Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

10.28Warmup:Complexes - 2 sets complex 1, 2 sets complex 2 as listed in previous workout

Bicep/Tricep/Chest

BB curl, 40lbs, 3x12
Preacher curls, 45lbs, 3x10
Weighted dips, 45lb plate - 1x12, 1x10, 1x6
Overhead tri extension, 30lb, 3x12 (failed at rep 6 on 3rd set)
Skull Crushers, 20lbs 3x20
Incline bb press, 45lbs 1x15, 65lbs 2x8 (I struggled with these today)
Smith bar throws - Chest, 35lbs, 2x12, 1x10
Incline db flyes, 10lb db fully extended, 2x12, 1x9
- Tried a few narrow underhanded grip bar throws - I like!

Treadmill walk - 30 minutes, incline 14, speed 3.6 (heart rate average = 138)

I didn't take Lipoflame as usual this morning and I could tell a huge difference in my intensity. I struggled through all of my sets. Glutes are still killing me from Sunday's workout. I'm not sure who was worse - onebreath or I. We both were limping around like hurt dogs.

No throwing up today. I was smart enough that when I started to feel too hot I took off my tank. That was around the bar throws.

If I have time this afternoon I may go back for a good 45 minutes cardio session or maybe some kickboxing drills if the studio is open.

10.28Warmup:Complexes - 2 sets complex 1, 2 sets complex 2 as listed in previous workout

Bicep/Tricep/Chest

BB curl, 40lbs, 3x12
Preacher curls, 45lbs, 3x10
Weighted dips, 45lb plate - 1x12, 1x10, 1x6
Overhead tri extension, 30lb, 3x12 (failed at rep 6 on 3rd set)
Skull Crushers, 20lbs 3x20
Incline bb press, 45lbs 1x15, 65lbs 2x8 (I struggled with these today)
Smith bar throws - Chest, 35lbs, 2x12, 1x10
Incline db flyes, 10lb db fully extended, 2x12, 1x9
- Tried a few narrow underhanded grip bar throws - I like!

Treadmill walk - 30 minutes, incline 14, speed 3.6 (heart rate average = 138)

I didn't take Lipoflame as usual this morning and I could tell a huge difference in my intensity. I struggled through all of my sets. Glutes are still killing me from Sunday's workout. I'm not sure who was worse - onebreath or I. We both were limping around like hurt dogs.

No throwing up today. I was smart enough that when I started to feel too hot I took off my tank. That was around the bar throws.

If I have time this afternoon I may go back for a good 45 minutes cardio session or maybe some kickboxing drills if the studio is open.

I'm waiting for my lipostim2. Is the lipoflame an appetite supresant? I.m hoping the liposteam is not. I need to eat my food and I don't believe on not eating to lose weight.

BTW, I'm impressed with the weighted dips. I'm just about using my body weight. Can I atribute that to the fact that I'm older?.......... NAH!

I take Lipostim each morning and Lipoflame before my workouts. I don't find either to be a suppressant but I may not be your best judge at that. I am on another medication that has a side effect of supressed appetite. I've learned to eat for fuel rather than when hunry. Stim works very slowly for sustained energy and focus while flame is just that - oh! It starts working immediately and has helped increase the intensity of my workouts like crazy without realizing! I have to take it no more than 15 - 30 minutes before my workout or I'm going crazy. If you chose to do flame - start slowly. The recommended dosage is 4 - it took me a couple of weeks to work up to that. I have to say since I've been taking Flame (started it before stim) I have lost 4% bodyfat. I've been watching my diet more closely as well but the intensity of my workouts on flame has propelled me to the next level.

Which btw - I forgot to note this in my journal entry for today - down another 1lb. 130lb this morning. I'll take my bodyfat at the end of the week and see if there is any change. It very well could be 18% now. I've lost 4lbs since the 19% reading.

As for the weighted dips - they are done on two benches - hands on one and feet on the other with the plate across my legs. I'm like you, I only do my bodyweight for the regular tricep dips. Don't want to take credit where credit isn't due! When I started focusing on my dips like this - the regular dips became much easier - so strength gains are better for me doing them this way.

