Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need to shed some FAT!

cbutler

High End Bro
Platinum
Hello ladies.
I am a 24 y/o female. I use to be a Division 1 Track and Field thrower. I injured my knee which put me out for a couple of months and later resulting into me quitting school all together. In college I was 240lbs I'm 5'7 which seems as if it were a lot of weight for my height,but I was also incline benching 220lbs and squating 285lbs. My ideal weight is to get into the lower 200s...I think I would feel great at 215.
At the moment I'm looking for any help I can get on shedding fat. I'm running 2 miles 3 times a week and I've been doing this for 3 weeks.

Hello ladies.
I am a 24 y/o female. I use to be a Division 1 Track and Field thrower. I injured my knee which put me out for a couple of months and later resulting into me quitting school all together. In college I was 240lbs I'm 5'7 which seems as if it were a lot of weight for my height,but I was also incline benching 220lbs and squating 285lbs. My ideal weight is to get into the lower 200s...I think I would feel great at 215.
At the moment I'm looking for any help I can get on shedding fat. I'm running 2 miles 3 times a week and I've been doing this for 3 weeks.

Welcome to EF. :)

Sounds like you naturally carry quite a lot of lean body mass for a woman. I suspect it's a personal goal of yours to maintain as much of that skeletal muscle as possible while reducing body fat.

I might suggest intermittent fasting. Search this forum for threads on it. If you can't find it I'll dig out my old thread on it. I found it to be quite powerful for reducing bodyfat while sparing muscle. You also obviously need to be pumping iron and getting plenty of high quality protein. Get back to us on your current workout and diet so we can see where you're at now.

Thank you. My eating habits while I was in college was 1 big meal a day. When it came to eating I noticed I would gain 5lbs in a day. I did some research and found out my body was in starvation mode and storing everything as fat. Now I'm up to eating 4 times a day and I've lost 30lbs in the past 3 weeks. Yes I know its a lot of weight but I am blessed and known for losing a large amount of weight in a short period of time. The only workout I'm doing is pure cardio( considering I was never a runner in my life) 2 miles 3 times a week. I'm taking a pre-workout formula Jack3d following with a ISO pure RTD and I'm taking Magnesium,Gaba and Melatonin at night.
Thank you for your suggestion I appreaciate it very much.

Thank you. My eating habits while I was in college was 1 big meal a day. When it came to eating I noticed I would gain 5lbs in a day. I did some research and found out my body was in starvation mode and storing everything as fat. Now I'm up to eating 4 times a day and I've lost 30lbs in the past 3 weeks. Yes I know its a lot of weight but I am blessed and known for losing a large amount of weight in a short period of time. The only workout I'm doing is pure cardio( considering I was never a runner in my life) 2 miles 3 times a week. I'm taking a pre-workout formula Jack3d following with a ISO pure RTD and I'm taking Magnesium,Gaba and Melatonin at night.
Thank you for your suggestion I appreaciate it very much.

It certainly is.

Cardiovascular exercise while running a caloric deficit, and not doing any progressive resistance weight training at all means your body is almost certainly metabolizing some amount of skeletal muscle as well as body fat. Some of that weight loss you're experiencing is just water weight, some fat, but almost certainly some is muscle. If you're comfortable with loosing skeletal muscle, your exercise regime probably doesn't need any modification at this point.

Your right RW. I'm wanting preserve as much skeletal muscle as I can,but just lose the fat. Ill start hitting the weight room as soon as I can. Thank you for your help and consideration.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Top Bottom