Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IPL photofacial rejuvenation

cindylou

Fancy
EF VIP
I did it today. 30 minutes in and out...I expected it to hurt...it wasn't so bad at all. I expected my skin to be red and it's not. The freckles I do have and the sun damage I have stands out more but I was told it would fade away completely in about two weeks. I can't wait to see what my skin looks like!

this works great, I only have to use tinted moisturizer instead of foundation now because my skin tone is all one color. I just got a peel today. Hurt like hell. I'll update.

I have IPL hair removal scheduled for next week too...I'll keep this thread updated on what procedures are worth the $$$$$$$ and what is not.

So far IMO..the peel wasn't worth it. I only did it because I was too tired to work today and curiosity. Its too soon to tell but I think the photofacial works much better than the peel and less painful. My skin has not started peeling yet though lol...I hope its not too bad by the weekend...lol

does this remove freckles? i am a freckle face, and they only look worse with age

don't get addicted cindy!! these things are like tats, first cross of heart on the wrist then a whole sleeve.lol

not sure if i'll ever risk it with these procedures with my dark complexion. So far everything is smooth despite my lack of caring for it. so what are the best preventive measures, or skin care regrets you ladies had?

I believe the photofacial rejuvenation will...got rid of most of mine that were sun damage

oooooooooooooooooooooo
will need updates!

okay lol...I woke up and my face is like...flaking. OMG I have to go to school and work today. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well :D

I will never get another peel. I don't care how smooth my face FEELS I just want it to look smooth. I think the photofacials do that.

I have one more photofacial scheduled and then I start IPL hair removal...so I'll be done w/ the face procedures.

Just wanted to try them out ya know? I don't really need a "peel" I'm too young for this shiz....flaking skin and everything...lol..the photofacials are perfect for those of us who went tanning when we were younger and notice sun damage :) Plus its not as painful as a peel and you're not flaking everywhere. I look like I have one of those masks on where you peel it off later..but that is my skin... :worried:

Lol omg my skin sooooooo fugged up right now lol...this could mess with my wkend plans.......i look like im a million years old lol!

Lol omg my skin sooooooo fugged up right now lol...this could mess with my wkend plans.......i look like im a million years old lol!

Oh no! But, don't fret too much, Cindy. I'm betting that after this initial peeling you'll have nice, fresh skin surfacing. :)

*ebony* said:
not sure if i'll ever risk it with these procedures with my dark complexion. So far everything is smooth despite my lack of caring for it. so what are the best preventive measures, or skin care regrets you ladies had?

That's great Ebony! You're blessed to have wonderful skin. You're still pretty young and based on knowing that you keep in shape with good nutrition and exercise...you're already ahead of the game. I would still recommend keeping your skin hydrated, inside and out. Wear sunblock. Everyone does need it, at varying degrees, if serious about an anti-aging arsenal. You could also start on a regimen of Retin-A, it really is the gold standard.

When Retin A is applied to the skin it penetrates to the deeper layers of the dermis. The following changes are seen:

There is an increased activity of the basal cells which causes an increase in their number and improvement in their shape and organization. This leads to a thicker, more level skin surface with less wrinkling.

With this increase in new cell production there is less clumping of old cells on the skin's surface, this further improving the texture and smoothness of the skin.

In the dermis, there is increased production and improved organization of new collagen fibers. This leads to thicker, more supple and les wrinkled skin.

Blood vessel growth is stimulated, this leading to better circulation. This might also account for the slight blush or pinkness which is often seen wit the use of vitamin A.

The melanin pigment of the skin tends to be disbursed faster, moving upwards and outwards as a result of the increased rate of cell turnover. This leads to less prominent and fewer freckles, sun spots and bothiness.

@ Trex Perhaps the Retin-A for freckles?

I will also mention facial exercises for the future. I understand many doctors/derms aren't willing to refer people to these because most of the literature of their (exercises) efficacy is anecdotal. But, I like them and am convinced they stimulate muscle growth to help fill in areas which have suffered from fat loss. If any of you guys are interested, pm me and I will send you files of two different programs, one extensive, one abridged.

Top Bottom