Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

Couldn't warmup with complexes today - my hams and glutes are screaming. I did 10 reps of hang clean presses with the bar (45lb).

As I mentioned before I was thinking about doing back on a separate day. Today I focused on shoulders and it was perfect. Tomorrow I will do back and calves. I was even able to get in a 20 minute fast paced walk after lifting. (I had hoped to do a tabata but my legs are fried). I'm working on putting together an ab routine that I will do on shoulder and back day. I need to be more consistant in my approach to abs!

Shoulder

Overhead BB press: 65lbs, 2x12, 1x10
Complex (front raise, upright row, press): 20lb bar, 2x12, 1x7
Bent over lat raise: 10lb dbs, 3x10
Smith bar throws: 35lbs, 2x12, 1x9
Plate ab routines (approximately 150)

Thanks to southernlords shoulder stretch I was able to put my hands on my steering wheel with no problem!

I'm already looking forward to DC training in January. I'm soaking in onebreath's and thandie's journal to learn the ropes. It will be a welcome change to the high volume.

11.1 Back and Abs

Warmup: 8 minutes complexes

Negative narrow grip pullup: 8, bodyweight
Barbell row: 65lbs, 3x12
Rack deads: 65lbs x 15, 75lbs x 15, 85lbs x 15
Slow hyper extensions: 2x12
Ball planks (feet on the ball) 3x 1 minute holds
Ball plank with hands on med ball 2 x 45 sec holds
Choppers with 10lb med ball

I like having back separate. It gave me plenty of time to get in abs and I didn't feel like I was trying to beat the clock.

11.2 Quads/Hams/Glutes

I had an off day - started with complexes and couldn't get through them. Everything on me hurt.

After sitting for a bit and taking more fluid in, I was ready to go.

Sumo squats from 2 benches: 60lb db, 3x15
One leg step ups: 40lb bb, 3x15
Good mornings: 60lb bb, 3x15
Smythe glute press: 35lb, 1x15, 1x10 - to failure each time
Smythe one leg bridge: 35lb, 3x15

30 minute treadmill walk - heart rate 140 - incline 10, speed 3.4 (I guess the lifting had my heart rate up sky high - to keep my rate at 140 it typically takes incline 15 at speed 3.6)

**With back and shoulders being on separate days now - and those being the days that I will add abs - my new schedule will be:

Day 1 - legs
Day 2 - shoulders, abs
Day 3 - bicep, tricep, chest
Day 4 - legs
Day 5 - back, abs

I'm glad these two training days are behind me. I am having a harder time recovering lately and I am sore all over. Terribly so.

Hey girl,

You are looking good! I'm loving your work outs, like how you switch them around.
Question:

What's a Smythe glute press & Smythe one leg bridge?
Like ebony I did a search on youtube, I couldn't find anything.

Hey girl,

You are looking good! I'm loving your work outs, like how you switch them around.
Question:

She'll do a better job at explaining them but its what she does that makes the little high school football players at the gym drop their jaws. They seem so mesmerized that they don't even try to hide the fact that they are blatantly staring at her LOL.

She'll do a better job at explaining them but its what she does that makes the little high school football players at the gym drop their jaws. They seem so mesmerized that they don't even try to hide the fact that they are blatantly staring at her LOL.

ahaha

good stuff :)

Hey girl,

Question:

Very funny Onebreath - I think they were in awe of how much sweat was dripping from me. I would imagine they have never seen a girl sweat so much!

Smith Glute Presses (I even have some of the guys in HARDCORE doing these ;-)

Take the Smith bar all the way down to the base. Kneel in front of it and place one foot under the bar mid ways. (You may want some adding under your resting knee). Raise the bar up as you would in doing a non weight glute press (you know, flexed foot to the ceiling). The key to these is that in order for the bar to not hook you have to keep your foot completely flexed (ensuring you have perfect form). It also used more stabilizer muscles than those crazy machines. You get a little extra workout from lifting the bar all the way up from the floor and then back down all the way when you are done (oh, feel those hams burn).

