Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent fasting

chainlinkkid

Hello all! Young college student here. Recently, I've been thinking about trying intermittent fasting, where I fast for 16 hours every day, and eat about 2 or 3 meals in an 8-hour window. I mostly want to do this for convenience, as it's such a pain for me to the dining hall for multiple meals a day. Plus, eating 4 or 5 times a day doesn't keep me that full. However, while I was doing research, I found there's different result for women compared to men. Men usually do great fasting, from my research, but with women, it was a mixed bag. Some women have had a lot of success doing fasting, while others have had hormonal issues, which really concerns me. I'm also concerned about gaining muscle, since I would mostly be working out before I break the fast, with the way my schedule is. Long story short, has anyone here experimented with intermittent fasting? If so, was it effective, or was it dangerous? Thanks in advance!

My girlfriend and I both are avid lifters and use intermittent fasting with an 8 hour feeding window (5 days per week) with good results. She hasn't had any problems with building muscle, nor had any hormonal issues. I would say give it a try and see if it works for you and your goals, and if it doesn't work for you, go back to a more standard eating schedule.

Last edited:
hormonal issues are very common among those who follow the diabetes diet of eating from 6am to 10pm at night like most americans. That’s eating in a 16-18 hour window lol.

also if you are 'hitting your macros' everyday that is a great way to completely fuck up your hormones. you should always cycle your carbs and calories, as well as foods. do that and you won't fuck up your hormones.

also intermittent fasting is how every animal on earth that has our stomachs eat. the only animals that are fed the same diet daily are ones in captivity. it sounds to me you are being told a lot of bro science and incorrect info parroted by the food companies

Last edited:
Hello all! Young college student here. Recently, I've been thinking about trying intermittent fasting, where I fast for 16 hours every day, and eat about 2 or 3 meals in an 8-hour window. I mostly want to do this for convenience, as it's such a pain for me to the dining hall for multiple meals a day. Plus, eating 4 or 5 times a day doesn't keep me that full. However, while I was doing research, I found there's different result for women compared to men. Men usually do great fasting, from my research, but with women, it was a mixed bag. Some women have had a lot of success doing fasting, while others have had hormonal issues, which really concerns me. I'm also concerned about gaining muscle, since I would mostly be working out before I break the fast, with the way my schedule is. Long story short, has anyone here experimented with intermittent fasting? If so, was it effective, or was it dangerous? Thanks in advance!

Tens of thousands of people

I dud it religiously for about 4 or 5 years. Became very knowledgable on it. Theres a lot of articles out there I wrote on it. It can work great. You dont need to eat 5 or 6 times a day. IF works great with larger 2 to 3 meals day which is typical.ly how most will do it. Give it a try and see for yourself.

I've never tried it. I just eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner like a normal person. If I'm really hungry I'll eat a bowl of cereal before bed to up my fiber intake.

Top Bottom