Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Improving my bench press

franz22

I cant seem to get past 75lbs for my bench press. How can I change it up so i can move up? I want to progress but I feel like I am plateauing.

First google Westside Barbell. There's a ton of videos and tips.

Secondly, drop back to about 60-65lbs and do 5 x 5 with that. Once you can your 1 rep max of 75lbs will have gone up. Add 5lbs to the 5 x 5 program and repeat until you get all 5 sets of 5 and so on.

you can add some body weight to your frame if you want.. a few pounds will boost your bench press 10-15 pounds

really depends on your goals

the best way to improve though is consistency, but don't over train. keep working at it, mobster's tip is cookie cutter but it will work just fine. alot of the 50 something powerlifters at your gym will do that. you want to build consistency at a lower weight

Try different meals before training too. Some foods will give you more energy than others when you are lifting for strength.

In addition to all the great suggestions above - be patient

It's normal to hit sticking points. Just stay consistent, don't loose focus and you will overcome them!

Rome wasn't built in a day

How is your training?

It most likely you need to add training volume to work with your weakness and build more muscle.

If your goal is performance, ie. to get stronger and lift more weight.

You will need a training periodization, with short, medium and long terms goal, realistic ones.

And... at least, an isocaloric diet or slightly hypercaloric.

Remember... progression it's not linear.

Best wishes.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

Top Bottom