Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

intermittent fasting

inflamedsoul

Hello all! Young college student here. Recently, I've been thinking about trying intermittent fasting, where I fast for 16 hours every day, and eat about 2 or 3 meals in an 8-hour window. I mostly want to do this for convenience, as it's such a pain for me to the dining hall for multiple meals a day. Plus, eating 4 or 5 times a day doesn't keep me that full. However, while I was doing research, I found there's different result for women compared to men. Men usually do great fasting, from my research, but with women, it was a mixed bag. Some women have had a lot of success doing fasting, while others have had hormonal issues, which really concerns me. I'm also concerned about gaining muscle, since I would mostly be working out before I break the fast, with the way my schedule is. Long story short, has anyone here experimented with intermittent fasting? If so, was it effective, or was it dangerous? Thanks in advance!

Intermittent fasting works well for men and women and it certainly won't in and of itself cause you to gain muscle. My girlfriend and I use intermittent fasting several days a week with good results. We don't do it on some of our heavier lifting days though as it is beneficial to have some more calories in us then.

Hello all! Young college student here. Recently, I've been thinking about trying intermittent fasting, where I fast for 16 hours every day, and eat about 2 or 3 meals in an 8-hour window. I mostly want to do this for convenience, as it's such a pain for me to the dining hall for multiple meals a day. Plus, eating 4 or 5 times a day doesn't keep me that full. However, while I was doing research, I found there's different result for women compared to men. Men usually do great fasting, from my research, but with women, it was a mixed bag. Some women have had a lot of success doing fasting, while others have had hormonal issues, which really concerns me. I'm also concerned about gaining muscle, since I would mostly be working out before I break the fast, with the way my schedule is. Long story short, has anyone here experimented with intermittent fasting? If so, was it effective, or was it dangerous? Thanks in advance!

For a start you can cook your own food. Secondly you can carry food around with you. That removes the need to visit the dining hall.

hormonal issues from women are due to underlying health problems, not from intermittent fasting

both genders have intermittent fasted for 2M years. humans did not survive wars, invasions, predators, sickness, and climate change by eating 12 hours a day from sunrise to sunset like most americans do now

i prefer to call IF 'sane eating'. 8 hour eating window is actually too much. i prefer you stick to 4-6 hours instead.

ironically if you do this and eat HEALTHy in that window you will notice a lot of health ailments will magically dissapear because most issues are derived from gut problems and IF solves a lot of that. i also would look into more advanced fasting like 1-3 day fasts and even prolong fasting. i have an E book in my signature that talks about all that shit

Easier to just prepare the week ahead. Usually sundays for me I will cook a bunch of different stuff so I have food for the week.

Top Bottom