Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I met my goal, now what?

seriouslyfit

Well, I met my goal, thanks to the wonderful support I got in this thread!!!! As stated in a previous thread, my goal was to lose bodyfat, but without losing weight. I followed a clean diet and eight weeks later I am happy with my results. I followed the exercises in the shadow project however I did not take the supplements, (just couldn't stomach it). My bodyfat went from about 23% to 18% and everyone I encounter tells me I look a lot leaner however I've only lost about a pound. I know 18% is probably high for some of you but I like my proportions and I would like to keep the butt that I do have. :) My ultimate goal was to get a flat tummy and that has been achieved, and I can even see my abs a little!!!!!! My question is what's next. I would like to, for the most part, maintain where I am now however I love lifting and I would like to continue lifting heavy in hopes to gain more definition over time, especially in the rear. :rainbow: How many calories and what should I be eating. I would probably like to get my bodyfat to 17% but over time. There's no rush to meet that goal. How much cardio should I be doing? I basically need advice on how to maintain. I'm so used to eating and exercising the way I am now, I have no idea how to tweak my regimen. Any suggestions would be soooo greatly appreciated! This is where I am currently and what I'm doing. I know I want to add more muscle but I don't want to get any leaner!!

Weight: 140
Height:5'5
Calories burned at complete rest 1588 (according to my fitness assesment)

I currently eat between 1500-1700 calories per day. I exercise 4-5 times a week. I do HIIT for 25 minutes three times a week and steady state one day a week. I lift four days a week.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry Im so busy and I have to STUDY!!! But I didnt want you to feelt left hanging....

GREAT JOB on meeting your goal!!!!

S's project ran 12 weeks I thought, why didnt you finish it? I think mine ran 12 weeks? If you are still seeing progress I wouldnt change anything. Maybe redo some of the workouts you liked the best?

The better your diet, the more abs you will see.. Keep up the great work!!!

Again I wouldnt change anything until you hit a plat or if you are looking for something else to follow, maybe throw out some ideas of what you liked best and someone can come up with a split for you? WHy fix whats not broken I guess is what Im sayin...

Got any pics to post?

again nice job !

Well if you no longer want to continue to lose bf - which under S's program is 10-12x bodyweight.....maintenance/adding muscle is about 13-15x your bodyweight. So maybe cut back on 1x a week of cardio and add a tiny bit of calories......if you gain too much, cut back again.....

*Bunny* said:
Sorry Im so busy and I have to STUDY!!! But I didnt want you to feelt left hanging....

GREAT JOB on meeting your goal!!!!

S's project ran 12 weeks I thought, why didnt you finish it? I think mine ran 12 weeks? If you are still seeing progress I wouldnt change anything. Maybe redo some of the workouts you liked the best?

The better your diet, the more abs you will see.. Keep up the great work!!!

Again I wouldnt change anything until you hit a plat or if you are looking for something else to follow, maybe throw out some ideas of what you liked best and someone can come up with a split for you? WHy fix whats not broken I guess is what Im sayin...

Got any pics to post?

again nice job !

Thank you! I need to buy a digital camera so that I can post pics. The reason I stopped was because I felt I got a little too lean and I started to notice my butt shrunk considerably. I know it sounds crazy but I didn't want to lose everything back there so I thought that maybe I should change something up. I enjoy challenging myself, and I like the Shadow project because the intensity constantly increases and it's not the same exact thing week to week. I think I will continue this, just as long as I don't lose everything in the rear!! :qt: If not losing to much more bodyfat means I get to keep my butt then I'm willing to sacrifice :)

I met my goal, now what?

I coach a collegiate level team, and I always tell them not to set goals, but to set standards. You meet a goal and it's over when it's accomplished, but you live up to standards forever.

Their original "goal" was to win their division. Instead, I set a standard of play....since then, nobody in their division/Union has beaten them, they've won the biggest collegiate tournament in the country, and about 3-4 others. They live up to a self-set standard of excellence, and never set goals now...and they've hardly lost a game in the last 2 years.

seriouslyfit said:
Thank you! I need to buy a digital camera so that I can post pics. The reason I stopped was because I felt I got a little too lean and I started to notice my butt shrunk considerably. I know it sounds crazy but I didn't want to lose everything back there so I thought that maybe I should change something up. I enjoy challenging myself, and I like the Shadow project because the intensity constantly increases and it's not the same exact thing week to week. I think I will continue this, just as long as I don't lose everything in the rear!! :qt: If not losing to much more bodyfat means I get to keep my butt then I'm willing to sacrifice :)

Add some heavy, deep squats in! Those will help your butt considerably! better to have some nice lean muscle anyways!

Congrats on your progress, wish I had the dedication to drop BF% that you have!

Instead of looking for a new bf% or weight to hit, why not start with some weight goals? AKA try to squat bodyweight, 20 chinups, etc.

Top Bottom