Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IcePrincess Journal

iceprincess said:
Thanks so much for dropping in on my log!! I have definitely admired your enthusiasm as I read through your posts - they are definitely inspirational!!

Since I started 8 weeks ago, I have only gained about 4 lbs (though It feels like 10). I have read through your gaining journal and was VERY impressed...how did you do that mentally? I have found the mental side of the gaining is MUCH harder then anything else. :qt:

My goal is to gain 5-10lbs of lean muscle mass on my upper body. Do you by chance have any thoughts or suggestions on how much weight I should gain before going into the cutting phase with that goal in mind? Thanks again and hope you have a wonderful week! ;) :verygood:

You're welcome :) Glad I could be apart of your inspiration.

Mentally I'm not going to lie, it's hard, because we spend some much time and effort on being lean, that when it's time to gain weight, it's hard on the mind. I tell myself that I'm going this so I can be better than last year, and I avoid the mirror and scale. lol What I mean by that is I don't look at myself everyday, or check my weight everyday, sometimes I'll check it once a week, or sometimes once every 2 weeks.

Do you get your bodyfat checked? You should watch your progress by that way, then once you've reached your set goal (5-10 pounds of lean muscle mass) then start cutting slowly. While gaining just make sure your bf% doesn't get out of control, which I doubt it is I can see what what you've been eating.

Just keep it up, I know believe I know how hard it is on your mind, I've played with my mind a few times while putting my body through some things lol. You're going a great job. ;)

As women, we're so "programed" to be small or thin. Even though we, here at EF, are against the stereotype of what a woman should look like to society, it's still hard to force yourself to GAIN. Even though in the end, the fat will come off and you'll be left with a lean athletic physique - which is what most women would LOVE to have in the first place. I think the mainstreem woman is just unwilling to put all the work into it to get it, so they settle for the skinny-fat syndrome and settle into society's acceptable shape.

What you're doing takes some rearranging of the brain. As Miss24k said, you're doing a great job! :)

scorpiogirl said:
As women, we're so "programed" to be small or thin. Even though we, here at EF, are against the stereotype of what a woman should look like to society, it's still hard to force yourself to GAIN. Even though in the end, the fat will come off and you'll be left with a lean athletic physique - which is what most women would LOVE to have in the first place. I think the mainstreem woman is just unwilling to put all the work into it to get it, so they settle for the skinny-fat syndrome and settle into society's acceptable shape.

Def!! I see all these super skinny girls all over the place and I think about bulking up in a few months LOL... Hmm... But it's all in good taste! We'll all look 100x better than those skinny chicks when we're done!! Keep up all the tasty eating iceprincess!!

December 20 ;)
7:30 AM
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
½ cup apple juice
½ cup oatmeal
20 red seedless grapes

11:00 AM
2.2 oz Heart to Heart Cereal
Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with H2O

1:00 PM – GYM TIME!!!!!!!!
3x15 hyperextensions (25lbs weight)
3x10 roman chair sit-ups with 11lbs medicine ball
2x 2min drill

2:00 PM
Protein shake (1 scoop) mixed with creatine and ½ cup apple juice and H2O

3:30 PM
1/3 cup tuna
1 small white potato (plain)
½ cup honeydew melon
1/8 cup onion
1/8 cup broccoli, raw

7:00 PM
½ Tbls Fish Oil

8:15 PM
2 grilled chicken breasts
1 slice of swiss cheese
½ cup cantaloupe
1/3 cup of onions
2 oatmeal raisin cookies
(I was HUNGRY tonight!! My metabolism must be rising again :chomp: - can’t say I had the best choices but I worked with what I had access to)

Total Calories = 1532
Protein 141g (37%)
Carbs 170g (42%)
Fat 35g (21%)

Daisy Girl, Miss24, SG and Amore thank you so much for all of your words of encouragement as well as your support! I can not believe how many wonderful people there are here who take time out of their busy days to help out! Thanks again...your comments really pushed me to get even more motivated!! :qt: :heart:

PS. Miss 24k, I have not yet found the means to test my body fat out here, but I am working on finding a way to get it done. I am having a hard time trying to figure out when to start cutting... ;)

Don't worry about the macros; you have enough good stuff coming from a few of us here to help you out!

Is it true that you have access to Pizza Hut and Subway? AND therefore, you avoid those home comforts!?

mermaid said:
Is it true that you have access to Pizza Hut and Subway? AND therefore, you avoid those home comforts!?

HAAA!! Yes, we do in fact have a Popeye's Chicken, Subway, Burger King and a Pizza Hut! It really isn't that hard for me since I don't eat at any of these places, other then Subway, back in the states - I guess I am weird, but I have never been a fast food kinda gal!! heehee ;) :qt: :heart:

iceprincess said:
HAAA!! Yes, we do in fact have a Popeye's Chicken, Subway, Burger King and a Pizza Hut! It really isn't that hard for me since I don't eat at any of these places, other then Subway, back in the states - I guess I am weird, but I have never been a fast food kinda gal!! heehee ;) :qt: :heart:

Honey, you're my hero :heart: In more ways than one.

Hey guys...I hope that everyone is having a fantastic week and are ready for the holidays. I know that I am just about as ready as I am going to get!! :qt:

Mermaid: You are TOO sweet!! :heart:

December 21
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
20 red seedless grapes
½ cup oatmeal

1 small apple

11:30 AM
Protein shake (1 scoop) mixed with creatine and ½ cup apple juice

1:00 PM
1 Grilled Chicken Breast
½ baked potato (plain)
¼ cup onions
1/8 cup potato salad (stole off of husband’s plate because I was STILL hungry)

3:45 PM
Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with water

6:15 PM
1 grilled chicken breast

8:00 PM
5oz of grilled chicken breast
½ cup green beans
¼ cup onions
½ cup potato salad
¼ cup noodles

Total Calories = 1360
Protein 156g (48%)
Carbs 116g (33%)
Fat 29g (19%)

Good THURSDAY Morning to everyone!! :qt:

I am for some reason losing weight this week instead of gaining it - ahhhhh
I think that I am going to TRY and increase my caloric intake by about 100-200 calories and see what that does. Though, I can not make any promises...I have had a hard enough time trying to keep my calories where they are now, but I am determined to try my best ;) !! hehee

December 22
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
¾ cup honeydew melon
½ cup oatmeal

Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with H2O
2.2 oz Heart to Heart cereal

1:00 PM – Watch OUT Gym…Here I COME!!
Weight: 121.2 lbs (grrrrr – it went back down again!)
Squat 3x3 (95 lbs)
Deadlift 3x3 (135 lbs)
Military Press 3x3 (70 lbs)
Pull-Ups 3x3 (with 5lbs added weight)

2:30 PM
Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with creatine and ½ cup apple juice

6:00 PM
½ Tbls. Fish Oil

Total Calories (before dinner) = 979
Protein 94g (40%)
Carbs 118g (44%)
Fat 18g (16%)