Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IcePrincess Journal

Happy NEW YEAR to you too Miss 24k and SG!! I am finally back from my trip and I am ready to hit the journaling again. My Husband surprised me with a trip to Dubai (UAE) for New Years!! It was so wonderful to get off base and to get a little break from work and the best part of all was getting to sleep in!! We weren't able to make it to a weight room but we were pretty active everyday and we walked a TON. We went to the movies, bowling, snow skiing, and then the last day we were there, we went to the zoo AND walked 17 miles from the beach to the other side of Dubai - VERY cool! ;)

Some of you probably caught the whole SNOW SKIING and are wondering how one accomplishes that in the middle of the DESERT! Well, they have built a skiing facility in the middle of a MALL (the 2nd largest mall in the world!). My husband had been skiing ONCE a REALLY long time ago and I had NEVER been so, we were like why not! We were supposed to sign up for a ski class since we were beginners but my husband and I, being so athletic and so adventurous, thought to ourselves that we could handle it ourselves. So, we choose to pass on the class...which later I was REALLY glad that we did. We first got our gear (jacket, pants and ski's...which, I don't think they even looked at what size clothes they gave me, I was SWIMMING in them - LOL). Then we trekked over to the bottom of the "mountain" and just stood there for a minute, watching everyone and taking it all in. The sides of the building were painted with a mural of mountains and the top of the facility was light blue thus giving you a "sense" of being in the mountains and the snow was very much like real snow - very neat!! Now, I have been told that since I was an ice skater, that I would have no problem learning to ski, but at this point I was a little nervous...some of you will laugh, but I wasn't even sure how to put the ski's onto my boots!! (I would have figured it out, but my husband QUICKLY showed me - heehee :verygood: ) So we were off to the bunny hill...we did extremely well on this one and were ready for more of a challenge so we hopped on the ski lift and headed up to the middle of this man built mountain. Once we were at the top we just stared down and started analyzing the mountain...we looked at each other and said let's hit it and wow I had a BLAST. Wow you get going fast...there were times were I thought that there was NO way I was going to stop at the bottom, but surprisingly enough I DID!! Yea!! So, to make a long story short, we had so much fun and what a workout! We are now actually thinking about going skiing on our next R&R...Does anyone know of a good place to ski (outside of the US) that still has snow in March? :)

I will start my Journal back up and will hopefully post starting tomorrow. Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year!! :qt: :heart:

Welcome back, IP!! You've been missed :heart:

Dubai is a wonderful city and how sweet of your husband to surprise you with a visit there. Sounds like you both had a great time and I loved reading about your skiing experience. I have yet to give ever it a shot myself and don't seem to have the nerve for it, so I admire your courage to just go for it without even a lesson!

Welcome back!!! You've been missed.

It's easy to get the skiing bug. I love it (I'm crap but I like the fact that you literally clear your mind of everything while doing it, it is a true stress reliever). I guess Europe would be closer for you if travelling from the Middle East? I skied Les Trois Vallees (Meribel, Courchevel and Val Thorens) in France in March one year. It was getting warmer so a bit slushy in the afternoon. Expensive but a huge resort, great mountains.

I've had some friends go to Bulgaria, cheap, not so well set up but still good skiing.

Maybe Jens has some ideas too?

Thanks everyone for the welcome back and thanks Mermaid for the skiing suggestions! It was sweet of everyone, and it looks like I need to start researching Bulgaria! LOL! :elephant: :elephant: I will definitely have to ask Jens as well. :heart:

I will get back in the gym tomorrow (today for me)! :dance2:

January 6
9:15 AM
4 egg whites

11:15 AM
Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with ½ cup apple juice and H2O

2:15 PM
¼ cup tuna
½ cup pinto beans
¼ cup onions
¼ cup honeydew melon

4:30 PM
20 cashew nuts

7:30 PM
¼ cup tuna
1/3 cup noodles
¼ cup onions
¼ cup rasins

Total Calories = 913
Protein 96g (42%)
Carbs 95g (41%)
Fat 18g (16%)

Hey Guys!! I hope everyone had a fabulous week and are ready for the weekend.

