Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IcePrincess Journal

Ok...here it goes...my first day of journaling: :qt:

Today was a scheduled day off from the gym :)

November 20:

8:00AM
½ cup Apple Juice
¼ cup Melon
20 Seedless Red Grapes
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
½ Liter of Green Tea (no sugar)

10:30AM
Protein Shake with 6oz of Milk

12:30 PM
1 Grilled Chicken Breast
½ cup of Noodles
¼ cup of Onions (Yummy)
½ slice of Swiss cheese
½ Liter of Green Tea (no sugar)

3:00 PM
2 Macadamia Nut Cookies ( no comment :worried: )

8:00PM
2 Grilled Chicken Breasts
¼ cup of Onions
½ cup Pinto Beans
1 Slice of Swiss Cheese

TOTAL CALS = 1,419
Protein = 157g (44%)
Carbs = 115g (33%)
Fat = 35g (23%)

Last edited:
Looks like you're in pretty good shape, girlie!!! Love the avi!

I still think you're working your legs too hard. Don't work them if they're still sore....you may already know that, but just in case. The only way to know if one thing works better for you is to try it. After you're done with the Dual Factor - maybe try training one muscle group a week and see which way you get a better result. (just can't get passed training legs 3x a week. that's just not good.)

So anyway, what's your age? We have the rest of the stats except that one. Age effects metabolism too.

Good morning, everyone! :D

Scorpiogirl, I am 26 years old (in four days!) :D :bday: :arty: :twirl: Thank you so much for all of your help... I promise I'm not working my legs again when I'm sore, and you're right: after I've evaluated the whole 5x5 program, I'll figure out what to do next. :)

I have all of my stuff ready to post, but I have 3 questions first.

1. Is it is best to have the majority of calories earlier in the day, even while bulking, or is it best to spread them evenly throughout the day?

2. Same question but with carbs...Is it best to have majority of carbs in the morning, even while bulking or is it better to spread them out throughout the day?

3. When bulking, how many calories should I be taking in and should it be on the 40/30/30 ratio? I know that it is based on individal body types but what is the "general" rule?

Ok here it goes...DAY 2 :elephant:

November 21
7:30AM
½ cup Apple Juice
3 Egg Whites
1 Whole Egg
½ cup Oatmeal with 1 packet of Splenda
20 Grapes
½ liter of Green Tea

11:00 PM
Protein Shake mixed with water
2.3 oz Heart to Heart Cereal
½ liter of Green Tea

1:30 PM - GYM TIME!!
Squats: 5x5 (100 lbs)
Bench: 5x5 (50, 55, 65, 70, 80 lbs)
Bent Row: 5x5 (50, 55, 65, 70, 80 lbs)

2:50 PM
Protein Shake with 6 oz of Skim Milk

4:30 PM
1 Grilled Chicken Breast
½ cup of Noodles (spiral)
1/8 cup Onions
¼ cup Broccoli (raw)

8:00 PM
3 oz White Turkey
1/8 cup Onions
¼ cup Broccoli
½ cup Navy Beans

* 1+ Gallon of Water throughout the day!

TOTAL Calories = 1311
Protein 133 g (40%)
Carbs 158 g (48%)
Fat 19g (13%)

I'm excited...next week is week 4 of the 5x5 program, where we set records on all of our weights! My husband and I are both feeling very strong this week, so next week should be GREAT!

Happy Birthday in advance, Sag Girl! :arty: :bday: :heart:

1. Is it is best to have the majority of calories earlier in the day, even while bulking, or is it best to spread them evenly throughout the day?
Spread your calories out evenly during the day.

2. Same question but with carbs...Is it best to have majority of carbs in the morning, even while bulking or is it better to spread them out throughout the day?
Try to keep your carbs more toward the beginning of the day or immediately after a workout.

3. When bulking, how many calories should I be taking in and should it be on the 40/30/30 ratio? I know that it is based on individal body types but what is the "general" rule?
I'm thinkin' you should probably start somewhere between 1500-1600 calories a day with your stats, so you're in the right range already. If you feel you need a little more, up it 500 calories at a time until you reach a point where you're gaining, but not putting on too much fat.

40/30/30 is also a good starting point.

As far as body type, you and Bunny are REALLY similar. She is taller than you, but structurally (sp), you could almost be twins!!! I'm not sure that what works best for one person would work best for another, but it's always interesting to talk to someone who has a similar body type and compare a little bit as far as gaining and losing.

