Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Injectable L-Carnitine/Carnitine

Siany21

Hi,

This is my first post on these boards so please forgive me if I seem a little ignorant.

I have been using liquid L-Carnitine for a little while now. I am not sure if it is simply in my mind, but I feel that it does give me more energy during my workouts & I seem to be able to work out for a longer period of time. I am unsure if it is assisting in weight loss or not.

I am wondering if anyone has ever used injectable Carnitine? Does anyone know if it is legal in Australia & if there is a form of it manufactured specifically for humans rather than horses? I did a google search and came across a site selling it in Australia, although it is designed for horses. Would it be ok for me to use this stuff in the correct dose meant for a female (rather than a horse)?

I have heard that injecting it into specific areas can help to spot-reduce fat (and also cellulite) although this sounds a little too good to be true. My goal is to lose some weight (especially in my lower-abdominal region). I only wish to lose 5 kgs.. I weigh 57kgs now and wish to get down to 52kgs. Would injectable Carnitine assist in this?

I honestly can't say I've ever heard of injectable l-carnitine. I'm guessing it's something similar to the idea of injecting kynoselen - also a popular horse product. Kynoselen is basically a liquid concoction of vitamins. Some people claim it can be site-injected to help deplete fat in certain areas. Results are debatable.

Just as with any other pill, cream or injectable, start with your diet, then your training / cardio, THEN worry about attempting to get results from various supplements. The ability to workout longer might only lead you to burnout quicker. If you are supplementing with AAS, you will have the ability to recover more quickly and thus you can push your training a little more than you would without. You can toss in some thermogenics or clen to get a small increase in your ability to burn fat, however, again, if you over train, you essentially under-recover.

Can you post up your diet? I bet you can get better, more reliable results with a couple diet tweaks than with horse injections.

I had never heard of it either till a few days ago when I read that some Australian Cyclists (who were meant to go to the Athens Olympics) are now under investigation for using supplements. The article claimed that injectable Carnitine was one of the substances found in their rooms so I did a google search for info on it & found some.

I'm pretty sure my diet and workout are fine, but thanks for the advice. I workout at the gym about 5 times per week, a combo of cardio (50 mins at a time) and weight resistance training (alternate days, do not weight-train same body part two days in a row). I change my program every so often so as to ensure my body does not adapt to the exercise (which in turn means I will plateau and see little change in my body). I have just completed my studies in fitness (as a Personal Trainer), and during that course we learnt alot about over-training and the need for recovery.

My diet is generally as follows:

Breakfast - One cup of coffee (with very small amount of skim milk) & a piece of fruit.

Lunch - Large salad (vegies only, no meat or egg etc).

Dinner - Steamed/boiled vegetables and lean chicken/fish (no skin on the chicken).

I rarely snack, and when I do it is usually on low-salt/low-fat rice crackers.

I realise I should probably eat a larger breakfast, but I am rarely hungry in the mornings.

What would you recommend? I guess my main objective is to spot-reduce fat.. I know I can lose weight pretty easily, but the weight just doesn't seem to budge from my lower abdominal area.

I have attached a Word file with a little info I found on a similar product called Carnitrim.

Siany21 said:
My diet is generally as follows:

Breakfast - One cup of coffee (with very small amount of skim milk) & a piece of fruit.

Lunch - Large salad (vegies only, no meat or egg etc).

Dinner - Steamed/boiled vegetables and lean chicken/fish (no skin on the chicken).

I rarely snack, and when I do it is usually on low-salt/low-fat rice crackers.

I realise I should probably eat a larger breakfast, but I am rarely hungry in the mornings.

What would you recommend? I guess my main objective is to spot-reduce fat.. I know I can lose weight pretty easily, but the weight just doesn't seem to budge from my lower abdominal area.

I have attached a Word file with a little info I found on a similar product called Carnitrim.

What exactly are your goals? What are your stats?