Smith Bridges

Place the bar at a position that you can reach it with your foot from a laying position on the floor. Lay on the floor with your hips directly under the bar. Place one foot under the bar and one foot on the ground (just like a normal bridge exercise). Unhook the bar using your foot (this is easier than it sounds). Then keeping your foot completely flexed and knee straight use the foot on the floor to press your glutes/hips in a upward thrusting motion (your foot on the bar will go up - thus adding the weight to the bridge). Keep your weight in your heel of the foot that is on the ground, you should be able to wiggle your toes at any time. Your leg that is straight and lifting the bar just follows the hop movement. This is great for the outer glute.

The glutes are a tough areas for me (I have a j-lo a@#) and these work wonders in keeping it hard (well, it would be harder if I were at a lower body fat %!). Give them a try - don't worry about what you look like - just know you'll like the look of your rear when your done!

Wow- your workouts amaze me more & more everytime I read your journal!
Your awesome girl! And you look fantastic!!

Good job! :)

Wow..I like it, It sounds very challenging.
I got the second one- however, I'm still a bit confused on the first one. I'm gonna give it a try on thursday, i'll let you know how it goes.
Thank you darlin'

Very funny Onebreath - I think they were in awe of how much sweat was dripping from me. I would imagine they have never seen a girl sweat so much!

Smith Glute Presses (I even have some of the guys in HARDCORE doing these ;-)

Take the Smith bar all the way down to the base. Kneel in front of it and place one foot under the bar mid ways. (You may want some adding under your resting knee). Raise the bar up as you would in doing a non weight glute press (you know, flexed foot to the ceiling). The key to these is that in order for the bar to not hook you have to keep your foot completely flexed (ensuring you have perfect form). It also used more stabilizer muscles than those crazy machines. You get a little extra workout from lifting the bar all the way up from the floor and then back down all the way when you are done (oh, feel those hams burn).

Smith Bridges

Place the bar at a position that you can reach it with your foot from a laying position on the floor. Lay on the floor with your hips directly under the bar. Place one foot under the bar and one foot on the ground (just like a normal bridge exercise). Unhook the bar using your foot (this is easier than it sounds). Then keeping your foot completely flexed and knee straight use the foot on the floor to press your glutes/hips in a upward thrusting motion (your foot on the bar will go up - thus adding the weight to the bridge). Keep your weight in your heel of the foot that is on the ground, you should be able to wiggle your toes at any time. Your leg that is straight and lifting the bar just follows the hop movement. This is great for the outer glute.

The glutes are a tough areas for me (I have a j-lo a@#) and these work wonders in keeping it hard (well, it would be harder if I were at a lower body fat %!). Give them a try - don't worry about what you look like - just know you'll like the look of your rear when your done!

Wow..I like it, It sounds very challenging.
I got the second one- however, I'm still a bit confused on the first one. I'm gonna give it a try on thursday, i'll let you know how it goes.
Thank you darlin'

For this first one here is the starting position:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2002/glutekickback1s.jpg

and here is the ending position:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2002/glutekickback2s.jpg

Now just imagine doing this but pushing up the smythe bar. Ironwings' glute POPS bigtime when she does these, thus the highschoolers drooling :)

princesa - for the first one - just think about old timey aerobic glute presses. The kind where the instructor would have you get on all fours and raise one leg (bent knee) towards the ceiling in little pulses = LOL. Give it a go and let me know how it goes.

Morning fasted cardio - treadmill, 60 minutes, incline 10, speed 3.5

Afternoon cardio - treadmill, 45 minutes, incline 6, speed 3.4

(I had cheesecake this past weekend = more cardio this week!) :p

Shoulders/Abs
Overhead BB press: 65lbs, 2x12, 1x9
Complex (front raise, upright row, press): 20lb bar, 2x12, 1x10
Bent over lat raise: 10lb dbs, 3x12 (screaming on these this morning)
Smith plyo presses: 35lbs, 1x15, 1x13, 1x11 (to failure on each)
Ball Planks (feet on ball): 2 holds for 45 sec each
Ball Planks with hands on med ball: 2 holds, 30 seconds each
Choppers: 3 sets of 15 with 10lb med ball

30 minute treadmill walk - speed 3.2, incline 6

Election day! Please go vote!!!!

Top Bottom