You're on the right track!!!! Keep up the good work!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Scorpio - thanks so much for the early birthday wish! :qt: Hope you had a wonderful day yourself and had a glass for me! :dance2:

November 22
7:30 AM
½ cup Apple Juice
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
20 red seeded grapes
½ cup oatmeal with 1 packet of splenda
½ liter of Green Tea

11:00AM
Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with H2O
2.3 oz of Heart to Heart Cereal

1:00 PM – GYM TIME!
3 sets of hyperextensions with 5lb med ball
3 sets of crunches (tossing 5lb med ball back and forth)
2 min drill X 2 (30sec jumping jacks, 30sec side shuffle, 30sec squat thrusts, 30sec mountain climbers – Repeat)
10, 8, 6, 4, 2 pyramid–alternate between pushups and sit-ups, done for speed
Stretching

2:00 PM
Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with 6 oz of Skim Milk

4:00 PM
1 Grilled Chicken Breast
¼ cup broccoli (raw)
1/8 cup onions
½ cup pickled cauliflower
2 bites of this noodle stuff (YUCK)
1 liter of Green Tea

5:00 PM
½ Tablespoon of Fish Oil

8:15 PM
1 Grilled Chicken Breast
½ cup pinto beans
1/8 cup onions
½ pickled cauliflower
1 slice of swiss cheese
½ cup broccoli (raw)
2 oatmeal rasin cookies

TOTAL Calories = 1554
Protein 147 g (38%)
Carbs 166 g (42%)
Fat 37g (21%)

Here's everything before supper...I'll post the rest in the morning! Have a great day! :)

November 23
½ cup Apple Juice
20 red seeded grapes
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
½ cup oatmeal with 1 packet of splenda

10:30 AM
2.3 oz of Heart to Heart Cereal
½ Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with 3oz skim milk
1.5 liter of Green Tea ( I was dragging today – needed the caffeine)

1:45 PM GYM TIME!!
Squats 5x5 (85lbs)
Deadlift 5x5 (115lbs)
Military 5x5 (60lbs)
Pullups 5x5 (assisted)

2:50 PM
½ Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with 3oz skim milk

4:30 PM
1 Grilled Chicken Breast
½ cup noodles
½ cup pickled cauliflower
1/8 cup onion
¼ cup broccoli

Total Calories (before dinner) = 946
Protein 84g (36%) NO BUENO!
Carbs 129 g (54%)
Fat 13g (12%)

2 min drill X 2 (30sec jumping jacks, 30sec side shuffle, 30sec squat thrusts, 30sec mountain climbers – Repeat)

This sounds kinda' fun. I might give it a try!

Hey girl I haven't officially said hello yet! What branch are you in? I'm ex-Air Force.

"Height: 5'2"
Weight: 119 lbs
Body Fat: Hard to get in the middle of a desert.
Measurements: Looking for someone with a flexi-tape"

Did you find a flexi-tape yet?? I'm sure I can mail you one or there is a good site to buy electronic body fat calipers and a measuring tape comes with it:

http://store.bodybuildingfactory.co...EY=electronic body fat caliper&OVMTC=standard

That's the website. I have those and I think a few other girls on here may also.
Good luck on the muscle gain! It will definitely be an adjustment. Just remember you are probably going to gain some fat with lean body mass gain but you can minimalize that with ie. HIIT training and a clean diet of course. So don't freak out :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!! :elephant: Hope everyone eats LOTS of YUMMY food! :p

Scorpiogirl - that 2 min drill is AWESOME and it is fun to see how many you can do consecutively!!

Treilin - No, I have not found any flexitape yet. The source I was going to get it from was on R&R so...I have been checking into ordering some myotape as well as some calipers online - I am thinking that they will be a HUGE benefit to me!! Thanks SOOO much for offering to ship them to me, that is so sweet of you!! YOU ROCK :) Like you said, this muscle gain has been a HUGE change for me...I feel like I am getting a large as a cow - though I know it is just my head. I have to keep convincing myself that I WILL be able to lean back out once I met my gains!! :) I am just so grateful for all of the many supportive women on here and seeing that they are feeling the SAME way I am.

Ok...here is dinner - I improved my calories a little but still not getting as many as I should!

8:00 PM
1 cup of tuna in water
1 slice of swiss cheese
1/8 cup onions
¼ cup potato salad
2 tsp sour cream
¼ cup salsa
¼ cup broccoli

Total Calories = 1255
Protein 122g (40%)
Carbs 145 g (45%)
Fat 23g (16%)

I am thinking that I need to reduce my carbs a little as well as increase my fat...all while adding calories!! :)

Here is my calorie intake THUS far...I will post my dinner up tonight (lets hope that I can get ALL of my calories in FINALLY!!) :chomp:

Today was a planned day off from the gym!

November 24
2 egg whites
1 whole egg
½ cup sliced peaches
Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with 3 oz of skim milk

11:15 AM
2.3 oz Heart to Heart Cereal

1:00 PM
3 oz of Ham
¼ cup potato salad
¾ cup yams