The reason you aren't reaching your goals is because you are not getting enough calories OR enough protein. I probably eat more calories at my first meal than you get all day. Fat loss comes from properly fueling your body - NOT cardio or supplements. Not eating enough is the #1 reason women do not reach their goals.

You should be eating 5-6 times a day, with total calories evenly spread throughout the day.

Example diet.....general sample

Meal 1
5 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg, 1/2cup Oatmeal

Meal 2
3-4oz Lean Protein, 3oz Yam/Potato
~16 Almonds

Meal 3
3-4oz Lean Protein, Unlimited Green Veggies
~1 tbsp Olive/Flax Oil

Meal 4
Post-Workout Whey Shake

Meal 5
3-4oz Lean Protein
Unlimited Green Veggies

Meal 6 (optional)
Protein Shake w/ Olive/Flax Oil

Fluids.....drink AT LEAST 1 gallon of water a day

Training..... Try HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) instead of long duration cardio. Excess cardio, especially in your MAJOR calorie deprived state, will result in MAJOR muscle catabolism. Which reduces your muscle mass, which will LOWER your metabolism, making it VERY hard to lose fat.

Thanks Daisy girl for the great advice :) I guess I will have to try to eat more. I drink heaps of water, but could step up my food intake. I am 170cm tall & weigh 57kgs. My goal is to weigh approx 52kgs.

My problem is not so much how to lose weight, rather I am interested in finding out more about L-Carnitine and if possible, it's side effects.

copied from http://www.naturevet.com/ProductProfile.asp?pr=35
L-CARNITINE INJECTION

Quick
Reference
L-Carnitine is an essential cofactor in muscle metabolism during exercise. L-Carnitine forms the transport system which moves fatty acid molecules into the mitachondria for energy production.

Features
L-carnitine is an essential cofactor in muscle metabolism during exercise. L-carnitine forms the transport system which moves fatty acid molecules into the mitachondria for energy production.
L-carnitine also acts as a physiological buffer by inhibiting build-up of lactic acid in muscles. This helps delay the onset of fatigue in exercising muscles. Normally animals obtain L-carnitine from the diet, or they manufacture it from other amino acids, but a heavily exercising animal athlete will usually not be able to replace the extensive loss of L-carnitine which occurs. Carnitine deficiencies result in an inability to utilise fatty acids as an energy source, and causes skeletal muscle dysfunction and weakness, heart enlargement, heart failure and rhythm disturbances, and liver dysfunction. L-carnitine also assists in the oxidation of pyruvate and branched chain amino acids in the energy cycle, and prevents the build-up of fatty complexes within cells which can damage muscle cell membranes.
Supplementing with L-carnitine has a number of beneficial effects during exercise, including enhanced energy supply, increased utilisation of fatty acids, decreased buildup of lactic acid, and increased maximum work output. The level of L-carnitine in muscles plays a major role in determining the exercise capacity of muscles. L-carnitine is essential for normal heart function.
L-carnitine is recognised as one of the more important ergogenic aids for equine and canine performance, as well as for human athletes.
L-carnitine supplementation enhances both sprint and endurance performance. Fat is the major energy source for endurance events. Supplementation increases maximal work output and VO2 max in sprint exercise.
Adequate L-carnitine levels are critically involved in the survival of newborn foals. Supplementation of broodmares twice weekly during the last several weeks of pregnancy with 10mL L-carnitine will be of benefit to the foal.

Action
L-carnitine is an essential amino acid cofactor required in muscle metabolism during exercise

Presentation
100mL sterile multi-dose glass vial
L-carnitine is also available as a paste preparation for oral administration, in either 30mL syringe or 250mL pots.

Dosage
Horse: 3mL/100kg bodyweight by sterile intramuscular injection twice weekly, or by intravenous injection under veterinary supervision.
Dogs: 1mL/10kg bodyweight

Ingredents
Each mL contains L-carnitine 200mg

Packaging
100ml sterile multi-dose glass vial

Can be bought at http://www.equineenterprises.net/
they also have kynoselen and amp5 injectable

Top Bottom