As soon as my husband gets back from a business trip we are going to starting a new workout program!! YEA...I am super excited! ;) I will explain more about it in the next couple of days :heart:

January 7
8:30 AM
4 egg whites
½ egg yolk
20 red seeded grapes

11:30 AM
Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with H2O
1.1 oz Heart to Heart Cereal

1:45 PM – FINALLY GYM TIME!
Squats - 2x10 (115, 105 lbs)
Stiff Leg DL - 2x10 (100 lbs)
Pull-ups – 5,3,3 (bodyweight)
DB Rows – 3x10 each arm (25 lbs)

2:45 PM
Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with creatine and ¾ cup apple juice and H2O

3:30 PM
1 grilled chicken breast
½ cup noodles
¼ cup onions

5:30 PM
18 Cashew Nuts

8:00 PM
2 grilled chicken breasts
½ cup noodles
¼ cup broccoli
¼ cup onions

Total Calories = 1501
Protein 173g (46%)
Carbs 123g (32%)
Fat 35g (20%)

great job! keep it up, girl....can't wait to read about your new workout regimine. Take care & hope you're having a great weekend. :D

iceprincess said:
As soon as my husband gets back from a business trip we are going to starting a new workout program!! YEA...I am super excited! ;) I will explain more about it in the next couple of days :heart:

Looking forward to it! Still bulking?

iceprincess said:
Happy NEW YEAR to you too Miss 24k and SG!! I am finally back from my trip and I am ready to hit the journaling again. My Husband surprised me with a trip to Dubai (UAE) for New Years!! It was so wonderful to get off base and to get a little break from work and the best part of all was getting to sleep in!! We weren't able to make it to a weight room but we were pretty active everyday and we walked a TON. We went to the movies, bowling, snow skiing, and then the last day we were there, we went to the zoo AND walked 17 miles from the beach to the other side of Dubai - VERY cool! ;)

Some of you probably caught the whole SNOW SKIING and are wondering how one accomplishes that in the middle of the DESERT! Well, they have built a skiing facility in the middle of a MALL (the 2nd largest mall in the world!). My husband had been skiing ONCE a REALLY long time ago and I had NEVER been so, we were like why not! We were supposed to sign up for a ski class since we were beginners but my husband and I, being so athletic and so adventurous, thought to ourselves that we could handle it ourselves. So, we choose to pass on the class...which later I was REALLY glad that we did. We first got our gear (jacket, pants and ski's...which, I don't think they even looked at what size clothes they gave me, I was SWIMMING in them - LOL). Then we trekked over to the bottom of the "mountain" and just stood there for a minute, watching everyone and taking it all in. The sides of the building were painted with a mural of mountains and the top of the facility was light blue thus giving you a "sense" of being in the mountains and the snow was very much like real snow - very neat!! Now, I have been told that since I was an ice skater, that I would have no problem learning to ski, but at this point I was a little nervous...some of you will laugh, but I wasn't even sure how to put the ski's onto my boots!! (I would have figured it out, but my husband QUICKLY showed me - heehee :verygood: ) So we were off to the bunny hill...we did extremely well on this one and were ready for more of a challenge so we hopped on the ski lift and headed up to the middle of this man built mountain. Once we were at the top we just stared down and started analyzing the mountain...we looked at each other and said let's hit it and wow I had a BLAST. Wow you get going fast...there were times were I thought that there was NO way I was going to stop at the bottom, but surprisingly enough I DID!! Yea!! So, to make a long story short, we had so much fun and what a workout! We are now actually thinking about going skiing on our next R&R...Does anyone know of a good place to ski (outside of the US) that still has snow in March? :)

I will start my Journal back up and will hopefully post starting tomorrow. Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year!! :qt: :heart:
Wow! Sounds like lots of fun! I've never been snow skiing either. Glad you got some R&R and to live as a Civilian for a minute. I'm sure it was a needed break! :heart:

Top Bottom