I take Lipostim each morning and Lipoflame before my workouts. I don't find either to be a suppressant but I may not be your best judge at that. I am on another medication that has a side effect of supressed appetite. I've learned to eat for fuel rather than when hunry. Stim works very slowly for sustained energy and focus while flame is just that - oh! It starts working immediately and has helped increase the intensity of my workouts like crazy without realizing! I have to take it no more than 15 - 30 minutes before my workout or I'm going crazy. If you chose to do flame - start slowly. The recommended dosage is 4 - it took me a couple of weeks to work up to that. I have to say since I've been taking Flame (started it before stim) I have lost 4% bodyfat. I've been watching my diet more closely as well but the intensity of my workouts on flame has propelled me to the next level.

Which btw - I forgot to note this in my journal entry for today - down another 1lb. 130lb this morning. I'll take my bodyfat at the end of the week and see if there is any change. It very well could be 18% now. I've lost 4lbs since the 19% reading.

As for the weighted dips - they are done on two benches - hands on one and feet on the other with the plate across my legs. I'm like you, I only do my bodyweight for the regular tricep dips. Don't want to take credit where credit isn't due! When I started focusing on my dips like this - the regular dips became much easier - so strength gains are better for me doing them this way.

Hmm, that brought back memories. I used to do dips with two benches and a 45lb plate on my lap and I haven't done those for a long time. I guess I forgot. I'll check with my coach to see if I can do those. Thanks!

ebonycurves you are so cute. I love skull crushers as a burnout for my triceps. Matter of fact, today I am so sore from yesterday's workout. My biceps and triceps feel like they are going to snap!

I typically do my leg workout on Wednesday's but I decided to get in cardio this morning instead. I'm still feeling really tight from Sunday. I wanted to loosen up my legs with a good climb on the treadmill - I should be ready for legs tomorrow!

45 minutes fasted cardio on treadmill. Incline 15% speed 3.5, heart rate average 135.

ebonycurves you are so cute. I love skull crushers as a burnout for my triceps. Matter of fact, today I am so sore from yesterday's workout. My biceps and triceps feel like they are going to snap!

I typically do my leg workout on Wednesday's but I decided to get in cardio this morning instead. I'm still feeling really tight from Sunday. I wanted to loosen up my legs with a good climb on the treadmill - I should be ready for legs tomorrow!

45 minutes fasted cardio on treadmill. Incline 15% speed 3.5, heart rate average 135.

lol..i tried the skull crushers this morning! its just new and i was eager and curious to try it out. i did them with just a bar, 10lbs, just to get the feel of of it. by the 12th rep i was definatily "feeling" them!lol i love them, def will be incorporated into my next tris routine.

good luck with legs tom. oh, i hate doing legs! loosening up in preparation for the dreaded leg day is a good idea. Ironwings, throw in a stretching or a yoga session before before bed if you can, for me i find it helps me recover faster and i don't feel as tight and wound the the next day and its really relaxing and nice right before bed.:)

Thanks ebonycurves...glad you liked the skull crushers.

Oct. 30th

Warmup - complex for about 6 minutes (SLDL to clean press, good morning, squat, RDL)

Quads/Hams/Abs

Smith sumo squats, 105lb, 3x12 (previous was 10 reps) superset frog kicks, 3x12
One leg step ups - bb, 40lb, 3x15 (previous was 12 - 9)
Good mornings - body parallel to the floor, 60lbs, 3x15
Smith glute presses, one leg, 35lbs, 1x15, 1x12 (previous was 3x12)
Smith bridge, one leg, 35lbs, 2x15

This workout took me 1 1/2 hours. It typically takes me an hour +/- I was trying to make it to 15 reps for each exercise rather than my previous 10 - 12. I got sick again after the step ups - dehydration maybe? I'm not sure why I keep getting sick (this is the second time). I felt like my body heat was radiating through my skin - I took off my tank again but this time I felt no relief. I had to rest for a good 60 - 90 seconds between sets on almost everything. My typical rest time is 30 - 45 sec. I felt fine going into the workout but apparently the 15 reps kicked my a@# - lots of moans and groans at the gym today. Good thing I don't go to Planet Fitness needto (LOL), the alarm would have sounded!

No abs or tabatas after this workout. I was exhausted. Just got home and can't even stand the thought of a protein shake. I'd rather have a cinnamon bun ;-)

I hope to get back tonight and get in a good 30 or 45 minute treadmill hike to keep my legs loose. My glutes are throbbing right now.

Top Bottom