Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Increase var dose?

fire.horse

Hi everyone,

I have a question about if and how to increase my anavar dosage. I'm not sure how much background info you need sooo...

Some of you may remember me. I'm a woman in my late 30s who was a bodybuilder throughout my 20s. I fell off the wagon and have struggled with some hormonal issues that caused weight gain. A strict diet nailed down to the gram with all macros balanced and herculean training efforts saw some lab measurable but painfully SLOW minimal results (the same effort in my 20s got me a 6 pack in a few months).

I finally found legit anavar (according to LabMax test) though I suspect it may be under dosed.

I've been taking 5mg @ 2x per day (10mg total) for the past 3.5 weeks I couldn't start lower because they're 20mg tablets that are already difficult to split into 4. I'm also taking GW (will have to confirm dosage when I get home later).

GOALS:
I'm starting at a higher weight and body fat percentage (147-149lbs, low 30s body fat %, 5'6") than is recommended, which I know is controversial and probably means slower results, but my goals are performance oriented. I don't care about appearance (within reason). In order of priority, I want to:

1) Improve strength/performance (most important)
2) Increase lean muscle (only important to the extent that it correlates with #1, not concerned with appearance)
3) Reduce body fat (only important to the extent that it correlates with #1, not concerned with appearance)

Here is what I've noticed so far:

NEGATIVES:
– Water retention (8lbs in first 1.5 wks, held steady since then)
– Slightly aching joints (wrists, hips, knees)
– Slight lower back soreness (back pump??)
– Slight shin splints (though I've experienced this natty too)
– Slight insomnia
– Intermittent slight sore throat (monitoring carefully, feels like dehydration but could be early signs of virilization)
– A bit irritable

Nothing unmanageable nor too alarming. Many of these symptoms are reduced by drinking more water, which is the only area I struggle with.

No disrupted periods, no clitoral swelling, no new body hair growth, no hair loss that I've noticed.

POSITIVES:
– Dramatically increased energy
– Muscles feel always warm and slightly pumped as if I just worked out 5min ago
– Overall weight remains stable while body fat % has declined steadily for last 2 weeks at about 1/3 lb per day (this is slower than what I could achieve naturally in my 20s but better than I've been able to achieve naturally in the last few years)
– I seem to improve with each rep/set rather than get tired (eg, today I struggled through 10 V-ups on first set but got through next 3 sets with increasing ease and improved form)

I have not noticed any significant strength/performance gains yet but maybe too soon.

I would like to increase my var dosage to 15mg (5mg @ 3x/day, 6:30am, 2:30pm, 10:30pm). Would this be advisable?

I tried to take a 3rd dose yesterday and promptly threw up about 30min later. However, I took it only 5-6hrs after my 2nd dose, about 2hrs after eating, and maybe didn't drink enough water that day. Could that be why I was sick?

Any thoughts you have on increasing my var dose given this info would be much appreciated!

When I say I haven't noticed any significant strength/performance gains, I'm referring to very specific exercises where it matters most to me. I need explosive strength for short durations on a time trial for specific tasks.

Forgot to mention increased stamina, if that's the word I'm looking for. I can't workout longer than usual but about 1hr after a workout to failure, I feel ready to go again. Though I haven't tested this because I don't want to overtrain.

Also, increased sex drive.

I'd say top range for a woman on Anavar is around 20mg per day, so I think that you'll be alright by upping the dosage with your mild/non-existent virilization symptoms right now...but the body fat % is a little worrisome. As for throwing up, try taking the var with your meals and see if that works.

I agree with George, put some food in your stomach then midway thru the meal add the var, this will ensure that the pill does not dissolve at the stomach lining, you should be golden doing it this way.

Thanks for the good explanation Radar. Also, Fire Horse, please keep us updated on how the increased dosage is going for you.

Thanks everyone! I took 3 doses yesterday with meals and wasn't nauseous.

George, just curious why the body fat % dropping is concerning? Overall weight remains stable but body fat percentage is going down. Eg:

Feb 22:
149.6lbs @ 36.2% bf
= 54.16lbs bf

Mar 5:
149.6lbs @ 33.9% bf
= 49.8lbs bf

That's a decline of approx 0.44lbs (previously was 0.36lbs) pure fat per day while retaining or increasing lean mass. Body recomp is difficult to achieve. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Last edited:
I just meant your starting body fat % was a bit high, just because of how Anavar can increase blood pressure and cause your cholesterol levels to diminish. But it sounds like you're doing fine and I'm glad to hear that you're cutting some body fat.

Ah got it. Well I started with really low blood pressure and really healthy cholesterol levels. Hate to see that change but at least I have some wiggle room.

Ok, after 2 days at the increased var dose, 15mg, I reverted back to 10mg because I found myself really edgy – like way over the top aggressive and irritable. And my throat felt thicker/narrower inside (hard to explain but I think you'll know what I mean, especially women who've done var cycles). I assume this is an early virilization sign that may turn into a deeper voice?

Both symptoms went away when I went back to 10mg.

Could I try again and potentially adapt at 15mg, or are these signs too risky?

Top Bottom