Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

intermittent Fasting

alexjobs6

Hello all! Young college student here. Recently, I've been thinking about trying intermittent fasting, where I fast for 16 hours every day, and eat about 2 or 3 meals in an 8-hour window. I mostly want to do this for convenience, as it's such a pain for me to the dining hall for multiple meals a day. Plus, eating 4 or 5 times a day doesn't keep me that full. However, while I was doing research, I found there's different result for women compared to men. Men usually do great fasting, from my research, but with women, it was a mixed bag. Some women have had a lot of success doing fasting, while others have had hormonal issues, which really concerns me. I'm also concerned about gaining muscle, since I would mostly be working out before I break the fast, with the way my schedule is. Long story short, has anyone here experimented with intermittent fasting? If so, was it effective, or was it dangerous? Thanks in advance!

humans have fasted for 2M years. it allowed us to live through famine, disease, wars, etc. it is in our DNA

same goes for every wild animal on earth

to think that fasting is bad for your hormones is something I have debated people on in my podcasts a lot. the truth is i have yet to see any concrete evidence that such a thing is true for females. what i do know is true is that you can do IF wrong and get poor results. IF is not a green light to eat garbage in your window, or to 'count calories', or any of that bullshit

the concept behind IF is a simple one. you drop your insulin levels during your fast and only cause them to jump during your eating window. considering the # of females who are type 2 diabetics in America, we should see MORE females doing it. not less

Both my girlfriend and I use intermittent fasting and have good results with it.

Top Bottom