift a little during this time but it will not be a main focus.

I'll also take stats sometime this week and post those and then again at the end of December. Keep me true to my word :verygood:

Hope everyone has an awesome day!!

Well ladies and gents. This concludes my program. By cutting back to 5 training days I was able to progress in strength and lose a little body fat. If I remember correctly I started at 132 - 134lbs and now am at 129lbs. The first time I've broke 130 in two years. The last time I did was due to not eating and I looked freakish. I look much healthier now and have learned I can be a much lower weight without being bony.

I'm taking some time off and will start DC training in January - Alcatraz and I will be starting a journal together to record our training.

I will be focusing on cardio as much as possible and diet over the next month. My goals for the coming month are to retain my muscle mass and lose 1% body fat. Nothing to drastic, I want to cruise for a bit and listen to my body. Onebreath and I are working on a very specific regimen/diet for me and I will share the details and how I progress as the month goes on. I may lift a little during this time but it will not be a main focus.

I'll also take stats sometime this week and post those and then again at the end of December. Keep me true to my word :verygood:

Hope everyone has an awesome day!!

You've lost lost weight and developed traps i'm jealous of!

Top Bottom